PDA

View Full Version : deep hole

Bream_Reaper01
20-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Where exactly is area called the "deep hole" behind seaworld?Iv'e been there as a kid but that was a while ago now,and can't remember where it is but i hear reports it still fishes well especially for Tailor in winter ,is it an area or a clearly defined hole,can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.

Blue_Escape
20-01-2005, 10:51 AM
The hole is directly opposite the big Seaworld roller coaster I'm guessing about 50m off shore - easy enugh to find with a basic sounder. I fished it a bit last winter and got a heap of just undersize bream (23cm) and a couple of HUGE pike eels (about as thick as your leg, 2m long & all teeth :o :o).

Nugget
20-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Blue_Escape has it right.
If you look at Seaworld from the water - there is a stairway tower for access to the water slide - it is directly out in front of that - about 10 meters off the bank.
It is about 30 feet deep these days.
The big attraction in past years was that is was on the edge of seagrass beds which attracted all manner of juvenile and bait species - which in turn attracted other bigger predator - in particular, jewfish and hairtail.
Unfortunately there is a jetski slalom course and hire course over the top of it now which makes it impossible to fish on weekends and holidays.

A new 'deep hole' has developed at the southern end of the Spit - a better bream hole that the Seaworld hole by a long shot.

Dave ><>

Bream_Reaper01
21-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Thanks heaps for the info nugget and blue escape.Nugget travelling north towards the southern end of the spit is the hole ,port or starboard side of that channel and roughly how far from the southern end of the spit is it?

Nugget
21-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Starboard side (east) - right at the south western end of the sand spit - you will see the water change colour if you don't have a sounder - best hole in the Broadwater at the moment.

Dave ><>

Bream_Reaper01
22-01-2005, 03:39 AM
Many many thanks nugget