PDA

View Full Version : For a good cause dylan hartung

longlux
26-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Im a member of http://www.outerlimits4x4.com

we are collecting money for dylan hartung so he can get treatment in america

This is the story from the herald sun
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11738260%5E661,00.html
Caring bridge web page
http://www2.caringbridge.org/me/dylanhartung/

this is the link to the post on outerlimits with the details
http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/PHP_Modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32898&start=0

if you deposit money can you please put your forum & nick name

or you can post it to

Dylan Hartung Fund, Australia Post Dandenong Letters Centre, Locked Bag 5100, Dandenong 3175.

or you can now deposit at any bendigo bank

please donate if you can

i have spoken to Tim dylans dad they are desperate

if u have any concerns email me bungee_1@bigpond.com

or call me 08 90413485

if you see a post on a forum that has different details please contact me

thanks longlux
joe

mods could this be made into a sticky please

longlux
27-12-2004, 12:55 PM
This is now on a couple of forums i will post details of how the Forum colections are going as soon as bruce posts it on outerlimits

Thanks All

longlux

longlux
05-01-2005, 05:45 AM
TRANSFER FROM TONY ROBINSON RUFF/OUTERLIMITS
TRANSFER FROM PERIODIC PAYMENT OUTERLIMITS LONGLUX
TRANSFER FROM NETBANK ANTHONYP
TRANSFER FROM JEREMY ENGLISH EM/JEM OUTERLIMITS
TRANSFER FROM FORD MAV- OUTERS DONATION-DYLAN
TRANSFER FROM THOMPSON S M O/LIMITS - THE FISH
TRANSFER FROM NETBANK 80LSYGQ FOR DYLAN
TRANSFER FROM CLITTY
and one that just says DEPOSIT $50 on the 30/12
--
thats it.. $520.00 so far. :'(

longlux
06-01-2005, 06:18 AM
TFER AUTO ENG AUTO ENG
TFER CRAZIE - EO MEMBER ADAM CRAZE
TRANSFER FROM M P KEIGHLEY ROADRUNNER OL
ANZ INTERNET BANKING FUNDS TFER OUTERLIMITS RYANO
DEPOSIT BIGGQ
TRANSFER FROM JEREMY ENGLISH EM/JEM OUTERLIMITS
TRANSFER FROM FORD MAV- OUTERS DONATION-DYLAN
TRANSFER FROM THOMPSON S M O/LIMITS - THE FIS
TRANSFER FROM NETBANK 80LSYGQ FOR DYLAN
TRANSFER FROM CLITTY
TRANSFER FROM TONY ROBINSON RUFF/OUTERLIMITS
TRANSFER FROM PERIODIC PAYMENT OUTERLIMITS LONGLU
TRANSFER FROM NETBANK ANTHONYP

Total $690.00

longlux
11-01-2005, 07:35 AM
we are now up to $853.00

TFER CRAZIE EO MEMBER CRAZIE EO MEMBER
TRANSFER FROM BENDIGO BANK MEREMALE - OL

I honestly thought this would be easy but its more like pulling teeth ???

longlux
12-01-2005, 12:12 PM
WE HAVE FINALLY HIT $1000.00

$1008.00 actually....

TRANSFER FROM OUTERLIMIT-SHANE OUTERLIMITS-SHANE
TRANSFER FROM ANDREW W FISHER FIGHTARA
TRANSFER FROM NETBANK FISHMAN FROM OL
TRANSFER FROM NETBANK HNMOUTERLIMITS

longlux
13-01-2005, 06:57 AM
This is an email Sent to me from Tim Dylans dad

Hi Joe,
Thanks for your reply.Things have really happened today.Dylan and his mum Melissa fly out next Tuesday the 18th.We still dont have the required funds but we cant wait any longer.By the end of the week we will become a tax deductable charitable fundraising commitee.Got the state minister for health to stand up and acknowledge our plight after Melissa spoke on 3AW today.Lets hope the government can help one of their own.

Now read below another hurdle This time from the american goverment

This is an update from Dylans Parents

O.K here’s the news. Yesterday was a huge hurdle. I contacted the American Consulate who informed me that I would not be allowed in the country without proof of sufficient funds to cover the anticipated medical costs. She explained that I could not even get a waived 90 day visa to attend the consultation! This is all due to the possibility of Dylan becoming unwell once we get to the U.S and then they are obligated to treat him at the cost of their country. I can understand this. Now this means that I must have half a million Australian dollar’s in order to obtain any type of visa to America.

At 7pm last night, I did an interview on a Sydney radio station which apparently the Federal Health Minister was listening to. After the interview, Mr Tony Abbott rang the radio station and told them that they would fast track and review our application for them to fund Dylan’s treatment overseas. Let’s hope the application is approved!

As a response to the radio interview, “Today Tonight” (A current affairs program) rang me up and they are keen to do a story on us (I Also emailed them 20 times on this story). New Idea magazine also contacted us for a story and are sending a photographer here soon. The New Idea contact was thanks to Dylan’s Teacher, her hard work and persistence has paid off! I am also scheduled for another radio interview on 3AW this morning, hence why I am up so early!

Well, it ain’t over yet. I will continue our fight to get Dylan the treatment that he needs and deserves. I don’t know whether we are coming or going, but I have not cancelled the flights just yet, in case we get that miracle phone call that the funds are available.

longlux
22-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Got this today

Hi everyone,
Exciting news.....are you ready for it???

Today we had an anonymous donation deposited into the fund of $175,000

That brings our total to $430,000, I anticipate that by the end of the week we will reach $470,000 ($350,000 U.S)

We are now booking airfares and contacting the hospital in New York to re book the tests and surgery! I will email you all again with flight details and dates as soon as it is all organised.

WOOHOO!!!

When I heard the news, I couldn't stop crying, I had an enormous weight lifted from my shoulders. I can think clearer now, and I can move forward. I still have not heard from the Health minister, but bugger em! We didn't need them. We can rely on the generous and loving people out there in Australia and overseas, we clearly cannot rely on the government.

Well done everyone.

The urgency of funds has now settled down, but we still need to continue our fundraising as this amount is the deposit and will cover the initial treatment and surgery. The monoclonal antibodies (3F8) have a different effect on each child. Some children respond within a month, while others continue for 12 months. So keep the campaign going as I am sure at some point down the track, we will need more funds to go into the hospital's account. But at least now we have months to collect it, and not days.

But for now, take a deep breath, and give yourselves a well deserved pat on the back, as you have all made this happen. Thank you so much. Now our next journey can begin...UP UP and AWAY!!!

Love & Hope
The Hartung Family