PDA

View Full Version : INFO NEXT MROCP/MROVCP Course @ VICKY POINT

subzero
05-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Heres the info which can be found on our unit website at http://www.vmr.org.au/currentcourses.html if the missus is quick enough to get it up before I post this here... ???

Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency (MROCP) or the Marine Radio Operators VHF only Certificate of Proficiency (MROVCP)

This course will be held at VMR Victoria Point starting at 7pm and conclude at approximately 9.30-10pm on both nights.

Night 1) Tuesday February 8th
Night 2) Tuesday February 15th

Their is no cost for our services but their is a fee of $38-50 for the issuing of test papers from the Office of Maritime Communications and the subsequent marking of those test papers by them. Upon passing they will issue your lifetime Certificate. (Licence) If you choose to purchase the Marine Radio Operators Handbook their will be an additional charge of $26-50. (It is recommended that you do purchase this book to meet your legal obligations if your vessel is equipped with Marine Radio's other than 27 meg). ALL FEES WILL NEED TO BE PAID ON THE FIRST NIGHT

Attendees will also need to produce a passport sized photo to be included on their MROCP/MROVCP Certificate and also produce photographic proof of identity, usually in the form of a Drivers Licence or Passport upon completion of the test papers.

Their are 2 classes of Certificate, one being the MROVCP, (restricted to VHF only) and the other being the MROCP. (Unrestricted and includes MF/HF).
If the Certificate is for your personal use only, the MROVCP is the one easier to pass with less questions to answer. If you are aiming to work on a Commercial Vessel, join a Rescue Group, or own a MF/HF set then you will require the MROCP.
You must make a decision at the conclusion of the first night as to which test you wish to sit so the appropriate test papers can be ordered in.

The cost for both classes of Certificate are the same.

To achieve competency or pass, the minimum levels of attainment are listed below.

The examination for these certificates comprises the following:

MROCP = total of 50 questions
Section A 70% (10 questions), Section B 70% (40 questions)

MROVCP = total of 30 questions

Section A 70% (10 questions), Section B 70% (20 questions)

To book or if you have any further questions contact Lloyd via lloyd@vmr.org.au
Regards Lloyd Finn (Trainer/Assessor)

Cheers Lloyd

philip_thomson
05-01-2005, 06:06 PM
hmmm sounds very tempting. would be good to get the MROCP as i will hopefully be getting a comerical skippers license in about 10yrs sort of thing.
location and times aren;t the most friendly for my location however.
ill have a think about it and get back to you Lloyd

cheers phil

subzero
05-01-2005, 06:16 PM
No worrys Philip, I will run one at some part during the winter on a weekend Roster when we are not normally to busy... It will be a while away but certainly before 10 years is up ;D ;D
You must have been a boy scout, well prepared ;) getting ready so early, 10 years early

25_ponies
06-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Guys, if anyone is even vaguely contemplating taking this course with VMR VP, don't sit wondering, get the hell in there and do it !!!

I did the course last year with Lloyd, and rest assured that you won't get a better experience than doing it with the people that you will be talking to on the other end of that radio.

Even if you don't have a VHF set and use 27MHz, I still think the general operating procedures are worth the course cost alone.

Also, if you're thinking of being a tight ass and not buying the book - you will definately refer to it time and time again after the course has been run. PS - the downloadable version from OMC has security applied, so don't think you can get out of it that way.

cuda
06-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi Lloyd
have sent you a email to please put me down for the next course

Gary

subzero
06-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Gidday Gary/Cuda, have penciled you in, see you there
Cheers Lloyd

Black_Jack
06-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi Lloyd
I have also sent you an email to the Feb 05 course

Geoff

subzero
07-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Gidday Black_Jack, I have replied to your e-mail but just noticed you say February the 5th, it starts on Tuesday the 8th of February. You still ok for it?
Cheers Lloyd

Black_Jack
07-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Subzero
I will their on tuesday the 8th of Feb

Thanks

MulletMan
07-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Me too!

subzero
07-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Seen as you are skullking around in here Mr Commodore, did you order me some new books yet?
Aaahhh, the boss watching over the troops, right up their on the front line
;D ;D ;)

subzero
11-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Ok gentleman, down to the last spot, any takers?
Cheers Lloyd

skales
13-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Lloyd just sent you a email for two of if thats ok.

subzero
14-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Yep, I will squeeze you both in Skales. See you there.
Thats it folks, no more spots.
Cheers LLoyd

gif
29-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Just checking in

I am booked in

All is go ahead?

Course is full - is anyone unable to attend?
Gary

subzero
29-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Gidday Gary, yup, it's chocka, 17 including yourself at this stage, no room for anymore as it will just be too cramped at the base.
If I hear of any cancellations before the night I will get back to you, did you have someone else wanting to do the course?

Outsider
30-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Would've liked to do it but the dates clash with the 1770 M&G.

Will catch the next one.