PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Stumpthumpa
02-02-2005, 03:43 AM
A quick hello to everyone from a new memeber. I am based in Byron Bay and am a keen freshwater fisho. After many years on the ocean I got fed up with some of issues facing fishos in my area and made the transition to freshwater.

My wife and I now regularly fish from Pindari, Sommerset, Borumba right up to Peter Faust (on hopefully yearly visits). I fish from a Ally Craft 4.1 with a 30hp Yammie on the back and a Bowmount Min Kota. I am fortunate enough to have met a few members here and hope to meet a lot more.

agnes_jack
02-02-2005, 05:46 AM
G'day Stumpy!
Mate, living in Byron there is little you can do other than fish the fresh, from what I have heard! :'(
Welcome to the site and I look forward to all those huge barra pics and reports!

Regards, Tony ;D ;D

Stumpthumpa
02-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks Tony,
I was lucky enough to be a Faust last September and learned a great many new and interesting ways to lose fish! My best was 104cm which I am pleased with for a first time visit. That was nothing compared to what others were landing. ( I think I may have taken Les's - McCod's barra picture of his 118cm monster!). Once I work out how to post a pic I will give it a shot.

You are also very right about the saltwater options down here :(. I tip my hat to all the die hard campaigners down here who have continued to put the message across from responsible fishos.