PDA

View Full Version : Flight Over Bay pressie...

adamleah
04-02-2005, 06:28 PM
As a lot of you already know and have been keeping a secret from me ......

My beautiful missus has secretly organised a couple of hour flight in a 2 seater plane where ever I wish to go in Brisbane this saturday .... 30 th birthday present ;D ;D

Of course ... I will be heading to the bay and hovering around at 500ft above all you guys fishing taking plenty of snappy pics and video coverage ....

What I wanna know is where all you guys reckon I should get the pilot to fly me over...
I know I will be checking out all the bars and circumference of moreton and straddie definately... But where else you think ?

Looks like I may be heading out with Dave for a wide trip now also after the flight ... ;D .. what a way to spend a weekend ;D ;D ;D

dfox
05-02-2005, 01:41 AM
Happy birthday old fella, enjoy the flight, and find those bloody schools of spotties while your up there ;D ::) ;D...foxy

skippa
05-02-2005, 02:49 AM
The Rous, Rainbow, Mud, and Peel. #

Don't forget to post them here #;)

Cheers,
Tony # 8)
PS Happy Birthday, you young bugger

Mick
05-02-2005, 04:33 AM
I'd have a good look at the bars you guys have to frequently cross, checking out channels through shallow areas. Happy Birthday! Great Present!

Black_Rat
05-02-2005, 05:55 AM
Don't forget to wave i'll be out there somewhere ;D maybe at Tangas bird watching ::) ;D ;D ;D

nisrol
05-02-2005, 09:09 AM
adamleah
Happy birthday m8 , But your not over the hill yet.

my thought is check out the holes around the sand bars and the deep water spots around the shallows best spots for good fish.

Anyhow have a beer for me and have a good time .

cheers andy

seqfisho
05-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Geez Adam,

I thought my missus was great when she got me a topless g-stringed or is that strung :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D waitress to serve drinks at my 40th bash.

What was she thinking ::) ::) ::) ::) :P :P :-*

Regards Glen.

subzero
05-02-2005, 12:53 PM
At about 1.25pm, fly over the Victoria Point floating jetty, its roughly about low tide give or take a couple of minutes, take a picky of the channels if the water is clear enough, and I can print it out and show the novices how to find their way in and out when they come to the base asking for info.
Have a good birthday Adamleah, dont worry about the photo if you are pushed for time
Cheers Lloyd

adamleah
05-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Time will be very pushed LLoyd , by that time I will have brought in an esky load of reds with foxy..... ;D ;D ;D

Everyone is thinking the same way as I am ... am videoing it and taking stills ... I will post em up if they turn out ....

Thanks to all again ...

Adam

propdinger
05-02-2005, 02:54 PM
what a pressie mate
hope you enjoy the whole day

happy birthday

jeff

BigE
06-02-2005, 06:59 AM
no video footage of any mile high club type behaviour thanks ......... there are some secert spots that need to stay that way... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D many happy returns & enjoy the day

adamleah
06-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Boys ........

Sad news is ...... On arrival at airport early this morn there was a massive cloud of fog laying low with some dusty shit still from that dust storm hanging around ....

We hung around the airstrip for a few hours waiting for it to go away and it was still there at 7 30.. The plane was pre booked for 9am and I was also ....Fishing with Foxy ;) Thus the trip has now been delayed ......

Oh well I will wait for a perfect windy weekend , where all the clouds will be blown away and I will have no need to go fishing ... Cheers for the ideas and congrats

subzero
07-02-2005, 01:57 AM
What an absolute bas#4rd Adam, still patience is a virtue. Gives you something to look forward too in the meantime, how did you go with Foxy? Catch plenty?
Hope you had a great birthday mate, cheers Lloyd

adamleah
07-02-2005, 04:44 AM
We did ok LLoyd, considerig the average underwater conditions .... "Current "

Hey I still havent picked up that Boat cover thingamajig that I won at the MnG?

Is it still right to get ?

subzero
07-02-2005, 04:55 AM
Sure thing Adam, if you let me know when you are going to drop in I will let the roster know thats on that weekend that it is no charge and just to fill in the details, no rush, when ever you want

adamleah
07-02-2005, 04:59 AM
KOOL ..... ;D

rakinray
07-02-2005, 05:12 AM
G/ day adam and many happy returns for the birthday mate my missus took this shot out of the virgin jet coming home from melb a couple of weeks back its of the Goldie Seaway might give you a taste of whats to come, hope you enjoy !

CHEERS RAY ;D

Reefmaster
07-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Adam take a held held GPS with you and get him fly low past boats in an area worth getting marks for and punch away mate ;D Sound silly? hey it could work. Just dont fly wide of DI and i will be happy. ;D

Gotta love those pics from the air.
Heres a few from my Vanuatu trip looking over the top of Moreton Island.
I couldnt beleive they put me where the wing and jet was but. I was going to complain and tell them i have an obsession with the water and i want another seat but i controlled myself ;D ::)
Cheers Greg

Reefmaster
07-02-2005, 08:38 AM
and another

adamleah
07-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Great shots there greg , Hopefully I will be a lot closer to ground .... 500ft - 100ft is where we will be sitting so GPS will be no prob ......

Just Hope no one is out there with a shotgun in fear of losing there secret spot :o