PDA

View Full Version : Fishing The New Moon

Girella
02-02-2005, 02:43 AM
I'm planning a trip to Hervey Bay in March for the fishing comp
which starts 10 March. (new moon)

Can anyone tell me their preference for for fishing before or after the new moon as I plan to stay a few extra days. ???

As always all input greatly appreciated. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

agnes_jack
02-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Myself I prefer the lead-up to new moon and 2 days after.
Good luck with the comp!

Regards, Tony

Girella
03-02-2005, 02:51 AM
Thanks Tone.

PK

Mick
03-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Depends on creek fishing or blue water fishing. The new moon in March peaks the lowest tide for a new moon (April is a touch lower actualy) so you should be right either way. Normaly I would be blue water fishing on the new moon, but the tides don't look too bad for creeks. The low tide occupies most of the night around this time. Between midnight and dawn on Saturday the 12th looks good for a creek fish. A couple of hours either side of the low tide (.4) at 2:40am should be the go. Hope sleep is not an issue.
Mick
p.s reading the tides at waddy point

bignick
03-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Moon by day; fish by day. Anything from 2 days before the New moon through to 3 or 4 days after is best for day fishing. That's always been the formula that I've stuck with when offshore fishing. It seems to work, but there'll always be exceptions to the rule.

Cheers,
NICK.

jibby
07-02-2005, 09:06 PM
I think BIGNICK has the right idea. I think that the fish just seem more keen to take baits around that time.

Girella
09-02-2005, 02:52 AM
Great stuff fellas, just what I needed.

I'm writing Wed 9th to Fri 18th on my leave application right now.

Thanks Tony, Mick, Nick & Jibby.

PK [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]