PDA

View Full Version : 1770 MEET N GREET

Pages : [1] 2

Touchy - R.I.P.
12-10-2004, 03:24 AM
I had a chance to speak to a few of the Ausfishers about Bugmans thoughts on Sunday(after drooling over his report photos :o & him giving us a glowing rundown)about a M n G to 1770 & a date in Feb. would suit those I spoke to, Brett/Phil/agnes_jack/Any other Ausfisho's,how about a post up of which week in Feb.suits so we can get an idea of numbers interested. Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

peterbo3
12-10-2004, 04:45 AM
;D ;DThe week when seas are flat & winds are 5-10 knots would be very suitable. ;D ;D

bugman
12-10-2004, 05:01 AM
What about week 3 - Feb 14-20?

Bugman

Streaker
12-10-2004, 05:48 AM
I'm in 1770 here we come.
Wayne

seafox
12-10-2004, 05:51 AM
1770 not to far for me and would like to meet up with you lads count me in

Cheers
Jeff

agnes_jack
12-10-2004, 06:51 AM
Good on ya Fella's
More the merrier!
There are plenty of estuary options for those without offshore boats too!!
Good time for a chance at a barra or jacks.
Will be nice to put a few faces to names

Regards, Tony :D

Big-D
12-10-2004, 06:54 AM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]Hi Touchy,the date bugman has put forward sounds good for me count me in. Cheers pete.

Maria
12-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Yo Big D....long time no see (last MnG....windy one). Count me in at this MnG for sure.

Ben

zedjack33
12-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Sounds like a good date at this stage.

I’ll be into the estuary option/s with my little tub. May even sneek around the front. Look forward to catching up with you blokes.

Cheers Zedjack33 [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

CQ_Fisher
12-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Doesnt matter too much to me when it is, as 1770 is only an hour down the road. I'm keen.

Cheers
JD

Zeeke
12-10-2004, 09:17 AM
id be keen... ive stayed at 1770 and also done the run to Pancake with Rob.. so ive been there twice this year.. just need to sort mah gear out. and cash.. 14th to 20th is cool.. my b'day on the 22nd

Tim

agnes_jack
12-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Tim
Sounds like a good excuse for a birthday bashing!!! ;D ;D ;D

Regards, Tony ;)

MICHAELG
12-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Fred

I'm in
I'm usually up there at that time anyway. hopefully the prawns will be on. great bait live offshore and yummy to ;D

Michael

Zeeke
12-10-2004, 01:20 PM
indeed it does Mate... sounds like a very good excuse ;)

Tim

Zeeke
12-10-2004, 01:22 PM
oh yea and i can recommend the prawns, got a few on my first trip there.. cooked that night.. best bloody feed ive had of prawns in my life... they seriously couldnt be any better.. my old man was pissed off to the extreme when i came home from up there and was bragging about the prawns..he was close to wringing my neck

Tim

Needmorerum
12-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Sounds good to me, I'm in. Is everyone going to stay at the one place, if so where. Tony, is the 1770 camping area still there, is it going to be an option in Feb?

Corry

PS... JD, which boat, yours, mine, big, little, so many questions, so much gear to buy before Feb. Come on Christmas.

jeffo
12-10-2004, 03:06 PM
OHHH yeah... 1770!! im in ;D tony... if its rough you gunna show me where those bass are? ;)

MY-TopEnder
12-10-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm keen...

Black_Rat
12-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Sounds great, just the excuse I'm looking for when it goes ahead bring on 1770 ! ;D

Lucky_Phill
12-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Geez, Touchy ( and Brett ) you got a lot of takers this early in the game.

I'd like to see Tony ( Agnes_Jack ) post up his thoughts on Moon phases, tides, fish species, weather conditions, etc that we should encounter in February 2005.

I have fished 1770 many times over the years, but usually around Easter time. I also stayed in a house and at that time the cost was around $550/ week ( peak period ). But, I'm not sure I'd be that keen to take up a pozzie on the beach in the camp ground at that time of year.

If the takers are serious enough, I'm sure that a house ( which usually sleeps from 8 - 10), can be sourced.

For those considering this M & G, 1770 can be a magnicifent place, and it also can be a bugga, with the wind not allowing offshore ventures for a whole week, so it is important, that as Tony said, alternative arrangements are made to make an Estuary assault transition,,as easy as possible.

February, is NOT that far away.

Phill ;) ;D

MICHAELG
12-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Those with dive gear bring it along, should be a few Crays around the headlands(got a good spot at bustard).
I will be taking a Powerdive(hooker unit)
as well as normal kit

Michael

CQ_Fisher
12-10-2004, 05:42 PM
:o Yea, this is looking real good. Alot of interest from an early stage. Tony, any recomendations on where every1 can stay. Camping would be the best option, that way every1 is in the same area.

Corry, i reckon we take both boats leaving all options wide open.

Keep the ideas coming, guys

Cheers
JD

CQ_Fisher
12-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Another thing i just realised is that we should support other ausfish member's business' when the opportunity arises. Majority or readers would realise that Tony (AgnesJack) owns and operates the local tackle store at Agnes Water. I would like to suggest that members going to the M&G would hold off on buying bait/tackle supplies, or perhaps even order ahead (if Tony is prepared to do so) Just a thought, Tony what do you reckon? Are you looking forward to a bumper month in Feb?

Cheers
JD

snappa
12-10-2004, 06:34 PM
;D
well i'm keen but the week brett suggested is no good for me at this stage :-/
the week before and after is best for me but then i'm only one...
if the week alters and i do go... i will take the cat up myself and just take 2 crew out with me as the weather allows.
crew can jump onboard for one trip or as many as they like ???
.....different members no worries to me.....
;D
tony...
make sure they deliver extra fuel :o to ar/waters... :-/
so if anyone wants to go up and crew. heres an opportunity to fish offshore at 1770...

i have fished at 1770 and know the area.[reasonable]
i can organise a house to stay in but a deposit will have to be taken :P
plenty of rentals but that time of the year could be a problem ???

dfox
13-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Tony how do i get shares in your business? The outlook seems good mate.lol... foxy

mini696
13-10-2004, 11:15 AM
should be a few Crays around the headlands(got a good spot at bustard).

I can vouch for that. If its the spot I'm thinking of you'll clean up on crays!! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Just leave some for me!!

mini696
13-10-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm keen if I can get time off work.

The last time I was on a boat near 1770/Agnes/Bustard Head, I was on the Marine Park Enviro's boat doing "Work Experience". Such a tough life, chasing tourist operators fishing in restricted zones, (more like netting with that many lines in the water).

On the way home the water was SMOOTH. And I mean smooth like oil. Not even wind ripples!! I have photos and will scan and post them soon.

Girella
13-10-2004, 11:55 AM
WOW ! This looks huge ! I'm in.

Zeeke, tell me again about those prawns :P

Razza
13-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Hey Boys
Sounds Fan bloody tastic. Count me in ,Ill take the hilux and tinnie .Ive got more camping gear than you could poke a stick at and if your lookin for deckies Pete count me in.Hey Tony you had better warn the Jack,s we are comingand i hope the prawns are on. Last time they were running while i was up there we got 15 kgs in about 10 mins and they were the best prawns i have ever eaten.
Razza

bay_firey
13-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Sounds great to me and only a couple of hours away.
The big thing will be time off work. And the young fella will be pissed off bigg time, it will be his first month in High School so he won't be coming

MY-TopEnder
13-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Bay Firey, just ask Dirty_Mole how peeved he is that its his first month back at school and the old lady won't let him come. Actually considering he won't be coming, i have some deckie spaces for estuary fishing to.

Touchy - R.I.P.
14-10-2004, 02:41 AM
OK all you Ausfishers,With the postive (early) replies it looks like the Feb. week of the 14th to 20th is a goer,If no overwhelming negitive votes or reasons are posted by the end of the week,Just get the Nicko out & put a big circle round the date above for Feb., BRING IT ON ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D.Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Payneful
14-10-2004, 06:05 AM
Yep I am keen ... count me in.

Sam.

snappa
14-10-2004, 08:49 AM
:-/ BUGGA
i'm out that week... :'(

SeaSaw
14-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Too early to be sure - but it is pencilled in #;D

Mark

Needmorerum
14-10-2004, 05:14 PM
The response to this is awesome. Where can everyone stay so that we'll all be together. Tony, looking forward to hear what your views are on ordering ahead. Can payment be made via credit card over the phone?
JD, may have to do a couple of trips before hand to have a look around.

This is going to be a great Feb.

Corry

searaider
14-10-2004, 06:05 PM
I'm keen ,
It's a bit early to say that I'm a definate starter ,but like SeaSaw I'm pencilling the dates in .

SeaSaw / Reel-Job ,
We will have to get together & have a talk about going to this M&G .

Peter
Searaider 2

peewee
14-10-2004, 11:12 PM
::)..mmm..doesnt seem a bad way to celebrate Valentines Day! :o...
"Romancing The Fish"
I'll pencil it in for now also

agnes_jack
15-10-2004, 11:02 AM
G'day all!
I'm sorry its taken so long to get back to you, just had 2 days off and went for a fish this morning. (more on that later)

Corry
The 1770 campgrounds will still be open no worries!!! #Quite a few blokes seem keen to rent a few of the larger houses here so they can split the costs, that should work out fairly cheap really. So we may need to get a show of hands as to who wants to do what. The real estates should take credit card deposits no worrys, booking for that time of year is usually not a problem, but book as soon as you are sure you are coming.

Phil
It would be a good idea if groups can organize a tinny to bring up as well where possible so tha the options remain open to hit the estuarys for prawns, jacks, barra etc if the weather goes bad, Long way to come for nothing.
I will check moon phases, tides etc and post them in the next few days.
CQ-
Camping or sharing a house are both options, for comfort a house would be better, but it is a beautiful setting in the camp ground at 1770. You can anchor your boat in front of the campsite for easy access.
Thanks for the plug of support there mate!! No worries for those who wish to purchase bait, tackle etc here, will give all Ausfishers a substantial discount to make it worth your while. If anybody requires any special requests bait wise etc, Please let me know so I can make sure it is organized for you.

Snappa
Its usually very quiet at that time, most of the christmas crowd has left, so booking a house for then shouldn't be a worry.

Foxy
The shares were going cheap last week mate! ;D ;D ;D

Tim
Have already put in an order for the prawns to be here then! ;D
I am still trying to organize the ants, but don't worry I'm sure there will be a few around at least. ;)

Razza
No worries mate, I will let the jacks know you are coming! or better still, I'll just go and catch them all just before you come ;D ;D ;D
Don't think your sister ended up calling in the other week ???

Bay firey!
No wonder your son will be cheesed! High school goes for years, whats a few days late! Get your priorities right >:( >:( >:( :D

Regards, Tony

bay_firey
15-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Yeah but Tony it is the firat few weeks of Grade 8 for him so it will be pretty important to be there

Dirty_Mole
15-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Bay Firey, just ask Dirty_Mole how peeved he is that its his first month back at school and the old lady won't let him come. Actually considering he won't be coming, i have some deckie spaces for estuary fishing to.

>:( >:( >:( GRRRRR I HATE STUPID HIGHSCHOOL IT SHOULD BE BANNED oh well there is always next time i suppose ;)

MY-TopEnder
15-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Missing Valentines day?? pffft theres one next year ;D

Zeeke
15-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Lol Tony.. i might have to bum a ride with someone if they'll give me a lift up to 1770 and back.. any one keen?

Tim

mackmauler
15-10-2004, 06:38 PM
you will have to fight dylan for shotgun tim ;D

agnes_jack
16-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Bay Firey
Only joking mate! ;D
It's very important for him to got an good edjumacation, or he may end up doing nothing other than fishing for the rest of his days! :-/ :-/ 8)

Reglards, tOnY;?

blaze
16-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Is anyone getting firm prices on camping/house etc, if so when, takes a bit more planning from tassie
is there a ride i could pick up from brissy airport and a ride up and back
been watching this one with interest, better for me than a weekend m and g
maybe if i commit we can get some other interstate members (OK WHERE ARE THE REST OF YOU TASSIE MEMBERS)
I would be travelling light, so I may be a bit of a pest for things that most people bring
Only problem I see at this time is that 13th is my wedding anaversry (missed it last year chasing tuna and still get reminded)
got me thinking
cheers
blaze

blaze
16-10-2004, 03:29 PM
looking at a map, theres a bloody great marine park out there, when ya go offshore is it past the park or before the park you talk about
I know, what a dumb arse, but learning
cheers
blaze
Ps
Will i cook to medium rare the first day and well done the next

CQ_Fisher
16-10-2004, 07:53 PM
G'day Blaze. I think it shows great commitment to suggest coming to the M&G at 1770 all the way from TAS.(especially if its ya anniversary time) Great chance to get up to this "neck of the woods" when theres gonna be plenty of local advice on hand, it should prove to be a very pleasant & fruitful week. Mate, maybe if u have to stick around for your anniversary (we all need to rack up brownie points every now and then) you can come up earlier in the week. My sons birthday is also the 13/2, so i'll stick around home for that and then head down to 1770. I will admit that i have the benefit of being within an hour or so drive from 1770, so its hardly a comparison. As for your comment on the "green zone" (national park), one of the benefits in fishing an area like 1770 is that there are reefs, bommies, shoals, rocks EVERYWHERE ;D so there are options beyond the green zones, before the green zones and throughout the green zones. Feb is gonna be bloody hot up here so u better pack plenty of zinc for your tasmanian nose :o oh yea, and dont forget the other nose on your second head :-X ;D ;D. Just jokes mate. I hope u can make it.

Cheers
JD

Black_Rat
16-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Tony,
Looking good for bussiness for ya in Feb 05 ;D ;D ;D
Damo

agnes_jack
17-10-2004, 04:26 AM
Blaze
Thats awsome mate! Thats a big effort coming from tassie!
I,m currently trying to find the best deals in houses that are big enough to share, will post them shortly. Its not a busy time here in feb so there should be quite a few available. As CQ says there are a lot of reefs between shore and the green areas, they really havn't bothered us too much around here.

Regards, Tony

agnes_jack
17-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Accomodation!
There are 3 suitable houses, all within spitting distance of each other, close to town centre.

Lazy J's-- Sleeps 8 singles, heaps of room for boats etc #$550
La Praia--sleeps 6 singles, plenty of parking # $500
Beachcomber-- sleeps 8, plenty of parking # #$600
Those 3 are all located close together.

Others (within a km or so)
Caddies-- 5 singles plenty parking #$500
Little house-- 3 singles #plenty parking $500
Heart of agnes--- 7 singles limited parking #$600

Bookings can be made thru Beaches of 1770 real estate #(07) 49749655
A deposit of $200 deposit per house within 10 days of booking, the real estate suggests that bookings should be made as soon as possible.

Caravan parks.
Captain Cook holiday village- (07) 49749219
Agnes Water caravan park- (07) 49749193
1770 camp ground (on the water)- (07) 49749286

Cabin style accomodation
1770 holiday cabin retreat-(07) 49749270

# # # # # # # # #Regards, Tony

blaze
17-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi all
Havin a wee bit of bother with this wedding anaversry, tried to tell the wife she may have mixed the dates up (advice is DONT try this tactic)
Maybe a couple of mates will also make the trip
I will keep reading
cheers
blaze

reef05
18-10-2004, 10:44 AM
don't know if I'll be able to get up for the whole week.But I'll be there for a few days

Touchy - R.I.P.
19-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Hey Gang,'Youse can take the La Praia house off Tony's post for that week it's been booked 8)

Zeeke
19-10-2004, 12:55 PM
gettin a bit sly there Touchy ;)

searaider
19-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi Touchy ,
Is it booked by some of the Aushfish Guys , or just already booked by someone else ?
Do you have any idea if most of the guys are going to stay in the 1770 Caravan Park , or at Agnes Waters ?
At this stage I'm 95% sure that I'm going .

Peter
Searaider 2

bay_firey
19-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Am thinking I would like to bring the tent, suggestions 1770 / Agnes.
Can compfortably sleep 4 if anybody needs a roof over their head

Needmorerum
19-10-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm looking at taking the swag with me, 1770 camping area sounds like a goer for me. I don't really want to commit to anything in case all sh!t turns belly up between not and then.
Maybe we should be starting to get a feel for what everyone wants.
Throw up your posts and preferences as to whether you are looking at going into a house or roughing it in a tent or swag.
Does anyone know if the camping area has facilities for cleaning fish, I know this is a bit optomistic, but it would be handy if it does.

Corry

blaze
19-10-2004, 04:32 PM
From Tassie at this point you are looking at
Blaze 99% sure
Mark (also a member, hasnt posted much) 95% sure
I think we would be looking to share a house ?
We are looking at fly to brissy and hire a car for the trip up (probable take me a week to find it, figure if i keep the sea on my right hand side I will be going the right way and get there and if the sea is on my left, i am either going home or in WA)
Sounds like a good trip for me
Also bear in mind we will after lots of help etc etc
cheers
blaze

Needmorerum
19-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Blaze, I got a 90% shot at going, pending on work, but if I am going down, and I can help out with any gear, then just give me a hoy. If worst comes to worst then I will be down on the first weekend, and then back again on the second as it is only about 2 hours, or make that 3 hours towing a boat, away from home. I don't have allot of fishing gear, but I will help out in anyway I can.
We'll get into the nitty gritty stuff as we get closer.

Sounds like this is going to be a top week.

Corry

dfox
19-10-2004, 05:23 PM
tony how long does it take you to drive to brisbane from your shop and roughly how many ks is it?...foxy

blaze
19-10-2004, 05:27 PM
I am thinkin it will be a top week, as i said to Mark even if we dont score a fish or two it will still be good to catch up with as many ausfishers as i can
cheers
blaze

blaze
19-10-2004, 05:29 PM
bloody good question foxy, looking at maps i have it looks to be about 500k from brissy?
cheers
blaze

searaider
19-10-2004, 06:02 PM
dfox , blaze ,
From what I can remember it is just on 500 k's from Brisbane , I have just decided that I'm definately going .
Hopefully we will get some good weather , if not it will be a good opportunity just to have a holiday & meet some of the guys.

Peter
Searaider 2

blaze
20-10-2004, 01:37 AM
Nee d to find some people to share a house with a couple of tassie boys ?
What company would be the best to hire a car from brissy airport
cheers
blaze

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-10-2004, 02:08 AM
Searaider 2, The house has been booked by the 6 topgun fisho's from AUSFISH :-X :o 8) ::) :P, I have been informed from one who knows that the trip from Brissie is just on 7 hrs.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Black_Rat
20-10-2004, 03:27 AM
Searaider 2, The house has been booked by the 6 topgun fisho's from AUSFISH :-X :o 8) ::) :P, .
Sounds like a challange to me Touchy ! ::) :P ;D ;D
Damo

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-10-2004, 03:40 AM
Perhaps we could ask Steve(Mr Ausfish) to check his large box of goodies ;)& donate a suitable prize for the (his nominated one heaviest species) for the offshore & one for the estuary brigades.Cheers Touchy.><>.

zedjack33
20-10-2004, 04:03 AM
Oh this sounds like trouble Touchy. Great idea though.
Jacks ::) ::)

Cheers Zedjack33 [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif]

Hookem_Herby
20-10-2004, 05:09 AM
Touchy,
Shouldn't take you 7hrs unless you are towing a monster rig. It's just on 500kms from Brisbane to Agnes and it took me just over 5.5 hours last w.e. (in the Jeep, doing the speed limit but I wasn't towing my boat - had a driver reviver stop near Maryborough as well ::)).
Foxy, I doubt it would take more than 6 hours even with a boat in tow.
Blaze, search the net and see if you can get a weekly deal from one of the car rental companies at the airport. I found Europcar to be good because they have unlimited kms as part of their deal, where Budget, Avis, etc all have a 150km per day cap and charge extra for additional kms. Good luck mate. Great to hear that you're making the trip up. :D

Looking at my diary I think I could make it too. If only Tony could guarantee us 'perfect' weather conditions!!! :P :P :P

Herby

agnes_jack
20-10-2004, 07:57 AM
You should be able to drive from Brissie in around 6 hrs roughly, towing a boat. I think it is just over 500k's.
Bay Firey-1770 camp ground is right on the estuary, There is a camp area in Agnes that costs $4 per head per night.
Corry- There are no fish cleaning facilities anywhere around here >:( I suppose the only spot to clean them is around the estuary somewhere.

Prizes!!!!!!
I will donate either some sort of prizes or a couple of trophy's for the event.
Prize categories to be announced! ::)

Regards, Tony ;D

mackmauler
20-10-2004, 08:11 AM
Tony, on the subject of cleaning etc, bugger all cleaning facilities around here either >:( ... where can one find a tap with drinking water around 1770! or agnes for that matter.

Rob

agnes_jack
20-10-2004, 09:08 AM
Rob
Good drinking water around here ??? ???
Around here we import all our drinks in little brown bottles!
The water here comes from bores, and tastes like cr@#
The rental houses should have tank water if you don't like the stuff in the brown bottles!

Tony ;) ;)

Payneful
20-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Sounding good!

Lucky_Phill
20-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Springwood ( Brisbane sth side ) to 1770 was 532k's, but that was going thru Miriam Vale etc. It is shorter and better, going thru Bundaberg, and all bitumen.

We usually stop at Gympie and Gin Gin, but that will take you the long way thru Miriam Vale. So a stop at Gympie and Bundaberg is the go. No rush, is there ?

From memory, there was a tap at the park on the point at 1770. We usually cleaned fish at the house and took the frames to the estuary. The Bream certainly cleaned them up in no time.

I'll post some pics of uncles trip from last week.

Phill

Lucky_Phill
20-10-2004, 12:45 PM
other

Lucky_Phill
20-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Nanagai

Lucky_Phill
20-10-2004, 12:48 PM
View from verandah of the house at Round Hill.

bay_firey
20-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Thanks Tony

Which do yo reckon would be the better camp ground to stay at ?

reef05
20-10-2004, 05:15 PM
this is sounding to goood to miss going to hit the boss up tomorrow about the whole week off (missus has said I could go thats half the battle over).Phill when do you think you'll hit Gympie could probably meet you on the hi way some where for the drive up.will be on my own but I don't think it will be to hard to find someone to come for a fish [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

bugman
21-10-2004, 05:12 AM
Gang,

I went up from Brissy towing the big rig - about 2 tonne - in Sept. We sat on 80-100kmh for the trip with three stops and did it in 7 hours. But as Phil says we weren't in a hurry.

I'm going up again in Nov and will go and have a look at the houses then and make some bookings.

I can vouch for the water issue - couldn't find anywhere to wash the boat or flush the motor - let alone get drinking water but you get that.

I was also guilty of filleting a couple of fish in the boat while pulled up at the beach next to the boat ramp. Upon leaving the ramp I saw a big sign - "NO FISH CLEANING" - oops :-X

I'll bring my filleting table and we can probably have a mass cleaning effort over a few beers in the arvo and take the rubbish offshore the next day.

I'm also looking for a willing participant to place a few of the Bugman crabpots up the estuary because BOGEY might get up there but not out again ;D

Bugman

Big-D
21-10-2004, 06:26 AM
;)Bugman, I think i mite be able to help you out there, But it may cost you a crab or two because you know what touchy eat's like. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheers pete.

PS:We will use frames in the pots.

Lucky_Phill
21-10-2004, 11:59 AM
NO filleting at Ramp, yep, but I also note that the Mack pro's ( used ) to clean their fish at the sandbar in front of the camp grounds. That particualr stretch of water is also where we used to water ski. Tight, but fun.

This thing is turning into a Monster, and Brett, it's all your fault ;D ;)

Phill

bay_firey
21-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Well, leave from work is booked, looks like I will be a definate starter.

Will have a spot in the tupperware if anybody is interested

reef05
21-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Got the all clear from the boss for the week off so I'll be up!!!!![smiley=laola.gif]boat in tow fishing gear all primed for a good working out and hopefully the weather will just be perfect.

agnes_jack
22-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Bay Firey
So long as you can put up with the sandflies, 1770 is probably the best ground to stay at.

Regards, Tony

Razza
22-10-2004, 01:03 PM
Hey Tony
When ive been up there the sandflies only seem to get you for about half an hour just as the sun goes down and they are nasty little bastards
Razza

Needmorerum
22-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Leave has been approved, 1770, here I come.

Corry

zedjack33
23-10-2004, 03:45 AM
IF needed for leave passes ;D ;D
APPLICATION TO GO OUT AND RETURN LATE

Name of Boyfriend/Partner/Fiancι/Husband: # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
I request permission for a leave of absence from the highest authority in my life for the following period:

Date: # # # # # # # # # # # #Time of departure: # # # # # # # # # # # #Time of return: # # # # # #

Should permission be granted, I do solemnly swear to only visit the locations stated below. Nor shall I speak to another female other than those listed without gaining verbal permission one hour beforehand. I will not turn off my mobile after two pints, nor shall I consume above the allocated volume of alcohol without first phoning for a taxi or ordering a tandori. I understand that even if permission is granted, my girlfriend/fiancι/wife retains the right to be pissed off with me the following week for no valid reason what so ever.

Amount of alcohol allowed (units) # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
Locations likely to be visited

Females likely to be encountered

Strength of curry permitted

I am the low life. I know who wears the trousers in our relationship, and I agree it’s not me. I promise to abide by your rules & regulations. I understand that this is going to cost me a fortune in chocolates & flowers. You reserve the right to obtain and use my credit cards whenever you wish to do so. I hereby promise to sleep overnight on a park bench next to a tramp should I not return home by the time approved below. On my way home, I will not pick a fight with a person who only exists in my inebriated mind, nor shall I conduct in depth discussions with the said entity. I understand that the wardrobe, cupboard, washing-up basket, fridge and dishwasher are out of bounds with regards to urinating.

I declare that to the best of my knowledge (of which I have none compared to my BETTER half), the above information is correct.
Signed - Boyfriend/Partner/Fiancι/Husband:
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
Request is APPROVED / TURNED DOWN

This decision is not open to negotiation other than on my terms.
"……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Permission for my boyfriend/partner/fiancι/husband to be away for the following period of time:

Date: # # # # # # # # # # # #Time of departure: # # # # # # # # # # # #Time of return:

Cheers Zedjack33 [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

seafox
23-10-2004, 03:58 AM
Zedjack33 that sounds like a standard marriage contract :-X

ps mine has been approved 1770 here I come ;D

Cheers jeff

mini696
23-10-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm in now!!! ;D ;D

Got the time off work, and keen to hit the local Jacks!!

Now I'm excited and can't concentrate on work!!

zedjack33
23-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Could'nt resist hey mick ;)

mini696
23-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Nope... Couldn't resist. I'm having withdrawl symptoms from not fishing... Its been 2 weeks!!!

Looking out the window now... 5 knots, sunny, 29deg...
Should have taken a sicky!!

mini696
23-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Heres some pics or the area during a trip did ages ago.

This is Pancake Creek.

mini696
23-10-2004, 03:09 PM
And another. #Cant quite remember which way I was facing taking this.

But look at the water. #This is in the ocean!!

searaider
24-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Touchy / Guys ,
I'm in got the time off from work & the accomodation's booked .
Decided that I'd go for 2 weeks [smiley=thumbsup.gif]from Sat 5th to Sun 20th .
Can't wait .
We just have to keep everything crossed for good weather .

See you there [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Peter
Searaider 2

reef05
24-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Hey mini696
those pics just get the blood running,I'm all ready starting to get on the wives nervs talking about this trip. ;D

agro
25-10-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm only a newby to ausfish so can anyone come to this hoedown

dfox
25-10-2004, 01:03 PM
Everyones welcome agro, its a good way to meet fellow fishermen that share a common interest, welcome to the site mate...foxy

Girella
26-10-2004, 03:53 AM
Here's a tally of members who've indicated their acceptances at this stage.
The total to date is 21 and there are quite a few more possibles.

Agnes Jack
bay_firey
Big-D
Black_Rat
blaze
bugman
CQ_Fisher
Girella
jeffo
Maria
MICHAELG
mini696
MY-TopEnder
Payneful
reef05
Seafox
Searaider 2
Streaker
Touchy
zedjack33
Zeeke

SCOTTYGC
26-10-2004, 04:42 AM
just waiting for my leave to be approved from work and home shouldnt be a problem
has anyone else booked any of the houses listed by angus jack?:
should be myself and two others and we are looking at getting a house and will need a couple of others to fill the house

Any suggestions on fishing gear we will need to fish outside ( line size , tackel , ect)
scotty

polydriver
26-10-2004, 05:50 AM
Put my name down.

I should be in hervey bay again by then so can travel up with Bay firie. I am taking Ben so you should bring Mich along. The boy will never talk to you again...lol

Lucky_Phill
26-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Jeez, Fella's, talk about pressure ! ::)

OK, OK, I'm in !

Put me down for 'ReBait' and a full crew.

I suppose, I'll have to bring the Ausfish Banner, just to let the locals know, who's in town !

I have put my dibs on a house at 1770 / Round Hill. At this stage there is 4 of us, but the house will take another 2. So, I'll confirm this later. The house is the one in the pic, posted earlier here by me. Enough parking for another boat and car.

Cheers Phill ;)

Razza
26-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Book me in too I will be there for sure. Im taking the tinnie and hilux duel cab so if anyone needs a lift from the brissy area let me know. Will have room for 2 in the ute. Would like to get in on a share of one of the houses but can always pitch a tent if all full.Should be a HOOOT ;D ;D ;)

Sportfish_5
26-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Feb is a long way away for me to plan workwise but still am keen. HMM with all you guys going the Spotties are gunna be lonely in Moreton bay in Feb without you all there ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Might have to fly the Ausfish flag on my own.

Just how many boats are going ??? Boat ramp will be busy.

Tony you'll need to stock up on ice and tackle ;)

dfox
26-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Im a possability, il wait until its a bit closer...foxy

spaniard
26-10-2004, 03:35 PM
sounds like a good trip ,have to wait till closer .

Foxy, if the weathers good and you don't want to tow the big fella up we could take the 16.

bay_firey
26-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Put my name down.

I should be in hervey bay again by then so can travel up with Bay firie.

Oh you will. will you lol.
Suppose you want a spot on the floor of the tent aswell ??
How am i gonna tow 2 boats behind the commodore ??

Touchy - R.I.P.
27-10-2004, 02:26 AM
OK Gang, Steve has just let me know that he is willing to donate a couple of prizes (2) one for the heaviest offshore & one for the inshore species(species yet to be decided :-/,)agnes_jack has also offered to "chip" in but as he has already offered the ausfishes substantial discounts re tackle/bait I reckon that will be enough on its own,NOT to mention all the "drum" on whats biting & where :P 8) ;D ;D. Cheers Touchy. ><> ><> ><>.

ken4159
27-10-2004, 04:03 AM
Feb. is too far away for me to plan work, I need to wait until at least mid Dec. before commiting/booking.

Big_Kev
27-10-2004, 04:04 AM
wee bit of bother with this wedding anaversry, tried to tell the wife she may have mixed the dates up (advice is DONT try this tactic)
blaze
RAFLMAO

Lucky_Phill
27-10-2004, 01:54 PM
OK, I've booked.

But the dates didn't suit me. A Monday to Sunday was only 6 nights, and you get 7 nights in a weekly booking.

So I booked from Sat 12th to Sat 19th.

I'll be staying at the house at Round Hill, overlooking the water, and it is 2.786 minutes from the ramp.

So, Fred, how about posting up ya Tides and Solunar Tables for us, for that week ! ? ;)

mmmmmmmmm # #!

Phill

blaze
28-10-2004, 10:45 AM
looks like i am back to 50/50 and not 99% like I thought, after being Xtra nice to my wife she decided that I could go 0n the wedding anaversry only to then get a call from a bus company that i do all the sign for asking for a price to do half the fleet after respray (normally only do 2 a year), so now i wont know until late dec or eary jan. normally I would be sweating on getting the job, not this time though.
so now i will have to suck it and see
cheers
blaze

SeaHunt
28-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Easily fixed blaze... "er that will cost yous 1.5 million dollars" ;D ;D

SeaHunt
28-10-2004, 10:56 AM
This sounds like it is going to be more popular than the M&G at Jacobs Well. #::)

Maybe I should drag my boat up there and get on the piss too. # 8)

blaze
28-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Hi seahunt
I wish mate, client i have had for 10 years and one day i might need them more than they need me. Still hoping i can some how work around the timeframe so i get the best of both worlds, only time will tell now
cheers
blaze

Bundaberg_Bandit
28-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Just found out about this.

Count me in for a few nites at least

cheers

Bundy bandit

Touchy - R.I.P.
29-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Phil, We (Streaker, Big_D & myself )(plus the phantom snorer)are booked in for the same dates ::) :P, AND (the judges decision being final 8)the prize fish for the offshore ISssss,Lutjanus Sebae & the inshore species Lutjanus Argentimaculatus ??? ::),I will pull up the area code/bite times & percentages on the week end & post 'em up during the week for anyone that maybe interested.Cheers Touchy.><>.

bugman
29-10-2004, 03:51 AM
Come on Fred - Surely the bigest offshore species for the tropical sojourn should be Coral Trout.

Common old Red Emporer - who cares ;D

Just hand the offshore prize over to me now - it'll save the heartache for everyone else.

What about a category for the largest cray?

Touchy - R.I.P.
29-10-2004, 04:38 AM
Brett,Now you know why the species wasn't Coral Trout OR Crays ::) :P, both species all know you by bloody name up there So I thought it best to give some of us common poor old blighters in the trenches a go, Tho' I do know how to get some one to get better fish than you but if I drop a name you might get the sulks & leave her at home. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

agnes_jack
29-10-2004, 05:12 AM
Crays dont count unless you pull them up on a fishing line!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards, Tony ;)

bugman
29-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Gees... Tony you're making it hard now.

If I get one in the boat and bring it back to camp and tell everyone I got it on the rod - does that count ;D

Fred - the person you speak of IS NOT COMING !!!!!!

BUT I AM !!!!!!!

Just 30 more days to my pre fish session ;D

agnes_jack
29-10-2004, 09:44 AM
:-XBrett
Crays ARE regarded as legal tender for bribing judges :-X ::)

Tony

Lucky_Phill
29-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Did I just hear Brett say that ' Cray's ' are on the menu, for the Friday night M & G at his place ?

mmmmm Cray's, Crownies and Cards !

There's a plan in there somewhere ?

Phill

mini696
29-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Where can I have SCUBA tanks refilled??

Needmorerum
29-10-2004, 03:01 PM
I've just been told about another house that is for rent at Agnes, it has a huge shed and heaps of room for boats and blokes, not sure on the rate, for any more details, contact Pat at Pat's Tackle World, Gladstone, 4972 3692.

Corry

Streaker
30-10-2004, 03:58 AM
The house of pleasure that we have booked from the 12th till the 19th requires 2 more tenants any one interested the cost are $117 each for the week and a refund of $33 when the bond is returned for your'e private and confidental interview for these 2 remaining positions please contact me. The occupants so far are myself + 1, Touchy and the Big D.
Wayne

agnes_jack
30-10-2004, 04:04 AM
Mini
I can have your tanks filled from my shop.
Regards, Tony

Zeeke
30-10-2004, 08:28 AM
G'day Wayne, id jump at taking one of those spots in ur "house" of pleasure, but dont know whats happening on my end yet

Tim

Razza
30-10-2004, 08:46 AM
streaker,
Those 2 places are now filled Razza and a friend if the spots are still available. When do you require the money????
Razza

roz
30-10-2004, 11:40 AM
I got back from there last night! 99% chance of being there in Feb'05, looking forward to meeting other ausfish members.

roz
31-10-2004, 11:41 AM
I would also like to point out 1770 has a rather good double boat ramp which puts a lot of larger places to shame, there are no fish cleaning facilities/tables anywhere. A lot of people clean their fish at one of the sand bars away from swimers etc.
There is no bar to speak of although the entrance at low tide with a NE blowing can be a fraction choppy, I have an average sized runabout and have never had a problem there.
Hope this info is useful. Will attach a couple of pics shortly.

roz
31-10-2004, 12:48 PM
View of the entrance of Pancake Creek, taken from inside the creek. About 40 minutes steaming from 1770.

roz
31-10-2004, 12:51 PM
This is inside pancake. Southern side. Be warned there is a lot of coral in here.

roz
31-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Looking north to Bustard Head. These are the sort of conditions needed.

roz
31-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Entrance to 1770. You could water ski across that

Sportfish_5
31-10-2004, 01:12 PM
:P Damn that looks good.

mackmauler
31-10-2004, 01:24 PM
The famous flame grilled steaks cooked somewhere in amongst those trees ;D

jaybee
31-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Mackmauler
The famous flame grilled steaks cooked somewhere in amongst those trees does that mean you couldn't catch fish up there rob ??? ROFL
cheers
Joe

NeilD
31-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Tony
What is the situation if we leave boats in the water. I am looking at the options of staying at the campground on the creek or looking at a house. Is ther much theft or vandalism?

Cheers Neil

roz
31-10-2004, 05:55 PM
I have never had a problem leaving my vehicle unlocked at the boat ramp, the place is still fairly crime free thats not to say it can't happen. Have also left my tinnie pulled up on the sand over night and everything was still there. As far as mooring a larger boat... Tony might know, but I've seen yachties coming in there and anchoring up, they don't seem to have any problems.
I spend most of my holiday time there fishing and almost consider myself a local.
Roz

agnes_jack
01-11-2004, 04:37 AM
Neil
I would never say to anyone that theft will not occur. There is always the chance of a ratbag element, no matter if you are in the middle of nowhere or in the heart of the city. We don't have a great problem here, but we don't control who comes here on holidays.
I would have no problem at all with leaving a boat moored in front of the caravan park but I would not leave removables such as fishing gear or such in the boat. My motor would also be chained to the boat.
There would be nothing worse than ruining what should be an absolutely awsomely good time for all who make the effort to be here!! ;)

Roz
They are some great photo's there! Gives people an idea of what a beautiful place we have here. Hope you can make it back at that time!
One point I should mention is that ifyou are going to clean fish on the sandbar before returning to the boat ramp, they must be fillets of 40cm or longer with skin and scales attached, or whole with guts and gills removed. (coral reef fin fish)

The amount of interest shown for this M&G floors me!!!!!!
I hope the weather will do the right thing, and that all who attend have a memorable experience.
In regard to the weather, I must emphasize the importance (were ever possible) for groups to organize to bring along small tinnies. In the event of bad weather this will mean the diff between fishing or not fishing. And prawns or no prawns ;D

I look forward to meeting you all!!!!!!!!

# # # # # # # #Tony :D

roz
01-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanx Tony,
I had one more pic. of boatramp moir and a cobia but didn't want to over do it. I will definately be there in Feb, if you can't supply some good weather ur in deep trouble. You and Sandy had better stock up your freezers with bait by the sound of things. I used up most of my good slimies fishing with Herby. the frozen yellowtail I bought from your son didn't last an hour up at Bustard last week , they were good sized ones too.
Roz

Needmorerum
01-11-2004, 06:27 PM
With the weather playing havoc over the weekend, I took the time out to go for a drive down to Agnes / 1770 for the day.
I dropped into the Camping grounds at 1770 and got their map and regulations. I have posted them on my website if anyone is interested in looking at it.
We travelled down via Eurimbla National Park, dropping into Middle Creek and Bustard Beach on the way for a look around. I will post a trip report and some photo's with GPS points on these areas later. For those going to the M&G with tinny's, these may not be a bad area to have a go at while in the area. Both have a tinny launching area, and Bustard Beach is only about 30 minutes from Agnes, with Middle Creek being about twice that.

Corry

Hookem_Herby
02-11-2004, 04:36 AM
Hi Guys,
I'm in for Feb. next year. ;D
Will bring BOB (Black on Blue) up too.
Bought my own caravan park (block of land) up at Agnes last week so I'm ok for accomodation! :P LMAO
Also managed to drop in and meet Tony and Sandy .... really nice to meet you both!) :) :) Great shop you run there mate.

Cheers,
Herby

agnes_jack
03-11-2004, 04:41 AM
Hey Corry
Sounds like they have finally set up somewhere to clean fish! :D
Did you get a look at it?

Tony

craigie
03-11-2004, 05:10 AM
Tony,

The fish cleaning table at the 1770 camp ground is very good !!

Has a tap and hose and is large enough to handle a big Spaniard ;)

It also has a hole cut at one end where you can sweep your scraps through to a bucket waiting underneath.

Cheers
Craigie.

polydriver
03-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Guys,
could you put a summary of dates we are going and places that we are staying. There are so many pages now its hard to go throu and find exact dates etc
thanks

searaider
03-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Geday Polydriver ,
The M & G is from 14th to 20 th Feb .
I think Lucky Phil is going from 13th to 19 th ???
I'm making a meal of it & going for 2 weeks from 5th to 20 th Feb .( Can't wait , Weather Gods please give us some good weather )
I think the guys are staying all over the place , from in houses & the caravan park at 1770 to Agnes Waters .
Here is a previous post from Tony ( Agnes_Jack ).
Accomodation!
There are 3 suitable houses, all within spitting distance of each other, close to town centre.

Lazy J's-- Sleeps 8 singles, heaps of room for boats etc $550
La Praia--sleeps 6 singles, plenty of parking $500
Beachcomber-- sleeps 8, plenty of parking $600
Those 3 are all located close together.

Others (within a km or so)
Caddies-- 5 singles plenty parking $500
Little house-- 3 singles plenty parking $500
Heart of agnes--- 7 singles limited parking $600

Bookings can be made thru Beaches of 1770 real estate (07) 49749655
A deposit of $200 deposit per house within 10 days of booking, the real estate suggests that bookings should be made as soon as possible.

Caravan parks.
Captain Cook holiday village- (07) 49749219
Agnes Water caravan park- (07) 49749193
1770 camp ground (on the water)- (07) 49749286

Cabin style accomodation
1770 holiday cabin retreat-(07) 49749270

See you up there [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Peter
Searaider 2

Needmorerum
03-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey Corry
Sounds like they have finally set up somewhere to clean fish! :D
Did you get a look at it?

# # # # # # # # #Tony

Tony, like Craigie said, it is a pretty good set up. For those that come up this way for the Boyne Hook Up, it is the same as what is beside the ramp in the Boyne River.
Will be coming down shortly for a fish, I'll stop in for a chat on the way out. If your in a good mood you might be able to point me in the right direction to drop a line.

Corry

roz
03-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Tony,
How many people do you think will be there??
Roz

Girella
04-11-2004, 03:14 AM
roz
Tough question for Tony.

At the moment there are 27 members who are close to definite. There are quite a few more possibles. I reckon last minute cancellations and possibles will be about the same.

So working on the definites with an average of one non-member each, we're looking at upwards of 50 people. Is this enough to double the population of 1770 ?

The latest definites list :

Agnes Jack
bay_firey
Big-D
Black_Rat
bugman
Bundaberg Bandit
CQ_Fisher
Girella
Hookem_Herby
jeffo
Lucky_Phill
Maria
MICHAELG
mini696
MY-TopEnder
Payneful
polydriver
Razza
reef05
roz
SCOTTYGC
Seafox
Searaider 2
Streaker
Touchy
zedjack33
Zeeke

agnes_jack
04-11-2004, 03:55 AM
Roz
The mind boggles!! ;D ;D ;D
Its looking like a good time!
Regards, Tony :o

zedjack33
04-11-2004, 04:04 AM
Hey Tony

Any decent prawning that time of year close to base?

Cheers

agnes_jack
04-11-2004, 04:37 AM
Yeah Shane!
The prawns are usually on the go by that time! ;D

Regards, Tony ;)

Needmorerum
04-11-2004, 03:02 PM
That's two update lists that have been posted, and twice I've missed out on being on it. I'm starting to feel left out. I've got my leave approved, I packed my swag, and I have refuelled the boat in hope of good weather. All I got to do now is wait for February.
See you all there, I am a definate, I will be there, I won't forget, I will be there on the Saturday and leave the following Sunday, I will positively be at Agnes on the 5th of February... Ooops, the 12th. UhOh, JD, don't leave for Agnes without me, will you, mate, budy, pal, friend.

Corry
Definately going to Agnes for the M&G.

nofrills
04-11-2004, 04:56 PM
tony

What would the spanish mackeral situation be up there in feb ?
cheers scott 8)

MY-TopEnder
04-11-2004, 06:25 PM
I've slipped from a definite to a Maybe.

Unless i can get a new car before then, i don't even think my VS would to the boat much past Redcliffe. Hopefully i should have a ute soon enough.

Girella
05-11-2004, 03:33 AM
Sorry Corry
You will definitely be on the next list.

See you there.
PK

Mick
05-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Wow, I have just read the 16 pages of post. COUNT ME IN! Sounds like every one is pretty exited.
Agnes, you'd get a bit of summer swell this time of year eh? I will pack the surfboards as well.

seafox
05-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Corry are you going to Agnes or not ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Jeff

agnes_jack
05-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Nofrills
The spanish should still be pretty thick at that time, as well as most of the pelagic species.

Looks like everyone is definate except Corry! ???

;D ;D ;D ;D Regards, Tony :-X

propdinger
05-11-2004, 01:05 PM
you think corry would make his mind up :-X :-X :-X :-X

;D ;D ;D ;D

jeff

CQ_Fisher
05-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Yep, it sure is gonna be a top week. Damn shame that Corry cant make it, oh well. Hey Corry, can i borrow the cruise craft and the landcruiser for a week in Feb ;D

Cheers
JD

nofrills
05-11-2004, 05:50 PM
nofrills and crew are definite starters ;D.ill organise a house or something next week.
HOW MANY MORE SLEEPS IS IT ? ;D

Needmorerum
05-11-2004, 06:01 PM
99 sleeps from right now, but who's counting, I'm not sure if I'm even going............ apparently.

JD, I'll give you the Cruise Craft, I'll even give you the Cruiser, but you'll have to take the wife and both the girls with it. It's all one big package deal you know.
At least there'll be two things worth replacing. And neither of them will need to sit down to pee.

See you tomorrow.

Corry

PS. We should head out tomorrow night, even if we stay inshore. Bit of wind and rain never hurt anyone, well, not really anyway.

Girella
06-11-2004, 05:25 AM
Latest List of Definites :

Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
Corry
;)

rohan
06-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Im new and i dont know where to post this. Im 12, I live in Melbourne and i fish with my dad. I go fishing semi-regular.
I hope we can all get along becaus ei can be a bit immature times.

Cheers
Rohan [smiley=happy2.gif]

mackmauler
06-11-2004, 01:37 PM
OH, you should fit right in Rohan [smiley=jester.gif]

ba229
06-11-2004, 02:03 PM
lmao yep. get right along

rohan
06-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Nest weekend im going Snapper fishing at the Altona Safe Harbour or Carp fishing at Cherry Lake. Ill post pics of my rods soon. Or I may go cathc some carp at Cherry Lake, the Maltese fishermen are catching 1+ kilo crap some are about 60 cm long and jump like pelagic fish. I hope I can catch some.

rohan
06-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Lol im an idiot. Ive have just been told they dont jump i exaggerated that # :( forgive me. But they are big. I also mispelt carp #:(

Lucky_Phill
06-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Just some pics for your information.

The boat ramp at 1770.

Lucky_Phill
06-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Looking North West from Round Hillhead, down towards 1770. Note sand bars. Bait gathering. Deep water channel in close to the mainland.

Lucky_Phill
06-11-2004, 05:59 PM
A look at the bar, of course, bars always move. this was on a not so good day. Pic from Round Hill Headland. Looking North.

Lucky_Phill
06-11-2004, 06:02 PM
This is where we done some skiing. Across from the boat ramp, and in Bustad Bay. Water is only 6ft deep in most places. Good Flathead territory on the island.

Note, 1770/ Round Hill headland in the background. You don't have to cross the bar to get to this.

Lucky_Phill
06-11-2004, 06:02 PM
This is the surfbeach, from out the rear of the Captain Cook Caravan Park, Holiday Village, half way between 1770 and Agnes.

Good Dart can be caught from here. A nasty shore dump gets cranking in windy conditions.

dfox
06-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Whats wrong with you phill? the weathers great and your water skiing! Get your priorities right mate...

skippa
06-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Nice beach around Round Hill headland. Some nice Mac's taken not far from here. ;D

skippa
06-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Just some pic's of 1770. This first one is looking towards the bar. It's like any bar, quiet one day, lookout the next. Most days it was pretty good thou. :)

skippa
06-11-2004, 09:40 PM
This one's looking out from the camp grounds, with the boys in the Larc messing about on the sand bar in the distance.

skippa
06-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Nice quiet beach away from the crowds. No need to cross the bar to get to either. Round Hill and 1770 camp grounds in the distance. Could also be the place Thommo and Agnes J (Tone) ate the famous Bream sandwich?

skippa
06-11-2004, 09:59 PM
1770 channel looking back towards the camp area

mini696
07-11-2004, 04:37 AM
Drool...

I am itching to get back that way.

Lucky_Phill
07-11-2004, 06:56 AM
Where ya have ya Boat parked, skippa, is where I get some very nice flatties. And that is the beach where we launch for the skiing.

Well, Dave ! ya have to break the monotany of catching too many fish. Shoot, took us 4 stubbies each ! to clean the fish the day before !

Looks like a ' tinnie-a-thon' at the camp grounds, must have been school holidays.

Phill

agnes_jack
07-11-2004, 07:34 AM
Hey Skippa
Ya comin up for the m&g mate!

Regards, Tony

skippa
07-11-2004, 10:50 AM
G'Day Phill,

Yep, it's a good little spot. Managed a few smaller flatties off the beach there too, while the kids and missus sun baked. We also did ok just to the left of there, around the snags. We actually used that entrance (between the sand banks) instead of the bar when we headed north. Sure was a lot of tinnies up there, yeah school hols, lots of the guys trolled the headland, could of done with some of your Macmaulers Phill ;D

G'Day Tony,

Mate would love another trip but we are going up Misson Beach way in June, stopping in spots on the way back down to Brisvegas. Will try to talk my way into it (get leave pass), but will definately call in on the way back from Misson.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

rohan
07-11-2004, 11:34 AM
I cant post my pictures of my rods and tackle. I need help :(

skippa
07-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Rohan,

Mate check out Main chat, and go to General info & Internet help. There is plenty of help there.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

rohan
07-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks Tony :) I tried posting a picture before, but its just kept loading.

rohan
07-11-2004, 12:26 PM
My first picture. This is my rods and tackle thanks again Tony :D

rohan
07-11-2004, 12:29 PM
My soft plastics. 19 in total, 9 were free.

rohan
07-11-2004, 12:30 PM
My tackle.

rohan
07-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Spare line bought while on holiday in Echuca. Positive feedback would be great. ;D

rohan
07-11-2004, 12:35 PM
My Dads net, but still I use it more often. ::)

rohan
07-11-2004, 12:37 PM
My estuary rod. Jarvis Walker Water Rat 7.5ft $25

rohan
07-11-2004, 12:38 PM
The reel, self explanatory.

rohan
07-11-2004, 12:39 PM
My favourite rod. Jarvis Walker Water Rat 7ft GP (General Purpose) aslo $25 :o

rohan
07-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Its reel. Stronger then the Eustary.

rohan
07-11-2004, 12:42 PM
This is my Dad Ryobi Cobra. Its mine now.

rohan
07-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Proof of brand. 8) Thats all I got. Positive Feedback would be nice.

Black_Rat
07-11-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm 90% sure i'll be there, looks like a big year work wise next year :( but have a heap of sick days up my sleeve ;D ;D
Damo

ba229
07-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Umm rohan... why have you highjacked this thread? ???

Post your photos and questions in your own threads and that way no one will get confused as to what the topic is. ;)

Enjoy #:)

rohan
07-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Its my second day :(

ba229
07-11-2004, 04:34 PM
And above is some sound advice for the future ;D

dazza
08-11-2004, 09:17 AM
whooooo
count me in. just got aproval from the board of control.
leave form goes in on monday when i get to work
cheers
dazza

mini696
08-11-2004, 10:34 AM
The total number of boats must be pushing 30 now!! How great is that.

I dont think Tony will get any time to go fishing with all the business he'll be doing. ;)

dfox
08-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Tony might not get any fishing done ,but he may retire shortly afterwwoods! Should have got those shares ??? ???

mini696
08-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Some more Photos

mini696
08-11-2004, 11:06 AM

Big_Kev
Looks like some good flathead country. :D

mini696

NeilD
08-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Has anyone got any good charts of the area. I have Admiralty ones for offshore but was looking for more detail of the river system.
I have just cleared it with my Boss but won't be 100% definite until a bit later. I am tossing up house/cabin Vs 1770 camp ground. We will be bringing a Quinnie 5.35 centre console. Still trying to work out if we can also carry a 3.85 tinny. The Quinnie must have once been owned by someone on the site as it has a couple of Ausfish decals on the console (boat name phantom). Certainly hope to see every one up there.

Cheers Neil

roz
08-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Get intouch with Tony aka AJack, he gave me a map of middle creek, which I am trying to post at the moment, unfortunately having trouble with my scanner. If I can sort it out you might see it later tonight.
Roz

bay_firey
08-11-2004, 04:18 PM
Seeing those pics has reminded me.
I have some really good aerial photo's that should cover that area.
Now all I gotta do is dig them out and post a few I suppose

nofrills
08-11-2004, 05:01 PM
nice photos mini,gives a good indication of the layout of the place.
HOW MANY MORE SLEEPS IS IT NOW :'(
cheers scott

NQCairns
09-11-2004, 02:24 AM
Here is a start with the maps, the pinkish speckles are clouds.

NQCairns
09-11-2004, 02:30 AM
Closer

seafox
09-11-2004, 04:28 AM
It looks like Corry is taking his whole tribe ;D ;D ;D

agnes_jack
09-11-2004, 05:08 AM
Horse
I have green zone maps, maps of some of the estuary systems, and hydroghraphic charts if anyone needs them at all.

Regards, Tony

Razza
09-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Hey Tony # can you just put a little x on the jack spots for
me #? Mate ;)
Razza

qldrocks
09-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Hi Tony.Hope you have not forgot my email tezfle@yahoo,cause I'll be there at day break sat,the subject I talked to you about is dearly needed.
Cheers

Tez

agnes_jack
10-11-2004, 04:28 AM
Tez
You may have to remind me what you spoke to me about mate! ??? ???
I've got the memory of a sieve! :-[ :-/
Razza
I did that last night mate!
I went to all the good jack spots and put a white cross over the best snags, I just hope it doesn't rain between now and then :-/

Regards, Tony ??? 8)

zedjack33
10-11-2004, 04:39 AM
Probably will rain Tony as I'm going to have a look at those (one) Jack spot on Friday

agnes_jack
10-11-2004, 04:56 AM
Hey Zedjack!
Let me know your movements, if the weather is ok I will meet you there.
I haven't had a jack for a few weeks now :'(
Getting REAL keen!

See you at spot X, regards, Tony ;)

zedjack33
10-11-2004, 07:25 AM
“Keen” is one way of putting it Tony.

We gotta make sure that there is something around for the M&G Next year!
See you on the water at X

qldrocks
10-11-2004, 05:59 PM
agnes_jack
g'day mate,bait GPS,we're thinking of some trolling around the head before going to bustard weather permitting.Has it been raining hard there this week.We've had a week
of heavy storms-a good sign of things to come.See ya after lunch saturday.Cheers
Tez ;D

SCOTTYGC
11-11-2004, 05:30 PM
ive booked the "LAZEY J" for the week and will be arriving there on saturday the 14th i have 3 others with me so maybe a few spare beds
cyas up there

scotty

ps are you coming or not corry????

bugman
12-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Ok I'm a bit bored at work so I'll put these up for those interested in coming for a swim during the 1770 MG.

Tony - do you think we'll see anything like this?

bugman
12-11-2004, 10:01 AM
and more

bugman
12-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Out of interest - who of those coming - are interested in or are wanting to go for a couple of dives while we're there.

At this stage

Bugman
Agnes Jack
MichaelG

dazza
12-11-2004, 12:04 PM
hi brett,
i would be keen for a dive. will be bringing my snorkel gear anyway, so not much more effert to throw in regs and bcd etc
count me in
cant wait
cheers
dazza

Reefmaster
12-11-2004, 06:29 PM
I suspect a few more boats for this m&g ;)

nofrills
12-11-2004, 06:48 PM
booked the beachcomber today #;D.dazza and i will be bringing up his 680 and his tinny so we should be sweet for all conditions.
touchy,northside phill is coming up with us as well #:P
# # # # # # # #
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #cheers scott
ps.ill be boat boy and shark looker outerer while the crazy people get in the water :o

agnes_jack
13-11-2004, 04:45 AM
Those crays are the wrong color Brett!
They are the pre-chilled variety.
We only get the nice warm ones up here!!!!!!
Regards, Tony ;) 8)

mini696
17-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Bumping...

and...

I will be bringing the snorkel and fins. I don't own SCUBA gear anymore :'( so I wont be diving. Unless I can buy some cheap before then.

If I can find a new speargun I'll bring that too.

Mickk

bay_firey
17-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Well, the best laid plans
Due an unexpected and surprising development at work which will mean a relocation for me, I have gone from being a definate starter to now being a maybe.

I willbe trying like mad to ensure that I still make it, but only time will tell now.

May have to attend the next NQ m&g

craigie
17-11-2004, 03:12 PM
Brett,

I'll be the deckie on the Crayfish missions.
You'll need me to stack the fresh Crays on ice so you'all can stay in the water with your Jabbas.

Craig.

Touchy - R.I.P.
18-11-2004, 04:05 AM
Craigie,Now let me get this straight,you want Bugman to hand over the crays to you (with a cooking pot onboard) then stay under water :P HAH!,I DONT THINK SO,Think I better come n keep an eye on you mate ::) ::) ::) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D.Touchy.><>.

Touchy - R.I.P.
18-11-2004, 04:10 AM
Nofrills,You say northside Phill is coming :o :o SHITE there goes the neighbourhood :P ::) ;D ;D.Touchy.><>.

nofrills
19-11-2004, 06:36 PM
yea i know touchy,and a fisherman of phill's stature theres not many destinations that meet his strict demands.

no.1 Is there a pub ?
no.2 Does the pub have rum ?
no 3 how much rum does the pub have ?
no 4 how many other people will be drinking the rum that
the pub has ?
no 5 are there showers?
no 6 do i have to shower?

should just let everyone who's going know if you find a scruffy unwashed person who stinks of rum sleeping in your boat/car/garden ect its only phill.just dont feed him or he'll hang around like a lost dog.

agnes_jack
20-11-2004, 04:01 AM
He sounds like a good bloke!! 8)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Tony

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-11-2004, 05:01 AM
Tony, Dont be too quick to jugde Phill, no_frills has only mentioned his good points. :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. BTW,Tony,I have picked up 300m of 50lb braid as per your suggestion.Cheers.><> ><> ><>.

SeaHunt
25-11-2004, 07:36 AM
Bump , Kick , nudge. ::)

Anyone know how many are going. ?
Tony are you keeping an official list of whos going or guys with houses booked that have spare bunks ?
I might come up for a few days, now that Tony has made the offer of a free XXXX. ;D

bugman
25-11-2004, 08:02 AM
I think there's a lot of people coming.

But I'm not sure whether Corry is one of them ;)

agnes_jack
25-11-2004, 08:23 AM
At this stage I have no idea!
Heaps from the sound of it!
Perhaps we should run a poll to find out?
More the merrier!

Regards, Tony

agnes_jack
04-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Does everyone have thier accomodation worked out yet?
Another option is- Soveriegn lodge at 1770
Call Mick or Becky on- 49749257

Regards, Tony

Needmorerum
04-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Only hassle I have is how to get two boats down there.

Tony, is there anywhere that I can leave my tinny if I bring it down the weekend before and then pick it up the weekend after? I want to have both boats there, and the missus thinks it would be a good idea that we go down before hand and have a weekend to ourselves, and then we can come down again afterwards and have another weekend. It's only an hour from home so the travel side is OK. I just need somewhere to leave it in the meantime.

Corry

Oh yeah, this means that I am coming.

CQ_Fisher
04-12-2004, 04:23 PM
mate if your looking for a dirty weekend in Agnes, just say so. No need to going making up stories about boats and stuff. Seriously though, i'll tow the tinnie if ya want, that way there's no mucking around with unhitching & hitching between boats. But if its a good excuse to get the MRS away, then go for it....

agnes_jack
05-12-2004, 04:09 AM
Corry
If you are sure you are coming, ??? ???
You can leave your tinnie at my place no probs!
We've got 5acres about 2 mins from town centre, so there is plenty of room and its easy to get to when you want it.
Just give me a yell! (thats if you are coming)

Regards, Tony ;D