PDA

View Full Version : 1770 M & G. update & Info.

Lucky_Phill
08-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey fellow, 1770 Meet and Greeters. #OK, the time is gettin very near to this trip, so here's a heads up for what's doing.

Firstly, there will be a mini M & G on Saturday Night. #This will be held at:- # # # "" # * # 7pm #* # "

Kahuna's Pizza Bar & Grill
Captain Cook Drive
Agnes Water

At the meet, we'll introduce ourselves etc. #Tony ( agnes_jack ) will be on hand to hand out info sheets containing, such things as, #Tide Times, Weather Reports and where to get them, Fishing areas ( don't even think he'll give up a Coral Trout Spot, don't even ask # # ::) #), along with any other info we'll need.

Agnes has most essentials in here now--chemist, 2 supermarkets ,PUB, newsagents, video shop, PUB, Bait n Tackle Shop, etc etc . Fuel is reasonable price if you get it from the servo.
There are quite a few options for food, takeaways etc.
All in all we are nearly civilised!!!!!
There is only one boat ramp, and it is reasonable ! #
SAND FLYS are thick at the caravan park, in fact anywhere near the water.

Tony's shop is at Agnes,
Shop 14
Endeavour Plaza
Agnes Water #( note:- #NO 's' on the end of Agnes Water ) # >:(

At this meet you should also be able to swap CDMA phone numbers and put them on the " Fact Sheet " that all M & G'ers should have recieved by email this week. #If you have not recieved an email from me, PM, me imediately.

Agnes, 1770 #and Round Hill are small communities and as such, see all and know all, so this exercise should go almost un-noticed. #In other words, let's try NOT to make too much impact on the community and surrounds. #Further, the water supply in these areas is not good, so be frugile with showers and boat washing etc.

The Police and Fisheries DO patrol this area, regulary !

So, hope you are all packed and ready ( as I am ). #Have put in a quick word with the Weather GOD, for at least 5 good days. #::)

Cheers #Phill

mackmauler
08-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Im in trouble the freezer needs cleaning out :( loads of eating quality tuna that I use for bait like about 20kg of it maybe someone wants it, for a carton of beer its all yours, im sure the reds up there will like it. must be gone by tomorrow! pm me asap if interested.

sorry to hijack ya thread Phill, might help someone out. ;D

bugman
08-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Nice to see you've done all the work for me Phil.

I've got the maps of the Bunker Group, Bustard head and a couple of other areas in colour which I've made onto A4. the plan to was to put the pack together and distribute up there. I haven't got to Tony for other details yet :-[.

I'll give you a bell

Brett

thedeckie
08-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Brett,
You have got to give it to Phil,he s**ts me with his organisation,always bloody organised.

Paul

Lucky_Phill
08-02-2005, 03:14 PM
As usual, I forgot to mention a few things, well a couple anyway !

The Mini M & G at Kahuna's is NOT for dinner, BUT, they'll put on some finger food ( Pizza strips etc ) for us at a cost. About $6/ head will cover it.

So, if you haven't eaten, you get fed, and if you have, a piece of pizza with a beer sounds the goods !

Secondly, to the folks that are coming up after Saturday night, you can contact me or Tony ( at his shop ) to get the run down.

Cheers Phill

Bad_Bubby
08-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Sounds good ;D, although Saturday 12th is my second last day! Headed out to the Barron River tonight hoping to get a fish before the M&G. Met with ausfish member 'Fishing_Dan' and headed down to the Barron only to see the water red and lifeless. We cast lures relentlessly for a few hours but it was not to be :(. Whoa! I better get packed my train leaves soon :o;)

Touchy - R.I.P.
09-02-2005, 01:58 AM
ALL SYSTEMS GO GO GO. Well done Phil, Looking forward to catching up up there,Phil do you have the banner??, I hope to have my stiches out Weds(just to make it a bit easer on my nurse Big_D :o :o :o :o :o). Cheers Touchy><>.

nonibbles
09-02-2005, 04:44 AM
Geez you guys ARE organised! When all is done please put a post up for tips on organising a large & successful M&G i.e. lessons learnt, advice, co-ersion (oops!) cooperation enhancement ideas etc Maybe create an ausfish M&G checklist. Just a thought ;)
Paul

BladeRunner
09-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Phill
Can you PM me the Fact Sheet or CDMA phone list of members going. Please
I shall PM you mine to add to it if you wish .
BladeRunner

Reefmaster
09-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Righto bring on 1770
will be staying with dazza and nofrills at what ever location it is ;D
looking forward to meeting all and having a yarn. Bring on the weather.

If your planning on fishing the wide reefs and haven't checked the green zones then you may want to have a look :o
Takes up alot of area out there >:(

If anyone would like my Mobile number for contacting then please PM me
Cheers Greg

Sportfish_5
09-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Have a good week guys. I will be wishin I was there when I am in beautiful Mt Isa next week :'(

Cheers

Greg

agnes_jack
10-02-2005, 05:38 AM
Guys
I have sets of green zone maps for anyone who needs them, and some starter marks for anyone who has none. We also have tide charts and radio info etc.
If anyone needs to know anything, give me a yell.

Regards, Tony

Scott15
10-02-2005, 06:31 AM
Greg,
im with you. wish i was goin but i got school :'( :'(. you cant beat sitting in a nice hot classroom doin maths. :D :-/

Scott

zedjack33
10-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Shocking weather at Agnes! [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

Big-D
10-02-2005, 10:44 AM
[smiley=freak.gif]Purple weather O NO. ;D ;D

SCOTTYGC
10-02-2005, 11:42 AM
hows the forcast for the week ahead tony??

if you could save me a copy of the green zones and anything else for the beginner would be great
thanks
scotty 8)

agnes_jack
10-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Scotty
The weather has just blown up a bit, Hopefully it will get it over with by the weekend.

Regards, Tony :-/ :-/ :-/

macdwp01
10-02-2005, 12:51 PM
right now the weather doesnt look good for the weekend at least. Blowing up to 25 knots. Right now its blowing 22 knots out the front.

craigie
10-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Tony,

Better to blow now than next week 8). I'd be happy with 2 or 3 good days over the duration of the M&G, anything but a total blowout :-X :-X

Can't wait 8)

Craigie.

agnes_jack
11-02-2005, 04:23 AM
Cragie
Worst comes to worst, the prawns are running, jacks are on the chew, muddies are about, and the beers cold!!!

Regards, Tony ;D ;D ;D ;D

BladeRunner
11-02-2005, 04:40 AM
Tony
Well that will just have to do .
Blowin here at Tannum Sands But what about all the reports from 12 mile & cabbage Patch Plus your catches Tony around Agnes all last week.
I think the Ausfish Boys won't be disappointed .
Regards
BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

craigie
11-02-2005, 05:21 AM
Tony,

Sh!t !!! Either plan "A" going out to Fitroy and beyond or plan "B" doing the local thing in the creek or around the M&G bar , both are winning game plans.

Hmmm, Prawns eh ! So I should throw in the Cast Net 8), and the Crab Pots........... and a big esky of cold beer ;D ;D ;D

Cheers !!

Craig.

dazza
11-02-2005, 10:33 AM
hi all,
looks like plan b will be the go. just got onto bouy weather. sunday and monday looks like a bit of a window, then 20+ knots. probably spend a bit of time up the creek, and if worst comes to worst will sit around and drink grog ;D ;D ;D ;D
bring it on
dazza

macdwp01
11-02-2005, 01:33 PM
20 knots all weekend by the looks of things :(

mackmauler
11-02-2005, 01:44 PM
thats workable for the big mack areas, was a lot more than that last trip ay tony ;D

go get em fellas

macdwp01
11-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Sunday: SE winds 15/20 knots, increasing to 20/30 knots in the evening. (source:- BOM Website)

bay_firey
11-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Looks like we have had a failure
reef_05, Dan is still in Innisfail working and won't be attending :-[
If anybody wants to share costs, half a camp site, I have room,
and need the help putting the tent up ;D

NeilD
12-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Has anyone got a Bouy weather long range forecast for the rest of next week. We may put off heading up until Monday if the 20-30 forecast stays in place.

Neil

bugman
12-02-2005, 04:31 AM
I'd be interested in the long range as well because Monday is looking ABSOLUTELY CRAP
http://buoy.ocens.net/wxnav.jsp?region=AE&program=nww3BW1&grb=nww3&latitude=-24.0&longitude=153.75&zone=10&units=e

let's hope it settles down as the week goes on.

Bugman

Reefmaster
12-02-2005, 05:59 AM
well i would hate to sound negative but it looks like a blow out >:( :( :'(
i hope im wrong but by looking at the weather maps it sure looks like those strong SE will be around all week. 20-30 knots is just not fare :'(

We will not be heading up sat as planned but wait until we can see a window in the wind before making a decision. Not having a tinnie to fish the creeks is some what pointless to make the trip with the forecast. Its also a bugger to drag the big boat up there and not use it. But sitting around drinking and having a yarn with fellow ausfishes does sound good.

Cheers Greg

dazza
12-02-2005, 06:15 AM
hi greg,
bugger the weather, just put my contigency plan into motion. looks like a trip to DI for a week after the 1770 meet & greet if the weather gods smile.
cheers
dazza

SCOTTYGC
12-02-2005, 06:20 AM
ill just have to pack a couple of extra beers #;D 8)
For those that received a email from phil with names and numbers i have got myself a cdma phone and the number is

mini696
12-02-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm still going... Leaving tomorrow morning...

I'll put the V-sheet out if I break down!! ;) ;D

SCOTTYGC
12-02-2005, 08:32 AM
what time you leaving MINi?

mini696
12-02-2005, 09:20 AM
I will hopefully be on the road before 8am (be up there around 1pm). #But if I pack tonight, I might get itchy feet and leave even earlier. But I doubt I'll get away before 8am. #I'm now going by myself (my deckie has to work), so I can make a move when ever I want to.

I put my car in to get new rear shocks and panard rod bushes today, so I'll pick it up and pack it this afternoon.

I think I may be a little too paranoid regarding my car. It hasn't let me down in a bad spot since its been into the machanic, (it has been playing up a bit in the last 12 months though). #But you know what its like when you get a series of problems, you loose faith in the car, until it prooves itself to be reliable again.

How about yourself Scotty, when will you be travelling up? #What's your rig look like?

Mick

PS #Is it quicker to go into 1770 through Bundy or Miriamvale (sic)?

Maria
12-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Personally I reckon quicker through Miriam Vale.

Ben

SCOTTYGC
12-02-2005, 09:58 AM
as one of my deckies has to work and will make his own way up , im gunna try and leave early and beat the traffic ( im on the gold coast)
Wouldnt mind being on the rd around 4am
im in a silver navara 4x4 02 model dual cab and a small 3.8m tinny
i have the ausfish stickers on the front of the boat and one on the back window of the car
ill be stopping at the matilda just before gympie for a coffee and a feed
Not sure the best way to 1770 but as ive never been up that way before thought i would go thru bundy just to have a look and see if i can sniff out the rum
see ya up there or on the rd
scotty

agnes_jack
12-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Guys
You are best to go via Bundy, Turn off at apple tree creek-just past childers, go straight thru bundy and take the turn to gin gin, about 3ks out of bundy turn to 1770.
Saves at least 30mins.
Drive carefully all.
Regards, Tony

NeilD
12-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Must be something about our recent M&G's and the Weather Gods :'( :'(. From the look of the forecast we will head up Monday rather than the weekend. Still plenty of time for a few cleansing ales and a bit of a fish though :D. Just hope for a break.

Neil

dfox
12-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Bugger the weather! im going, should be interesting chacing muddies, prawns and jacks in a 7meter cat, lol...foxy

Lucky_Phill
12-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Yep, wind is up a Tad, but the creeks are the go for a couple days. Saturday arvo look sthe goods for a quickie.

Definately go thru Bundy.

Golden Nugget 7am Breakfast. that is the Caltex Truck stop just south of Gympie ( NOT Matilda, too many tourists go there )

UHF40

what else can I say.

Cya's next week.

Phill :P :P :P 8) 8) 8) 8)

nofrills
12-02-2005, 06:04 PM
dazza and i will be leaving caboolture around 0400,thats in 6 hours ;D we will be in a very slow 80 series cruiser with a big arse 680 ''BARTENDER''on the back..
my mob is 0427 957170.

see yas up there. ;)

SCOTTYGC
12-02-2005, 06:13 PM
sounds like about the time i will be getting there phil ill see if i can find it and call in

I beter hit the sack gota be up soon

cyas up there or on the rd

scotty

macdwp01
13-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Weather looks like crap, check this out:-

Saturday until midnight: S/SE winds 20/30 knots increasing to 25/33 knots late tonight. Seas 2.5 to 3.5 metres in open waters. Scattered showers.
Sunday: S/SE winds 25/33 knots, reaching 30/40 knots in offshore waters during the day. Seas 2.5 to 3.0 metres inshore, rising to 4 metres in open waters on and rising SE swell. Scattered showers.
Monday: SE winds 25/33 knots, reaching 30/40 knots in offshore waters.
Tuesday: SE winds 25/33 knots.

Today though it looks like the BOM got it wrong, out near rundle it was only blowing 13 knots and gusting to 15. Not perfect by anymean but fishable for those that wanted to get out for a bit of a bash. Wouldnt go out know, the wind is slowly picking up. So it looks like the BOM got it slightly wrong for today.

NeilD
15-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Ratman and myself made the difficult decision not to go due to the weather and some pressing work commitments. Has anyone heard how the Ausfishers are going? The Muddies and Jacks must be shaking in their boots being the main target for a lot of itchy fishos.

Neil

Reefmaster
16-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Well with the winds due to only drop back to 15-20 knots for one day and then blow its head off again we have have pulled the pin on the trip. >:( :(. what a bugger.
Im sure the lads are having a ball up there anyway. :)

Cheers Greg

macdwp01
16-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah, its a bit of a shame about the weather >:(, a week

snappa
16-02-2005, 04:32 PM
reefy

no go..

its a bugga of a place when the winds up.
have spent many days waiting to get out...
and between blows the conditions are not that great ..
waiting for an invite to fish with ya.... ::)

Black_Rat
17-02-2005, 03:02 AM
With the winds blowing so hard we can't see the sense in towing up two boats for 6 hours to fish the creeks :( so we've pulled the pin as well :'(. So it will have to be another time to chase some Coral trout and Reds :) Thats Life ! ;)
Hope the guys are having a ball up there and i'll get to 1770 one day :) enjoy !
Damo.

Needmorerum
18-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Having a ball, of course we are. We've definately kept the Pub in order, not sure how the livers will go though.
Been at someone's house every night. It's finally great to put faces to names, and Oh, don't they look different.
I'm hoping to get osme more photo's tomorrow night, so I'll throw some up if I get some.

Corry