PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane river limitations ?

Dodgy_Back
15-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Fished the brizzy river on friday ,caught a stack of bream on sp,but started to worry about the new out of bounds areas ie wharfs, jetties etc. But can you fish along the oil pipeline ?
Mick

devocean
15-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Can you eat fish out of the Brizzy river

wacco_fozzy
15-02-2005, 10:53 AM
What out of bounds areas??

Is there a website detailing the particular restrictions?

Cheers,

Dave

webby
15-02-2005, 03:12 PM
HI There is a map on the Port of Brisbane website.
Since the introduction of the Terroritst act last year, most of the wharfs from Hamilton to the Mouth, are now out of bounds or have a 30m exclusion zone near them.
There are still plenty of areas fishable, bogey creek and the wall are to name a couple.
Oh yeah there is a patrol boat the patrols this section of the river also, keeping check your not where your not supposed to be.
They have Blue signs now placed along this stretch of the river giving you warnings.
regards

Fitzy
15-02-2005, 05:35 PM
POB exclusion zones
http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/images/POBnogozone.jpg

http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/images/POBnogozone.jpg

SeaHunt
16-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Can you eat fish out of the Brizzy river

Sure why not. I don't think anyone has died from it yet.

adrian
16-02-2005, 04:27 PM
dead men tell no tales . but then who knows the river mouth might support life as we know it ;D ;D ;D
anzac

rando
17-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Correct me if Im wrong ,but that map looks like jackson creek is a prohibited area???

rando
17-02-2005, 10:14 AM
OK now ive had another look , thats a motorway!!!

devocean
18-02-2005, 09:58 AM
I caught a bream somewhere in the Brisbane River. I was landbased fishing at night. When I got it on the rocks i went back to get a torch when I came back 3 of the biggest rats had my fish. They pretty muched hissed at me I cut the line and was out of there. From then on I drove two hours to Brunswick heads whenever I needed a fishing fix.

MY-TopEnder
18-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Althought it might have seemed like i'd died because of a lack of posting... i have eaten fish out of the brisbane river and haven't been sick from them.

Webby is right about the port security boat, they drive up and down the river patroling it all the time but its bloody slow. I reckon with a decent boat you could make it from the mouth of the river back to colmslie and have it on the trailer before they caught up... not that i promote fishing exclusion zones.

As Archie Harding who runs Archies Boat License training says... they don't have guns, so stuff em and just run. hehe