PDA

View Full Version : Macks out Noosa

Fishinmishin
19-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Just got back from Noosa on a work trip :P. During breaks I sat at Noosa Main beach when on Thursday I noticed sooooooo many boils and birds working a couple KMs off the beach :o. Saw a couple of boats showing interest but unable to see what was the outcome. That was my first time to Noosa and that was painfull to watch withoput the boat at hand :'( [smiley=furious.gif]. Decided I'm heading up this Monday and Tuesday of a run around the area. I'll experiment with the banks, hards, chardons reef and some coffee rocks but as new to the area ??? I'd more than appriciate any local advice on what's been where latley and any spots to pick up live slimeys or yakka.
Thanking you in advance :).
Jay
PS- Bloody great place Noosa. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Sportfish_5
19-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Any white pointers :P :P :P :P :P

DaneCross
19-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Spent a long weekend in Noosa myself last weekend Jay, great place. Had the boat in the water Friday - Tuesday... blew 20-30kn each of the days. Pulled the boat out on Tuesday, Wednesday was a beautiful 10-15kn >:( >:( Which was a shame because reports of mackerel have been flooding in, and so close to home! The bay seems to pull some macks thats for sure. I'm keen to get up there again when the weather allows us to get into them. I have some gps marks for a few of the known reefs up there, I just found them on various websites and don't know if they're any good. If you can't find them or need a couple give me a yell - its not like they're secret spots.
Otherwise, good luck Monday/Tuesday, look forward to the report.
Dane

Fishinmishin
19-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks Dane,
Shame about the weather on your trip :-/. I got a couple marks to try myself but if you know of any firing lately or where to jig bait it would be great.
Cheers, Jay