PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from family album

bungie
19-02-2005, 02:13 AM
The two pics below are real, and from my familys cameras. Not stolen from the web :)

The first was taken by my sister two days back at her home outside Kin Kin ( North of the Sunshine Coast) and sent to me with the following text.

Thought you might be interested in a photo of our
very last chicken.

About 18 have 'gone' in the previous few weeks..

We felt very safe in knowing that it was locked up in the cat's travelling box every night?????

bungie
19-02-2005, 02:18 AM
And this one I took a year or so back.

Had the rods sitting against the wall over night ready to go early in the morning, heard a hell of a crash and the rods were all over the floor, looked around and found the cat with a bait jig through its lip :(

Big_unit
19-02-2005, 03:18 AM
The old carpetty with a gutful of bird is a fairly common sight. I could almost guarantee that the same snake got all 19 chooks. I dont really know though. Carpets snakes are very habitual and territorial, if they are not "removed" they just keep inviting themselves back for a feed. We lost a litter of 4 purebred Border collie pups to a very large carpetty ($300 a pup.) The old bitch didnt make a sound, we never heard a thing. The cat with the bait jig is a new one though.

Cheers
James.

ssbayguide
19-02-2005, 04:09 AM
Poor Kitty

I'm a cat lover and would not fancy getting that jig out.

bungie
19-02-2005, 04:15 AM
I cut the end off the hook and then rolled it back out like taking out an ear ring.
Not sure if it was clear, but the snake got into the cage itself, eat the bird, and stayed to let the chook digest. :(

ssbayguide
19-02-2005, 08:08 AM
That's a clever snake!

Fishin_Dan
19-02-2005, 11:49 AM
It probably couldn't get back out with the big bulge in its stomach! ::)

caveman
19-02-2005, 04:34 PM
thats right fishin-dan as a few years back i had a lot of breed parrots in avaries and they just starded to disapear, then one morning one of my favourites parrots(malley ringneck, very hard to get to breed in captivety) was kicking up a stink and upon inspection found a 6ft+ carpet snake curled up in the nesting log with 5 bumps in its gut, the mother and 4 young :'( :'( , i won't say what i did next, and then the male up and fretts to death a week later

eggbeater
19-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Pussy cat all rigged up, jees ya have to be tempted! :P

FearlessFly66
19-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Did you have a troll with the cat ?? How did it go ;)