PDA

View Full Version : Message in a bottle

Nathanrb4
20-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Has anyone else found a bottle witha message in it?
when i was up at dads afew weeks back i was wondering alond the beach and found one. it was from an aussie chick who was on a cruise ship anchored off the south end of Noumea. It was thrown over on the 23rd of march 2004. She gave her email address and was really suprised when i emailed her telling her i`d found her bottle. The guys up there have found afew over the years. the funniest of which i think was one which contained the Voting forms for a fedral election which belonged to two guys which where stationed on the Willis Island Weather station. anyway just wondering if anyones got any other stories?
nathan

agnes_jack
20-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Classic!
Years ago I found a plastic tube with a note in it. Apparently it was some sort of university study on currents along the coast. They chuck these things in and see where they wash up. If I remember correctly (it was a while ago) I think I got a $5.00 reward for ringing in the details.

Regards, Tony

ba229
20-02-2005, 10:35 AM
reminds me of the great rubber duck adventure

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3060579.stm

and

http://www.msnbc.com/news/940859.asp?cp1=1

Big_Kev
20-02-2005, 01:18 PM
My sister and I found one on the beach on Straddie 30years ago.
The paper was water damaged and only just legible in some parts.
It was three years old at the time and we took it to school for show and tell.
It was from a boat in Western Australia, we wrote back to the address but the letter was returned not delivered.
Cheers Kev.

Bros
20-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Ie dropped one off near Port Clinton and it was found by the National Parks. They sent me a letter telling me where they found it and a warning I was polluting the water and if I did it again wIwould be fined.
It was the only time I had ever done it so if you intend doing it just leave an email address so if someone picks it up they can't trace you.

Dug
20-02-2005, 07:32 PM
MMM "Message in a bottle" that would make a good song title.

Maybe we could get Sting to sing it! ::)

devocean
21-02-2005, 06:47 AM
Isnt that littering?

basserman
21-02-2005, 10:40 AM
yeh my sister found one just like that one in the pic about 8 years ago :D

we thought we had found that magical treasure map ;D

Needmorerum
21-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey basserman, love your avitar on your website, takes your eyes off everything else.

Corry

basserman
21-02-2005, 04:28 PM
yeh i'm just wating back on her for my next fishing trip ;)