PDA

View Full Version : My New Lucky Shirt

zaneg
22-02-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm not the one for having lucky charms nor do I believe in superstitions but today I received my new Ausfish Pack and my outlook into these beliefs have changed dramaticly.

Trying on the shirt at home wasn't good enough, so I rang up a mate to go for a quick fish, to put the shirt through some real world trials.

This is the result of those trials:
http://www.elitetorrents.org/bitbucket/75dc613ffe36bd1494eda18943304c4e.jpg

I have only ever caught one legal barra and that was at 77cm. This baby came in at 106cm, I will have to wait till tomorrow before I can get an offical weight (gutted and gilled), but I know she was bloody heavy.

Thanks Ausfish, all I need to do now is convince the Wife that washing it may bring me bad luck and that we'd get used to the smell after a while.

Cheers

Zane

By the way:
Location - Mouth of Ross River, Townsville FNQ - 21/02/05
Line - 20lb Max Ace Mono,
Leader - 60lb can't remember brand.
Real - Shimano Egg Beater of some sort
Bait - Dirty old dead herring ;D on a 4/0 Wide gape hook.
Other - Mate caught a 86cm at the some spot about this time last week.

imported_admin
23-02-2005, 04:17 AM
Zane

Congrats on a great catch. Glad I could play a small part in it by providing the luck.

Let us know how you go on the non washing side of things ;D

eggbeater
23-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Geez Zane thats a top effort. Mate i'm going to christen mine on the weekend, I hope I am as fortunate as you.

Mick
24-02-2005, 02:53 AM
Beaaaaauuuutiful fish Zane, congrats mate. Bet you were stoked to hold that baby in your arms.

zaneg
24-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Stoked....still can't get the grin off my face. Wife complained that I held our first born with less care :P.

Official weigh-in at 7to7 was 11.3kg gutted and gilled. Currently shared amongst 3 families.

Thanks

Zane