PDA

View Full Version : M&G accom. What ya think?

zedjack33
18-02-2005, 07:12 AM
I hope all you M&Ger’s at 1770 had a great time. No doubt you all did! ;)

My annual family fish off this year is being held at……………………………you guessed it, 1770 ;D. 4 adults and 5 kids :D

For they guys that rented accommodation for the week, I would like to know what you thought of the set up you had [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] or [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Number it slept, cost, location, etc.

Long way off I know, but while its fresh in youre minds 8)

Cheers Zedjack33
[smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

Needmorerum
18-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Zedjack33, I've just popped home for the night, just to "see" the wife, and we're staying in the Lazy 'J' on Graham Colyer Drive, it has 3 bedrooms, one has a double bed in it, the other two have a double bed and double bunks. If I was to go back and stay in a house, I would probably be looking for the Beachcomber, I think that's what is was called. Dazza and No Frills are staying in it.
What I would check though, is whatever house you get, see if the shed that is in the yard is available. Both ours and Dazza's have locked sheds. The owners must keep their gear in them when they are rented out.
The only other one I got to see was where Bugman is staying, top house, not to keen on the driveway. Not really good for boat parking, but Bugman can let you know how he found it.
I went over to Lucky Phills place, but never went inside. Great ocean views.
Most Real Estates can give you photo's of the place before booking. There is heaps of them available, pending on time of year.

Hope this helps
Corry

zedjack33
18-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Cheers cory.

I'm aware that the realestate can give a few pics, but I prefer an answer from you guys. Thanks alot .

Cheers Zedjack33

zedjack33
21-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Just wanna brin this back to the top for the M&Gers.

Feedback would be great Cheers

Zedjack33

Lucky_Phill
21-02-2005, 05:18 PM
we had ocean views, and a clean fully equiped house.

only 1 x doublebed and 4 by singles.

but for $450, was the bargain of the trip.

probablr have to stay in Agnes to get a house that will accomadate 9 Ferets.

Phill

bugman
22-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Ditto Zed,

Ours was a great house but not ideal for your troop. We had awsome views but was only small with two bedrooms and a small kicthen dining living combined. The free loaders who came over regularly didn't seem to mind.

All I can recommend is to spend the couple of extra dollars and go for the view. If the weather isn't friendly you can sit back on the verandah and watch the white water while enjoying the beer.

Our was $540 for a week and $70 for an extra day.

Bugman

THE_DECKIE
22-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Yep,thats right Brett,the free loaders didn't mind at all,who would knock back coral trout and chilli mud crab and the company of you fine gentlemen.

Paul

zedjack33
22-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Cheers for the info guys. :-/

zedjack33
25-02-2005, 06:58 AM
Any more info out there.

please.

Dont be shy now!

[smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

Whats you opinion Tony?

agnes_jack
26-02-2005, 05:55 AM
Zedjack
As the guys say, most of the houses at 1770 are a winner, good views, basic ammenities etc. But to get one big enough for your crew, you will probably need to get a house at Agnes. The up side is plenty of em are walking distance to the beach and shops. Some of the ones in Graham collier drive may be the best option.

Regards, Tony

SCOTTYGC
26-02-2005, 06:01 AM
I stayed at the "Lazy J' on grahem collier drive in agnes
plenty of parking and a large deck
3 double beds and 2 two sets of bunks
plenty of room inside with a well equiped kitchen

The house behind us was the beachcomber looked nice and new with lots of parking
had a big ugly dog sitting on the deck ever time i went past
the boys from the beachcomber named him but i wont repeat it

scotty
><>

zedjack33
26-02-2005, 06:17 AM
Nice work guys. Appreciated

Cheers [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]