PDA

View Full Version : TOWNSVILLE  M&G  "Lets try agai

Wild_Side
18-01-2005, 03:49 PM
How about we try this local meet and greet again. I'm shore that I have seen a couple of you out on the water and it would be good to put faces to names. 8)
Any takers.

Cheers
Jason - Wild Side

Derek Bullock
18-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Dont forget the Ausfish caps and Ausfish stickers for the boat so you can recognise each other. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Derek

Dr_Dan
18-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Will be in townsville from the start of Feb. Would be keen if it's after that.

Wild_Side
18-01-2005, 04:35 PM
We'ill have to pick a date on a neap tide too.
No run No fun....... ;)

Robbo_Townsville
18-01-2005, 04:43 PM
I am up for it Jason. Be a chance to ask some questions about that lodge of yours.

Cheers
Robbo

megafish71
18-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Any excuse for a beer hey robbo ;D ;D

megafish71
18-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Wife has just suggested that maybe we're due for another trip to Townsville, so might have to join you guys.

cheers Ron

Robbo_Townsville
18-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Ron, would you bring down your boat with you?

megafish71
18-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Anythings possible, but might just come down for a drink and a chat.

fishsmith
18-01-2005, 05:57 PM
How about the evening of the sat 26th feb,. 2 days after the the full moon.. Aplins weir,keeps it simple and should be able to pull a few Barra from the Fresh or salt... ;D

Needmorerum
18-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Dont forget the Ausfish caps and Ausfish stickers for the boat so you can recognise each other. #;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Derek

Oh shit, Steve, check your mail, I'm sure I got some not long ago, but with all the crap going on at work, I have miss placed them. I also need a cap.

Corry

fishsmith
18-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Sat 26th feb..Aplins weir..wearing a t-shirt and cap back to front..be there or be square...1800hrs onwards..too easy.. ;D

Mad_Barry
19-01-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm up for a cold lemonade on a hot day ;D

26th feb ?? Hard to tell a mth away, work, kids, dogs & cats to organise. We'll see.

Busy this week, but might do a quick run up to blacks next week of an early arvo/evening after work in the tinny if anyone wants a look around & flick a couple of lures, give me a hoy.

Bad_Bubby
19-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Hope the M&G works out a bit better this time, I am thinking about going on a trip down south reasonably soon but the actual chances of it complying with the M&G dates are probably not good. Aplins eh? wonder how the water level is there at the moment. By late Feb that place is traditionally flowing nicely.

cooky
20-01-2005, 05:14 AM
I'd join in, but I can't fish

:-X

Mad_Barry
20-01-2005, 05:58 AM
I'd join in, but I can't fish

:-X

I Wouldn't let that bother you,
it's never bothered me ;D.

(just a mere technicality. 8))

zaneg
20-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Hello

I've been perusing this site for a couple weeks and finaly made the effort to sign up. Hopefully one day I'll be able to contribute as much as I've already learnt.

I'm interested in getting to meet some other like minded people and was hoping these M&G 's are an open invitation and if so, are they family friendly (got a couple littlies I would like to bring along...oh yeah, and possibly the wife)?

I also have a 4m tinnie thats now got a spare seat or two due to a mate who moved down south. I only fish estuary but am happy to drive an hour/hour and a half either way and will quite easily soak up a couple tides in one fish. More about that another time.....

Hope to hear from you and if all's well, will hope to meet some of you at one of these M&G's

Regards

Zane

nonibbles
21-01-2005, 11:16 AM
More the merrier I say!
If I can make it I'll be bringin my little spud and wife too but at present my name's in the on call list for that weekend :-[

Wild_Side
21-01-2005, 03:25 PM
A month might be a little to far away for me. Don't know where I could be! ???How about we try the 29th, somewhere family friendly. Maybe we we could do a bbq at Rose Bay or the Strand. :)

Cheers Jason

Dr_Dan
22-01-2005, 05:26 AM
29th, all going to plan, will be sitting somewhere off cairns on aquacat ;D ;D ;D

If another pops up after the 5th feb, count me in.

nonibbles
19-02-2005, 06:38 PM
O.K I thought I'd bump this back to the top to see if we can get this thing back on the agenda. #Do we have a firm date and time yet? #And who's in. #Let's start getting organised. #Do we wanna have an M&G in the park at Aplins and try to organise something on the water for a later date? #This is not going to come together well until somebody/s step out and take a lead in organising the bloody thing. #I will have my red ausfish cap on whenever it is and anyone stating their interest will get other details in time (ie. contact numbers, etc.) Are there BBQs at Aplins?

If it is still 26th 1800hrs onwards? I can be there! No longer on call.

Wild_Side
20-02-2005, 06:08 AM
Aplins 4pm sat the 26th of feb, Which side? (River Park Drive)
I'll be there............ 8)

Wild Side, Jason.

Nathanrb4
20-02-2005, 07:15 AM
i`ll come down and say G'day. Has anyone else been down there since the rain? I went down yesterday afternoon and the weir is full of weed, had afew casts in the salt side but no luck.
nathan

nonibbles
20-02-2005, 11:16 AM
so is it 4pm now, not 6? I may be late then depends on work.

nonibbles
25-02-2005, 05:35 AM
So who IS ACTUALLY COMING?? #How will we recognise you/Where will stand to identify ouselves? #There were at least 5 of us at the last meet and greet attempt and none of us recognised each other. #Come on this is two days away. #Make yourselves known.
So far there's myself, Jason, ?Nathanrb4, ?fishclaus

That I'm aware of anyway, hope it gets better ::)

cooky
25-02-2005, 06:19 AM
if it's sat at 4pm I'm out unfortunately. My daughters 2nd birthday party down the beach - rose bay or somewhere similar I think (can't remember what the wife said).

If you decide to have it at Sciroptomists Park at Rose Bay - I could come over for awhile.

If you spot a dodgy looking bloke like below - then it's me.

Leo_N.
25-02-2005, 07:02 AM
Unfortunately I am booked for Saturday. I would like to come along and get to know some of you guys though, so will see what I can do - will look for nonibbles' red Ausfish cap if I can make it.

Nathanrb4
25-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Have we decided where we`re meeting yet? how about the Gazebo on the Annindale side of the weir? i think we`ve decided on 4pm or has that changed? and do we have a list yet? Dr_Dan, Robbo, Fishsmith, Dicko, Bad_Bubby and Zane have all expressed interest but are you guys in?
i`ll be there and nonibbles you seem keen as! can we set something firm today.
Nathan

nonibbles
25-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Gazebo sounds good. I'll be there about 6ish (unfortunately due to work). #I just think that if we get a history of poor turnup when we plan these things now we won't get much enthusiasm later.

Nathanrb4
25-02-2005, 10:33 AM
what does everyone else think about time? 6 is better for me (give me time to clean the boat after the morning fishing trip) but i`ll come down what ever time people decide on.

Nonibbles are you fishing when you come down? i was going to bring afew lure to flick around unless this is just a social "G`day"?

nonibbles
25-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Always have the gear ready! ;D
Yeah, I'll be having a flick (I'm glad I didn't do that in running writing - it might well read something else! :-X )

Dr_Dan
25-02-2005, 05:07 PM
At this stage should be there. Will be bringin a couplea lures down as well for a flick.

Robbo_Townsville
25-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Sorry fellas, I will be in Melbourne Friday night and coming home Sunday night. I've got the Ausfish hat and all for easy ID. Hope it all goes well and wish I was there instead of being with Caffee Latte sipping yuppie f****.

P.S. Went down to Aplins and flicked lures into the fresh at about 4 am in the morning Wednesday last week. I could here the bastards splashing and boofing away but there is shit loads of weed there. The clearest spot is on the Mundinburra side but even my poppers were catching the weed.

Mad_Barry
26-02-2005, 05:39 AM
Will be touch and go.

Going fishing saturday, if back early enough I'll wander over for a lemonade with ya's. ;D

Wild_Side
26-02-2005, 01:02 PM
OK its lures at 6 o'clock I'll be there.

Jason.

megafish71
27-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Sorry Guys can't make it this weekend, will be down next weekend for the fishing Expo. Drop in and say G'day, will have a stand there promoting Top Gear Adventure Wear (fishing shirts).

Cheers Ron

Nathanrb4
27-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Not to many down there tonight but it was good to put a face to the names.
how`d you guys go after i left?
That was a good idea about trying to get afew boats together for a trip or two everynow and then, i`d deffinetly be in for that.
cheers nathan

nonibbles
27-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Yeah, had a coupla flicks nothin doin. Family summoned then had to go. It was nice to put faces to names and about going out with other boats definitely a good idea. We needed to swap numbers etc. I'm sure we'll catch up again. By the way, if anyone needs numbers or second boat during weekdays I always have thursdays off and a wed or fri depending on which part of the fortnightly cycle I'm on. Sundays always off.

Nathanrb4
27-02-2005, 06:09 PM
i`ll take you up on that midweek trip sometime nonibbles. i`m sure you could show me a thing or 2.

nonibbles
28-02-2005, 02:48 AM
How's the browny points goig?
Squid/Fingermark trip next dark moon. #This one, I'll stick to familiar waters until I've learnt a little more but I'd really like to get over the Paluma shoals one day and have a look around. #May have to actually drive up there one day and speak to whiteman. #Maybe next M&G at Balgal? That way if the weather turns dodgy or the fish are off none of us have spent a fortune in fuel and accomodation which is the main thing that puts my events organiser's nose out of joint, well the finance department anyway.

Leo_N.
28-02-2005, 08:29 AM
I'm keen and reasonably flexible during the week. I think the tide mustn't have been right for the barras last night ;D Pretty hit and miss when the weir isn't running over.

Nathanrb4
28-02-2005, 01:37 PM
browny points are well up after last night!
headed to the bohle this morning. fished the last 2 hours of the run in and an hour into the run out tides. nothing much doing just afew under size barra and a flatty.
a trip up to the balgal sounds would be good! keep me posted on it. like leo i`m pretty flexible during the week.