PDA

View Full Version : accomodation for flatty classic

flattymattyb
02-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi All,

just wondering if anyone could recomend suitable lodgings for the classic that is close to the venue and most important has a secure spot for the boat during the night?

cheers
Matty

JB
03-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Matty, last yr we stayed at Pelican Cove at biggera waters. Had no problems there, obviously didnt leave any gear in the boat overnight. It was very good spot to leave from. (except the 6nts through the river drives u mad).

Are you planning on booking somewhere this yr?

SCOTTYGC
03-03-2005, 07:54 AM
what sort of accomare you looking for
camping
cabins
resort
motels
i live in the area and there are a few caravan parks very close to the event hq
also plenty of resort type accom all very close
scotty

DaneCross
03-03-2005, 08:48 AM
If you dont mind mixing a bit of luxury into the fray do what JB and I have done for the past 2yrs. Last year was the one JB mentioned, the year before was at the Contessa apartments at Main Beach. The Contessa has its own mooring facillities, Pelican Cove was just a pull up onto the private beach job. As you are starting to look early, you should have no problem finding a couple of other places with mooring facilities. Its great to have the boat in the water ready to go for the 3 days. Just wake up, walk outside, jump in your boat and you're into it. Last year some fish were taken from Biggera Creek on the troll out ;)
Dane

flattymattyb
04-03-2005, 02:36 AM
JB & DC,

Cheers guys, yeah looking at booking somwhere when I confirm the dates and leaving the boat on the water sounds pretty good even if it is only on the "water" 2 out of three mornings :-X :-X ;D and a bit of luxury never hurt anyone. Will have do go for a drive and have a look.

Scotty,

Not real fussy although camping is out this year.

Cheers
Matty