PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast spots

adrian
27-02-2005, 06:57 AM
hi
i am just in need of some info on spots on where to fish the gold coast i've been transfered to the coast and at this stage unable to bring my boat down here . can i fish anywhere that i can get to the water and are some areas better than others. i don't know my way around yet but have found the seaway and broadwater i'm based at the northern end of the coast and just looking for some general info on whats around

thanks
anzac

whynott
28-02-2005, 03:33 AM
Hi Anzac,
Try the mouth of the Tweed River on the rock wall. Fish the surf side of the nortern wall for Tailor on W.A. pillies. Only a few small ones around at the moment but there are a few around if you are lucky enough. Stock up on tackle too as you will loose a bit on the rocks.
Good luck,
Graham.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
28-02-2005, 05:49 AM
For some north end action find paradise point on a street directory.

There is a park on the point that forms the corner on the Coomera River near the inlet where a boat ramp is. Excellent rock wall & hole set up for jacks / bream etc.

As you go up river along the Coomera you will see Jabiru Is - this rocklined spot is a reknown Jack location on the coast - I've also caught some very decent GTs there too. All accessible by foot & a causeway rock wall that can be walked at lower tides on the Coombabah Crk side.

Coombabah Crk & Saltwater Crks have some BIG Whiting (my personal best at 44cm came from there). The pontoon near the boatramp & the front of the caravan park are easy to get to. I have found they are only a daylight affair in Coombabah for some reason? Saltwater Crk offers a some decent landbased locales to put a crab pot in for muddies.

Aside from that, look at a map, pick a bridge on a canal (particulary if it has direct access to the river) & fish the tide changes. An afternoon summer storm is ideal.

whynott
04-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Hi anzac,
So how has the fishing been?
Where have you been trying?
Good luck,
Graham.