PDA

View Full Version : IS IT TRUE

rando
02-03-2005, 12:14 PM
I've heard that the no fishing zone around portions of Peel Island does not exclude commercial fishers????? Anyone Know the score
Cheers
Rando

raefpud
02-03-2005, 01:30 PM
sorry - you have used no, not and exclude too many times in one sentence for me - do you mean that commercial operators are allowed to fish the zone that the recreational fishers cant? I doubt it somehow, i think that area is pretty reefy and rocky, making it unnatractive for commercial operators anyway - i could be wrong, and have been in the past - ???

rando
03-03-2005, 07:26 AM
RAEFPUD
READ IT AGAIN , THE GRAMMER IS CORRECT, & YES , YOU'VE UNDERSTOOD MY MEANING. IVE BEEN TOLD THAT COMMERCIAL FISHERS ARE ALLOWED TO FISH WHERE THE REC FISHERS ARE EXCLUDED. (SORRY FOR THE TYPING, TOO LAZY TO CHANGE CASE)
RANDO

roz
03-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Its all fun and games untill sombody puts in tooooooo many nos, knows, knots, noses etc.
Sorry I could'nt help myself.

Lucky_Phill
03-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Rando knows, what his nots meant, and who knows what raefpud knew about knots or noses. Why not use knots and nose when you aught to know better ? Why not indeed ?

Apart from that. We'll keep you informed on this issue.

Over to the Bugmeister !

Phill ;D

bugman
04-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Phil,

So did you want me to explain grammar or explain the regs around Peel - I'm confused :P

Anyway Rando - I think this should explain it.

bugman
04-03-2005, 04:21 AM
And this should explain that lovely big green patch on the North West corner.

SeaHunt
04-03-2005, 08:50 AM
So I can drive throught it checking the sounder, anchor just outside it and cast into it.. ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
04-03-2005, 02:11 PM
stuff that - i'm not going near the joint !

Those turtles must be at least 100m long #:o !!!

Lucky_Phill
04-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Knew you would come to the rescue Brett.

And Yes, the "INfo " is what needed explaining, not the grammer !

;D ;) :P 8) ??? :o ::)

Phill

Kerry
04-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Bugman, What sort of a delineation is that supposed to be ??? following the 2m contour line, how the hell is that going to be policed??

Somehow it would appear that someone in an office needs to understand the practical requirements in the field ::)

Cheers, Kerry.

Lucky_Phill
04-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Yes Kerry, we all agree down here. But the Powers that Be, have placed signs. ( metal posts with small square signs on top ), in certain areas to let ppl know where they are NOt allowed to go. Some of these posts even have flashing lights on top.

As do the vehicles that transport the folk that make up these regs, to and from " home ". ;)

Phill

webby
04-03-2005, 04:21 PM
The 2m contour, should read according to the rules, the low water 2m contour.
But unless your actually out there at low tide on this 2m immaginary low water line, and knowing the prescribed high tide rise level for that particluar day, and have a exact contour map, with a overlay of the high, you could find yourself fishing where your not supposed to.
As for trawlers, they are supposely prohibated like the rest of us, but on dark nights, whose there to stop them intruding into the protected zones.
regards
regards

Kerry
04-03-2005, 04:50 PM
....But the Powers that Be, have placed signs. #( metal posts with small square signs on top )....

Now from that boundary that would be an awfull lot of posts #;D maybe a picket fence would be more in order #:-X

Cheers, Kerry.