PDA

View Full Version : trout fishing in the usa

dazza
04-03-2005, 11:20 AM
hi all,
last night whilst flat out at work 8) 8) i was watching one of the american breakfast shows. they had a story about the trout season opening. it made a crowded fraser island tailor gutter look deserted. these guy's were shoulder to shoulder, with some casting over others heads. all were fly fishing for as far up the river as the camera could pan. bloody amazing. they were even catching a few fish.
couldn't help but think how lucky we are to have wide open spaces compared to these guy's.
must have been some good tangles and a few shit fights ::) ::)
cheers
dazza

el_carpo
04-03-2005, 10:28 PM
;D Yes indeed! How can anyone enjoy themselves fishing in those conditions? I've never personally been trout fishing in a river like that but I have run into obnoxious crowds while perch fishing at the lakefront. The worst behavior I've ever witnessed in this regard happened to a group of fishers at a local harbor. A woman started to catch a bunch of really nice perch in one spot and lo and behold, three other groups of about four anglers each come rushing right in and literally climb all over her and her group and start casting. It was distgusting. It would have been a fight if it were me they did that to. No manners or common decency at all. I mean, why bother casting if you're going to be that rude? Just steal her fish outright and save the trouble.

I'm with you dazza. Crowds? No thanks.

E.C.

bassintom
05-03-2005, 01:26 AM
it's not always like that here.that happens mostly in the spring when they stock trout.it also happens when salmon are running upstream to spawn.it's actually pretty funny to watch.i would never get involved with it.i'm strictly a bass fisherman.fortunately i have a boat so i don't have to deal with those lunatics.