PDA

View Full Version : hello all

bassintom
04-03-2005, 08:55 AM
hi i'm tom and i'm a bassaholic.i'm new to the board...just wanted to say hey.looking forward to askin' and tellin'.

Derek Bullock
04-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Tom

Welcome to Ausfish. Good to see some internationals joining us.

Cheers

Derek

bassintom
04-03-2005, 09:06 AM
thank you for the welcome derek.

bassfisher02
04-03-2005, 09:21 AM
i am also new here. i hope to learn alot about bassfishing in australia. i am also a bassaholic along with tom ;D

Derek Bullock
04-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Welcome to Bassfisher.

We getting inundated by Yankees. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Derek

bassfisher02
04-03-2005, 09:53 AM
wow i guess i am a yankee to u all since ur way down south. i live in florida so im not to used to bein called a yankee but i guess i can get used to it ;D

Rebbasser
04-03-2005, 11:01 AM
My fault, Derek ;) ;D-posted the link on another board.

In case any of y'all want to come visit us:

http://www.bassfishin.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

mini696
04-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Welcome,

I'm not a bass-a-holic -never even caught one- but I am a fish-a-holic, so we can definately be friends... ;D

Just out of interest (my American history is a bit scratchy), but who would be classed as Yankees?

Mick

Rebbasser
04-03-2005, 11:55 AM
It goes back to our Civil War. The Northerners were called Yankees and the Southerners were called Confederates or Rebels. We still make the distinction and have a lot of fun giving each other a hard time about it-kind of like rival football clubs.

subzero
04-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Similar here in Aussie, you have Aussie, then you have this other place way down South called Tasmania, they like to join in with the big boys but occassionaly we can give them the slip by leaving them of the flag and stuff... they love that.... I beleive they are very similar to those people in the USA living in the Ozarks, close knit famillys :-X, that sort of thing ;D ;)
JUST KIDDING YOU TASWEGIANS, before I get shot...

Welcome to the board "Reb's"
Tight lines
Lloyd

Dug
04-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Australian classifications by state:

Banana benders; Queensland
Cockroaches; NSW
Mexicans; Victorians
Crow eaters; South AUstralia
Sand Gropers; West Australia
Top Enders / Territorians / Drunks; Northern Territory
Tasweegans; Tasmania (there is also suggestions of inter family relationships amongst Tasmanians but this is a family site, but it is a small cold isolated island so I will leave it to your imagination) ::)

Australian Capitol Territory (Canberra) ; Politicians or Public servants :-(

Did i miss anybody?

Hi Tom can you give us a Rebel Yell over the net?
Welcome to Ausfish

thedeckie
04-03-2005, 04:31 PM
G'day Bassintom,
Welcome to Ausfish,a great site and a great bunch of people,be nice to here some fishing stories from the US,I work for a US based company here in Queensland,they are more or less based in the south of the US so I here a lot about hunting but not about fishing.

Cheers
The Deckie (Paul)

thedeckie
04-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Gee Im sure Brett's (BUGMAN) gunna have something to say about all this Taswegian bashing.I rekon your allright Brett......FOR A TASWEGIAN!!!!!!!!!!

Paul (The Deckie)

thedeckie
04-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Get that $100 off ya later Brett......S**T I meant to PM that!!!!!

DICER
05-03-2005, 06:03 AM
gidday bassfisher02 and bassintom...great that you could cast a line to down under!

DICER

bassintom
05-03-2005, 07:14 AM
thanks for the warm welcome guys.i'm a true yankee.new jersey born and bred(lucky me :-/).don't listen to a thing those rebels tell you.lol
us yankees are just jealous cuz they got a cool flag.
actually underneath it all ,we really have one thing in common...fishing.and talking about fishing,and reading about fishing and anything else that has to do with fishing.

i seem to remember a wife and 2 kids lurking around here,i just can't remember their names....oh well,gotta go get my tackle ready.

Dignity
05-03-2005, 07:20 AM
bassintom and bassfisher02, just confuse you further if you are a banana bender (queenslander) any body south of the borders are mexicans.....welcome to the board