PDA

View Full Version : Mackeral Season How Long

markpeta
07-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Would anyone be able to tell me how long do the mackeral hang around in the bay. Been out twice so far and hoping third time lucky, but its going to be another couple of weeks before I can go out. So be prepared fellow fisher people there will be big seas and rain in 2 weeks time.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
07-03-2005, 04:02 PM
different species are there all year round

- they take turns applying karma to all those Christopher Skases reborn as bay whitebait.

devocean
08-03-2005, 08:42 AM
You could probably catch greys and sharkies all year long we can up here but there not as thick as when the sots are running. Spanish seem to hang around to but not in great numbers just local residents. Spots move a lot more than any other.

Jeremy
08-03-2005, 09:44 AM
School (doggie) mackerel can be caught virtually all year round in different parts of the bay. Spotties should be in Moreton Bay until May or so. Spaniards are only ever an occasional catch inside the bay anyway, but they should still be around on the offshore reefs until June, and the odd big one until July/August.

Jeremy

Needmorerum
08-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Have a shot at these, not mine worse luck. Got from out near Masthead Island off Gladstone on Saturday. Apparently, the two fisho's bagged out on Spanny's. The smallest is said to be 19kg and the largest 28kg. One of the blokes from work, so info pretty reliable.
Looks like I'm going out again soon.

Corry