PDA

View Full Version : Lack Of Information for Fishos

devocean
10-03-2005, 10:32 AM
If it wasnt for this web site I would have had no idea about the changes to the spanish laws. Who is supposed to tell us fishermen about these laws and any other future changes, I would love to know so I can tell them they are doing a crap job.
Anyway who is supposed to be telling us?

Jeremy
10-03-2005, 10:42 AM
We're in Australia mate - or at least I am. I don't give a stuff about whatever laws they make in Spain ;D ;D

Jeremy

Big_unit
10-03-2005, 10:44 AM
The goverment mate as per usual does a crap job, public servants are the reason we are up the creek in every which way.
The DPI or Fisheries is supposed to be the informant but then again you usually find out youve broken a law when the coppers hand you a ticket eg; Leaving your vehicle unlocked whilst unattended. Hope this is helpful.

Cheers
James.

Kiktz
10-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Jeremy Good call still laughing.......

I was talking to a mate last night and he told me that he saw it on brownies the other week. This site and others liek it being a wealth of infomation I am suprised there is not some sort of information passed on to us from the DPI or Fisheries.

As Big unit said its all a bit late when you have unknowningly broken the law.

I beleive you should know the rules before you play the game but it is so hard to get you hands on a rule book that is consistantly changing.

Just my thoughts

Lucky_Phill
10-03-2005, 12:38 PM
The Qld DPI has this site on it's email list for Media Releases.

It just takes a little while to get out.

As for the new Spanish Regs >

Courier Mail
Radio ( Nuggets show )
TV #( Brownies ) and Nugget on Channel Ten - (added by Nugget)
Fishweb ( #Fisheries website )

all announced these changes.

Also, being on the email list of the Department will ensure you get uptodate info.

There is also a DPI mag, which you can subscribe to Free, which will be informative as well.

Also, contact your local State member, and ask that you be put on an email list for DPI Updates.

I am not being " sarcastic " here, it's just that I feel if people are " interested ' enough, they will take the steps to be informed.

If you like, I will post contacts so that we may be " informed ".

Phill

Lucky_Phill
10-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Further information:
Kirsten Phillips A/Principal Communication Officer Ph: +61 7 3224 7757
Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries Media Unit
GPO Box 46 Brisbane Qld 4001. Fax +61 7 3239 0860
DPI&F Call Centre 8am-6pm weekdays on local call 13 25 23

Phill

Lucky_Phill
10-03-2005, 12:41 PM
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/

Phill

Lucky_Phill
10-03-2005, 12:42 PM
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/subscribe/default.asp

Phill

Lucky_Phill
10-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Editor: Liz Smith, Liz.Smith@dpi.qld.gov.au

Contact Liz here.

Phill

craigie
10-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Phil,

As usual, your right on the money !!

Your efforts are appreciated ;)

Cheers
Craig.

bugman
10-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Not that I'm defending anyone - because I'm not.

But how actively does everyone

1) read newspappers
2) read industry journals
3) read related magazines
4) listen to the radio
5) watch TV
6) use the net
7) this list can be a lot longer

Information can be communicated in many forms. Not everyone can stay across everything - even if you tried.

And as for those that don't want to listen - well it's hard to tell them anything.

Bugman

cooky
10-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Phil's efforts re-iterate that if you're not a member or know about Ausfish - how do you find these things out?

It was in our local paper today (or yesterday) - that's the first time I've seen anything apart from on this web site.

Mick
11-03-2005, 04:08 AM
There probably should be a happy medium somehow. Obviously, when a new law is passed, the authority responsible for the particular law can't go door knocking to every house in Australia or sky write it in a small plane. Media is probably the best way to communicate between the public and the government. However, some responsibility should remain on the rec fisho's behalf to find out current laws as "ignorance is untolerable" (quote last police man to give me a ticket). [smiley=stop.gif]
Mick

agnes_jack
11-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Your local tackle shop should also keep you informed.
Most tackle shops should have a DPI poster on display.
New boating and fisheries booklets will be available from the end of March at any good tackle store.
Get used to having to constantly update your knowledge, the DPI have informed me that the regs will have changes added regulary in sept. and March each year from now on.
I wait with baited breath for the new inshore fin fish regulations (bream, whiting etc)
that are due very shortly.

Regards, Tony ;)

bugman
11-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Actually Tony - expect fin fish to take a bit longer >:(

agnes_jack
11-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Theres no rush Brett ;D ;D ;D

Regards, Tony