PDA

View Full Version : Warehouse jobs going with Tackle Distributor

nick_B
06-03-2005, 10:13 AM
If you are interested in getting a job with One of australia's largest Tackle distributors there are some WHS jobs, just don't say I sent you.

Call JW Distribution ask for Kevin Saines on 54991522

The whs is in Caboolture QLD on Brisbanes northside

nick_B
09-03-2005, 04:54 PM
why no takers?

I am always hearing people say that they would kill to have a job in the tackle industry (especialy people that don't have jobs)

Daintreeboy
09-03-2005, 05:03 PM
cause it's in brissy.

FearlessFly66
09-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Cause WHS blows ;D

adriancorrea
09-03-2005, 09:37 PM
What about the fact its in Cabulture

Tight Lines
Adrian

-spiro-
10-03-2005, 04:22 AM
Snappyone------Whats this statement ??? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What about the fact its in Cabulture
I live in Caboolture and dont mind it at all. ;D

My mate worked there about 2 years ago and said that they treat you like shit. The pay wasn't very good either. I dont know if it has changed any over the last couple of years or not, mybe its ok now ::)

Fisheasy
10-03-2005, 08:54 AM
How about the fact that people are lazy and have little intention of getting off their butts to do anything ???
Most companies are finding it exceptionally hard to fill positions and the problem is across the board with most industries......
If you're whinging about not having a job, you just haven't tried!

Fisher_Boats
10-03-2005, 09:09 AM
[quote author=Snappyone link=board=General;num=1110003566;start=0#4 date=03/09/05 at 00:36:48]What about the fact its in Cabulture

What do you exactly mean by that?
(And no I don't live in Caboolture.)

On ya Spiro
My boys play footy for Caboolture

Go the Snakes!!!

FearlessFly66
10-03-2005, 05:52 PM
He means that the standard Caboolture joke used to be that if you spotted someone wearing 1 thong it was not because they had lost 1.

Mick
11-03-2005, 03:35 AM
Caboolture is not the ass end of the world..., but I think you can see it from there.

agnes_jack
11-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Nick
That floors me mate!!!!
No takers? No young fella's looking to start a career in the fishing industry?
No wonder they want to bring in overseas workers.
Ya gotta start somewhere lads ;)

Stunned............Tony ??? ??? ???

bazzaman
11-03-2005, 03:25 PM
I think snappy one was reffering to the distance from brissy to caboolture. I thought the exact same thing. Not that im looking for a job but the distance would be a factor. Im sure Adrian meant nothing against caboolture itself so dont get on your high horse when somone makes a comment and you dont like it.. Think before yopu type a disturbing message about other peoples opinions.....

Cheers

Shane

Dug
11-03-2005, 06:04 PM
there are lots of reasons for unemployment and jobs going begging.

One of the the main ones is, low paid workers are treated like shit by employers and the government why would you bother to work if it is going to cost you money and cause you grief?

Simple economic rationalism the government and big business has been preaching this for years. So why do they complain so much when workers do it too?

adriancorrea
11-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Sorry guys
Shane you got it right mate
Not having a go at Cabulture, Just meant that for the majority of us its abit out of the way.
About an hours drive from brissy (southside) thats what I meant.
Havent checked this post for a while, once again not in any way knocking Cabulture.

Tight Lines
Adrian

Jay_S
12-03-2005, 03:12 AM
Snappyone,
Myself (and others) obviously read it the wrong way and I opened my gob when maybe I shouldn't have.
Sorry for jumping in like that.
Been a bit of a weird week. ::)
Still there's a lot of people that aren't on the southside of brissy that could do with work ???
By the way it's Caboolture ;)
Shane ......disturbing ??? I just got a bit defensive I didn't mean to disturb anyone and surely I can question someones opinion and that person can answer as he did.
Cheers Col

Fisheasy
12-03-2005, 05:50 AM
15 years ago, my husband advertised for apprentices and usually ended up with 200 applicants. A couple of weeks ago he got 3 applicants.....
Little wonder he's looking at bringing in workers from overseas.
An apprentice may get paid pittance when they first start (fitters and turners) but they sure get paid well when they turn tradesman. Companies have to pay the bucks to get them in and to retain them.
And, if you're willing to work in a mine scenario for 2-3 years, you can set yourself up for life.
Work just obviously isn't for everyone ;)

Stumpthumpa
12-03-2005, 07:55 AM
To any young guns out there, not discount starting "working in the warehose" as a opening for employment. I am luky enough to work for a progressive distribution company in watersports - some in the tackle industry may know the name CBI.

Good staff in a warehouse are an absolutely essential link in the supply chain and highly valued here. If you cannot get orders out accurately and on time, your distribution is shot. Staff who prove themselves under pressure in a warehouse situation are always considered for advancement here in preference to an unkown from outside. Hopefully this is the case elsewhere.

agnes_jill
12-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Stumpthumpa
CBI have got it wired mate. You guys are always very efficient and thrifty getting your orders out. You all do a great job. Well Done ;D ;D
Regards Sandi

ba229
12-03-2005, 01:18 PM
An apprentice may get paid pittance when they first start (fitters and turners) but they sure get paid well when they turn tradesman. #Companies have to pay the bucks to get them in and to retain them.
And, if you're willing to work in a mine scenario for 2-3 years, you can set yourself up for life.
Work just obviously isn't for everyone #;)

I find generalised rubbish like this very hard to swallow (sorry for my strong initial stance here)

Let me tell you my personal story.

After the HSC (in NSW) over 2000 appretices applied for 50 jobs with Qantas as Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (mechanical).

Of these 50 position 49 were alocated to people who had finish the HSC successfully. The 1 other guy had completed year 11.(not the right job for year 10 leavers apparently)

I left home and moved to Sydney earning a pitance.Sure were hard times and it built a lot of character (some say all bad #;D)

At the end of my appreticeship I was sent to Melbourne with no relocation costs. I figured "hey I have to work somewhere so Melbourne is as good as anywhere"

After completing some courses at Tafe in the evenings I obtained the highest level for a full tradesman. It wasn't the riches that we always hear about either. Would you beleive that after 5 years as a tradesman I earnt $40k exactly.(that was 2001-2002)

Then Sept 11 came along and Ansett collapsed. Suddenly lots of poor guys with morgages and kids were out of work. Qantas was more than willing to take these guys on. Only catch was they didn't employ them as full tradesmen but rather as assistants to tradesmen. I heard these guys were on 12 month contracts with no annual leave, no sick leave and the like and only got $36k per year.

When it came time for our EBA to be renegotiated the company cried poor and we had a campaign of rolling stopages. After a while we got 1.5% then and 1.5% in 6 months. (big deal) Qantas went on to make in the order of $400 million profit that year.

I saw the writing on the wall and went off to Uni which I am due to finish in about 3 months. Then I might earn what I think I am worth.

But since I have left there have been redundancies and now talk of getting rid of engineering and maintenance altogether. Cheaper to do it in New Zealand and Singapore apparently.

Now before I ship my kids off to work for a high visability, high profit making Australian icon I might inform them of how things really work.

Yeh sure, if I had done an Electrical trade or whatever the other shortage is I would be laughing (maybe). But some qualifications just seem to be a way to get cheaper labour.