PDA

View Full Version : Boat cameras

Dug
09-03-2005, 01:35 PM
for those asking about fishing cameras this has just been released I have not soon one in the flesh but the specs sound interesting.

cheers doug

Pentax WP

If you have ever wondered if it was safe to take your digital camera to the beach, on the boat, or anywhere there's a good chance it will get wet, the answer is probably it's not safe unless you take much precaution. The Pentax Optio WP (for Water Proof) is the take-anywhere digital camera that removes that worry.

Compact, lightweight and elegant, the Pentax WP boasts an aluminum alloy body that is less than one inch thin, is rust resistant, has rubber sealants at all the important points, and offers lens protection -- in rain, in snow, in the pool, or on the beach. The JIS Class 8 waterproof rating confirms the Optio WP will remain watertight even when the camera is used in water.*

*The Optio WP may be submerged and operated up to three feet underwater for up to 30 minutes. (1 meter = 3.28 feet)

The Pentax WP has 5MP resolution, 3x optical zoom and macro as close as 1 cm (0.4 in.). It is also fast with a 0.6 sec. startup and 0.05 sec. shutter release time lag. A large 2 in. LCD monitor incorporates low reflection technology and a backlighting system for easier viewing in sunny, outdoor conditions

If you are looking for a really care-free digital camera in a slim, stylish and compact body, the Pentax Optio WP might just be what you need. The Pentax WP is JeansPocket™ Certified and obtains our OriGenial™ Seal of Approval.

trout3030
11-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Any idea on cost?

solefish
11-03-2005, 07:36 PM
From what you've described, sounds like it's worth consideration - I'm in the market for a new one at the moment.

adriancorrea
11-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Just what Im looking for aswell lol
Any idea on the cost

Tight Lines
Adrian

imported_admin
12-03-2005, 06:39 AM
Any idea on cost?

$439.oo on one Australian website

adamleah
12-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Both myself and Leah both bought Pentax WP cameras in 35mm about 8 yrs back ....
Great cameras, excepting both cameras 2 months after warranty finished... carked it... The price to fix the cameras was around 85% of the purchase price ...
Thus we have never bought a Pentax again.

Burley_Boy
12-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Got a new phone yesyterday, don't know what it was except it has bells and whistles and such, but also on the table was a Nokia "tradesman" phone in a bit of a knockabout case. Apparently waterproof to 1M or something like that etc etc, looked the part.And has a built in camera.
Unlikely to compete with a quality camera but for web documentation it might be of interest.

Dug
12-03-2005, 04:05 PM
I have no idea of the price yet probably around the $500 mark + another $100 for a decent memory card I will give a yell when we get one in the shop.

Pentax is the same as most other cameras now they are disposable items don't expect a long life out of them.

My pet hate is Kodak cameras, but don't tell anyone ;D

jugs
12-03-2005, 06:22 PM
We have a cheap generic brand camera we bought off ebay for $120. The good camera is saved for dry land. That way, if it does end up wet, it doesnt matter!
I have had 2 Pentax 35mm cameras and they have both been great and lasted for years. This one sounds like a goodie!