PDA

View Full Version : crescent head

davothegreat
12-03-2005, 12:53 PM
im heading to crescent head for a couple of days with work,is there any macs or tuna or anything decent of the rocks.i wont have a boat so i will be confined to the land.should i take the big spin rods or the little rods for bream and flattys.i have never been there so any advice would be good 8) 8) 8)

basserman
12-03-2005, 02:11 PM
yeh your bigger rock and beach rods would be the best as there is stuff all in the creek
most of the fishing is more your beach type fishing but your only a short drive from southwest rocks and hat head and they do have better rock platforms for spinning and live baiting
but thats not to say good old race course heads will not hold a few nice fish ;D

but beach and rocking fishing are the main ways at cresso ;D
the crescent head tavern is also a good bet but belive nothing they say :P

davothegreat
12-03-2005, 03:33 PM
thanks, if there is no fish there is aways surf and grog

FOOCKCHUCKER
12-03-2005, 04:01 PM
don"t go near the grog jump in the car and head to the hat ( 3 w"s ) is a good one and not only take the spin rods but take lbg gear in at least 25 kilo range as there can be some trophy fish there and this is almost prime time. also a jewy bait soaked around big hill on the way to plumber could have the gaff appearing

davothegreat
13-03-2005, 12:54 PM
dont quite know the names of those places can u give me some directions and i like the sound of taking the big guns