PDA

View Full Version : Ally   Welders needed

gif
13-03-2005, 03:37 AM
A Boat builder needs Aluminium welders.

North Gold Coast area. You dont need to be a tradesman but some expreience is needed.

5 days preferred but can do a deal on a fixed 4, or maybe 3 days a week.

call or write ( dont pm) Gary and I will pass on the details

Gary
0412 111 573 g.fooks@uq.net.au

Brett_Hoskin
13-03-2005, 05:23 AM
The shortage of labout is incredible..I have had an ad in the paper for 2 weeks wanting a Mechanic... I got 1 reply from a 62 your old scotsman who reckoned he knew Arthur Scargall....

The labour shortage is going to kill a lot of businesses.

blaze
13-03-2005, 10:07 AM
started my apprentaship in 76 at age 15, in my home town that year there were 9 mechanical app, population 3500. This year, same town there were 0 and accross all fields there were 6 including hairdressers. So the goverment has screwed up bigtime. Are the companies that are seeking tradesman employing apprentices cause if not I hope they dont get quality tradesman.
cheers
blaze

Kerry
13-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Aluminium boat welders ??? some boat manufacturers would say, what are they ???, they almost don't exist these days and the lack of has closed down or reduced several alloy manufacturers in recent times.

Those with the skills and experience (and can actually weld alloy "properly") can almost name their price and at times the shortage of people and the increaee in output makes one wonder sometimes about some alloy boats.

The last frontier for good alloy welders was WA but that's probably been used up by now.

Unfortunealty it's really not a good outlook for finding good alloy welders these days, that's just the way it is but I think many know this already.

Cheers, Kerry.

Tony_N
14-03-2005, 04:01 AM
I know a brilliant welder (incl alloy)who does odd job bits and pieces from his own workshop because he can't get a decent wage from the industry - Unfortunately lives near Lismore rather than the city, but even still......

I have given him Gary's info.- but "some experience" doesn't sound like the pay is going to be for brilliant work.

Dug
14-03-2005, 05:13 AM
mmmm we want everything we pay nothing and we treat you like sh!t?

One of the kids I know went for a boilermakers apprenticeship they were desperate for new staff but turned her down because she is a girl.

We are so set i the old ways no wonder the system is failing young people business and tradespeople.

:(

bungie
14-03-2005, 06:01 AM
Dug,
Its against the law to turn her down on her gender.

Dug
14-03-2005, 07:16 AM
I know that and she knows that but what do you do they never mentioned gender they just asked for 10 apprentices then took on the 5 male applicants and rejected the 2 female ones.

PinHead
14-03-2005, 08:17 AM
In some trades, females are not suitable for the work as there is lifting involved. I have seen one female complete an apprenticeship in my trade...had to get a male with her on most jobs to do the lifting..no employer can afford that cos you cannot charge the client for 2 people when in reality only one is required.

blaze
14-03-2005, 09:13 AM
I dont know about that pinhead as I have seen some butch type girls about that could lift more than a man that sits on his ar*e all day pushing a pen. Got nothing agaisnt either/or in any job if the selection critera is right.
cheers
blaze