PDA

View Full Version : fuel prices

rayo
22-03-2005, 02:17 AM
i see the fuel companys are at it again blameing the increase of fuel on the price of crude oil, that maybe the case down the track. but im sure the fuel in the bowsers today was purchesed by them a long time ago when the price of crude
was a hella lot cheaper ( just another rip off) makes one wonder what our motoring organisations are doing about it

btw anyone got any idea how long it takes to refine a barrel of crude

Da-Jew-Man
22-03-2005, 02:24 AM
What about how much little Johnny and Costello are making out of the GST on fuel.
Wasn't a 1 cent increae equal to $100M extra.
Where'e the money going???????
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

adrian
22-03-2005, 02:56 AM
remeber when the gst was first put on the table and they say all fuel taxes would come off . as if . they just add the gst to the price and hoped we forget i didn't but it's easter and all fuel companies need the easter bonus . also it's not the service stations fault they have to buy fuel at a non discount price .then the fuel price is told to them by the companies .eg today we will give you 5 cents rebate for all the fuel you sell today. but tomorrow it's alonly going to be 3 cents

i now go to woolies to get a feul discount docket had my say

anzac

bignick
22-03-2005, 03:32 AM
The Government can go on all they like about outside influences, but the bottom line is that our fuel prices are so high because of one thing; Government Excise (ie. yet another tax). I will stand correction on this, but, in a $1-00 litre of petrol, the Federal Government collects something like 48-51 cents, and this NEVER reduces. Add on to that the GST, and we are paying tax on tax to buy fuel. I did a thread on this some time ago on this site. Seems no Politician is willing to lower the Fuel Excise (notice they don't say "tax"), which only proves they are all as bad as one another. Still, as I said last time, we get the Governments we deserve. Incidentally, the introduction of the GST was supposed to see all those other hidden taxes removed; as if. That would mean the Government would have less money coming in, thereby giving them less of a cash flow to buy votes at the next election. It could even jeopardise their generous superannuation packages upon their retirement, and we can't have that now, can we? A surplus is a great thing, but not hard to achieve if you rip everybody off, hoard all the money and spend none of it by running all the Government services and utilities into the ground. It seems that, when elections come around, all of a sudden, there is money to burn and everyone can have some. But, for some strange reason, everybody gets concerned for the plight of a far Northern insect colony or some homosexual art appreciationn society whilst the poor old bloke in the street gets nothing. Then again, we roll over and cop it with barely a whimper. As I said before, we get the Government we deserve.

Cheers,
NICK.

Sideshow_Cod
22-03-2005, 04:23 AM
and then the fuel stations have the hide to put all those bloody additives in it to make it cheaper for us/them.. ??? ::)stuffing sensitive injection systems and leaving residue in the bottom of tanks. Jeez this world is so full of bottom feeding scum. [smiley=greedy.gif] [smiley=greedy.gif] [smiley=greedy.gif] [smiley=greedy.gif] [smiley=greedy.gif]
I guess politicians dont have to pay for fuel and they get around in gov cars. [smiley=rifle.gif]

slugo
22-03-2005, 07:02 AM
not long at all to refine a barrel of crude. petrol stations up there prices as soon as word gets out on the radio or tv there is another rise coming our way .. we have had 3x3 thats 3 cents a ltr extra for 3 years for better roads that was over 10 years ago and I beleive we are still paying the 3x3 now is that a rip off just for courisity fuel prices in newcasle are at..

ulp 113 ltr
diesel 115 ltr
premium 117 ltr

cheers
len

beefaman
22-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Qld prices are cheaper than NSW, as we dont pay the fuel subsidy at the bowsers!! Which is 8.35cpl if you are not using it on road!!