PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Airlie Beach!

Nathan
21-03-2005, 01:01 PM
G'day everyone,

I'm moving to Airlie Beach in a few days, taking up a tour guiding job with Fantasea cruises and Proserpine River Eco Tours. I've been out of QLD too long, so it will be great to be back.

To the fishing...

How would I go about getting into the sooties at Eungella and P Faust? I have a kayak and suitable gear. What should I cast at? Is some structure better than others? Are there sooties and junglies in the Proserpine River?

Is Shute Harb. worth fishing from the jetties? Can I expect black jew etc...?

I am very much looking forward to heading up again, I am very much over Victoria and the crap fishing.

Thanx in advance,

-Nathan

Big_Kev
21-03-2005, 01:56 PM
SKITE!!! (LOL)(what green eyes I have)
Next you will want to know how to land a huge red emporer or purhaps a spaniard.
Good luck to you and all the best mate, it is a very nice part of the world.
The scenery in the main street is good as well. Cheers Kev. #:)

kc
21-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Hi Nathan,

Give me a call when you get here & I'll give you a cooks tour.

KC

0414 785 462

Mick
22-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Haven't heard of too many people going to prossy dam to target sooties. (lol) It would make a good report though, went to peter faust for sooties, but only got some nuisance barra. Bloody things!
Mick
PS don't worry about fishing Bowen. Nothing but boots and car tyres ;)

Sergio_kutz
22-03-2005, 09:29 AM
You lucky bugger!!! i loved airlie when we went up there. We took a kayak over from the harbour across to this little bay and there were fish everywhere. We must have been in 2 foot of water and could see little reef sharks scooting in. Massive flathead just lying on the bottom. Schools of small trevally, whiting around and over the 40cm mark and heaps of other fish just casually scooting around. It was insane! next time i go there i'll definatly be taking the plastics rod and having an awesome time. You're definatly gonna be the envy of many people on this site including me!

Good luck and tight lines, Sergio

devocean
22-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Just in time for the mac season. There are several creeks in the area but you will need to scope em out. Try and get a light plane flight will give you some direction of where looks good (lot of water in Airlie), also some great crabbing and creek fishing north of Prossie you have Billys Creek and the Prossie River as well which is full of barra and crocs. Mate I hope you are single living in airlie beach could be hard with a partner especially being a tourist guide you lucky bugger yu wont have time to go fishing I reckon