PDA

View Full Version : FREE CHARTER WITH MONO "WINNER"

mono
08-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Congratulations to all who entered. There were some oustanding entries and I have been blown away with the responce. It was extremely hard to pick the winner but in the end it was too hard to go past the entry by 'Aussiebasser'.
In a few months, in conjuntion with Ausfish, we will run another competition for another free trip to fish the deep-water reefs off Byron Shire for Amberjack, Pearlies etc.
Again, congratulations to 'aussiebasser'. I will PM you soon with the date and details.
Cheers
Capt Mark 'Mono' Stewart

'Completely off the subject of how Mono got his name, there was a time when Mono, Nugget and Steve Ausfish were fishing with Paris Hilton. Nugget landed the first fish and Paris was quite excited and congratulated him. Nugget said "Yeah, not a bad effort considering my disability!" "What is you disability?" asked Paris. "I have a wooden arm," said Nugget. Paris needed proof, so Nugget took her into the galley and unscrewed his arm. Next up Mono got a ripper Mackeral and Paris was again quite excited and congratulated him. Mono said "Yeah, not a bad effort considering my disability!" "What is you disability?" asked Paris. "I have a wooden leg," said Mono. Paris needed proof, so Mono took her into the galley and unscrewed his leg. Next Steve Ausfish got a huge Marlin and Paris was again quite excited and congratulated him. Steve said "Yeah, not a bad effort considering my disability!" "What is you disability?" asked Paris. "I have a wooden heart," said Steve. Again Paris wanted proof and Steve went into the galley with her. 15 minutes later Mono and Nugget were a bit concerned about what had happened, so they went into the galley, and sure enough, there was Steve screwing his heart out!! '

Big_unit
08-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Congratulations Aussiebasser.

you came, you saw, you conquered.

[smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]

aussiebasser
08-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Bugger me, what sort of Spinerbaits do Mackeral eat. ;D

blaze
08-03-2005, 05:39 PM
big ones

aussiebasser
08-03-2005, 05:45 PM
oooh, oooh, oooh, I forgot to ask, is Paris coming too???

I've checked my Baitcasters, will this one do Mono???

Heath
08-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Good one Aussiebasser [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

A bit more than the 50 words ???

You'll have a hoot.

ba229
08-03-2005, 06:54 PM
yeh nice work dude.

We ALL expect a full and pictured report ;)

Regard

Alex

caveman
09-03-2005, 10:28 AM
well there you go i pays to read all post doen't it, when i read the heading i thought it ment you got a chance to win a charter if you bought some mono line :-[ :-[ :-[

The_Bulge
09-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Well done Aussie.But yes I agree with Hoot. Why say Fifty words or less if the judges dont stick with that.
I am only jealous.

Burley_Boy
09-03-2005, 02:11 PM
I think its "the judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into" clause that will be applied. ;D
Congratulations Aussiebasser, off the subject yes, more than 50 words yes, the most hilarious entry yes!!!
Enjoy the trip. :)

Mick
10-03-2005, 05:48 AM
My hat goes off to you aussie. the best man won! Paris Hilton is not a word, its a hobbie, so it doesn't count.

Jethro
10-03-2005, 06:41 AM
Congrats Basserman......... Wish it was me ;D

You might have to go up to 12lb leader for these ones ;D

JB
10-03-2005, 07:12 AM
LMAO @ mick, i want a hobbie like that!

Sideshow_Cod
13-03-2005, 07:44 PM
you still owe me $20.....

ya ba##@rd :o

mono
17-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Righto Aussiebasser, get your bum into gear, its on! Good Friday, 25th. Steve, Webby and Nugget are also ready to go. So get those really big 'spinner baits' ready and dont forget an esky, sunnies and a hat. I'll supply everything else for u. I'll also sent u a pm.
Cheers
Capt Mark 'Mono' Stewart

BigE
17-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Best of luck you guys ................................ hey aussie recon you could sneak me inya esky or hide me under ya hat. ;D

BigE
17-03-2005, 03:52 PM
:o :o :o if paris turns up we all expect a report with pics....................... dont forget your night lens

aussiebasser
17-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Righto Aussiebasser, get your bum into gear, its on! Good Friday, 25th. Steve, Webby and Nugget are also ready to go. So get those really big 'spinner baits' ready and dont forget an esky, sunnies and a hat. I'll supply everything else for u. I'll also sent u a pm.
Cheers
Capt Mark 'Mono' Stewart

Sounds good to me Mono, but I hope you find fish better than you send PM's. Got one from Webby though. Esky, Sunnies, Lucky Hat ready. Mental note, buy Travacalms. See ya's soon. Wanna get me one of those pointy toothed racing bass!!!!

aussiebasser
27-03-2005, 05:30 AM
A run down on the day can be found here:
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Reports;action=display;num=11117575 32;start=

Thanx for the great day Mono, I hope your Jatz Crackers are back where they should be this mornings