PDA

View Full Version : 'Ello 'Ello. Does Anyone Still Live in Vic

fishyfingers
27-03-2005, 02:45 AM
I have noticed that every one mostly lives or goes fishing between Brizzy & Burrum. However some venture south of the border to Yamba.I have decided to travel the path of pioneers of the past where no one has been before. VICTORIA. I will be tossing a line in at the Prom & The Big Ocean Road in July while the natives huddle in their caves around the camp fires this time of year, (guess I won't see any one).
If any one knows of this place could you please let me know if it is worth throwing a line. Every one I have spoken to suggest that all the fish live up north, and only whales and sea lions survive that far south. Are they good to catch & what bait should I use.Any suggestions
Thanx [smiley=lost.gif]

Derek Bullock
27-03-2005, 04:41 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D That's two border crossings away and in the height of the footy season. Good luck.

Derek

goodoo
27-03-2005, 05:32 AM
hello fishifingers your title asks if anyone still lives in vic the answer is probably no i think everyone that once did now resides on the sunshine coast so there should be plenty of room for you to fish in vic

saphire
27-03-2005, 10:10 AM
I have never been there but I wish I was going.
Have a fantastic time and a great Easter,
saphire:)

skip2malou
27-03-2005, 12:52 PM
I used to live there :P. Never been fishing at "big ocean road" but think a few buddies have. Seems to get very rough... Dunno if they caught much...

squidgiepalmer
27-03-2005, 01:37 PM
you can bet you will meet no Mexicans i think they are all at Evans Head :o

squidgie palmer

skippa
27-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Any Vic's in Victoria, Yeah must be at least one. I think I saw a light on in the last Sat Photo I looked at # ;D #;D

Err seriously tho Dave, you better like the cold, the Prom in July, damn that's cold and it's no better along The Great Ocean Road area either. Not that there near one another, but the wind coming off Bass Straight is coming straight from Antarctica. :o

Mostly, from memerory, the guys were catching Salmon from the ocean beaches, but perhaps some chaps from fish net, re mainly local mexicans, may have more accurate info for you.

Cheers and ahve a good trip(stay warm)
Tony 8)

Cheech
27-03-2005, 03:58 PM
We got out about 10 years ago.

But for fishing, knowing what I do now, fishing would be the one possitive things I would see about moving back to Victoria.

I use to sail on the bay, but apparently there are some great snapper spots. Mostly around Frankston to Mt Martha, but also down to Boemauris (spelling?) and across to Werribee. And Western Port if you have a suitable boat.

Lots of good Whiting and Flathead fishing as well in the western bay. So if you like Whiting, snapper and flathead, and can put up with the cold, then would not be too bad. But you would not be doing it in a tinnie. My 5.5 Mustang half cab would be perfect.

As fot the great ocean road, as far as I know ther are no boat ramps.

Would love to take my boat up the the great lakes (near Bairnsdale). It is a massive waterway. Do not know what the fishing is like though.

If you are into Bream fishing with Lures, would be interesing to give teh docklands a go. If you have seen the Bream (AFC?) championships on tellie, it looks like ther are fish to be had, and with a great backdrop.

Cheech

fishyfingers
27-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Thanks Cheech
sounds ok. I heard that there are charter boats around Port Fairy. I may even give that a go. If they're all at Evens & SEQ I may stand a chance.As for football my team, they were well known for wanting Super League, Cheating,Rapists & Drug Takers.Now follow the Cowboys (an honest Team).
I'll turn out that light when I leave with Big Blue.

kc
27-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Personally, I recon you are missing a great opportunity to score some seriuos brownie points..........ie.

No Dear...I'm not taking my fishing gear on our holiday

(because I know the joints a dud)...

I would rather just spend time with you this holiday, we can go to the theatre, shopping together & visit the wineries....

(then maybe next year you won't mind when I go North on a full on fishing trip with the boys)

Take a long term view old mate....hmmm! Stragety!! or is that strategy?

Cheers & good luch in Vic..my favourite part is a bit of the north bound runway at Tullamarine airport.......that little bit where the wheels of the plane leave the ground....just love that bit

KC