PDA

View Full Version : Fishing At Bribie Island

TechnicTone
29-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi Fisho's, I'm taking my family to Bribie next weekend, and would love to take them fishing, I will not be taking my boat, IS there anywhere that would be suitable to take them?????
Thanking you all ,
TechnicTone

markpeta
29-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi TechnicTone,
Bribie Jetty would be a good start or even hire a boat for half a day and fish under the bridge. Have been getting a few squire under there the last couple of weekends. Please dont fish off the bridge as the other weekend my boy got caught up in line and nearly got a hook in the back of his head. So now every time I drive past to and from work or fishing I call the police [smiley=policeman.gif] if I see people fishing off there. You can get some descent whitting and talior on the surf side as well.

Good Luck fishing, [smiley=laola.gif]

Mark

Touchy - R.I.P.
30-03-2005, 02:37 AM
You could also go 'round to Whitepatch,rocky ledge at the n/e end but bit further back along towards the west end is better if taking the younger ones & you will usually score a feed of whiting there.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

beefaman
30-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Red Beach holds nice whiting, and is great for the kids as they can play around in the sand etc, go for a swim and maybe even catch a fish!!

TechnicTone
30-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Hi Fisho's,
Gee Thanks heaps for all of your info, much appreciated, we will sus out those areas recomended.Ta.
I know what ya mean about fishing off the bridge, it should be policed more often.
Thanks again
TechnicTone [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

jugs
30-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Technictone- the Bribie Bridge is a good option for a hire boat, we caught some nice fish there last weekend.
Other than that, Whitepatch is a great spot!
Good luck!