PDA

View Full Version : How many dillies for my Grandson & I ?

oscar
30-03-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm taking my 11 year old grandson crabbing over the school holidays, at 11 years of age does he qualify for us having eight dillies on board? Phyically he's capable, what is the law?
I had an idea the age limit has been changed recently.

Len

dynamicspot
30-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Sorry mate he must be 15 years old just checked regs

Greg

dynamicspot
30-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Sorry you are able to have 4 for yourself

Greg

NeilD
30-03-2005, 02:35 PM
This is a problem for me as well. When I take my two girls (8 & 12) out we are limited to only 4 pots or dilliies. >:(
I get a bit of a laugh every time David Green writes about his young son crabbing with his mates. Highly illegal. :-X
Its a rediculous situation when a couple of youngsters cant have a go at a few crabs when mucking around on the water.

Neil

Neil

dfox
30-03-2005, 02:48 PM
True neil! as kids (10years old) we would load up the pushies and ride to some remote creek and throw out the pots and come home proud as with a feed of crabs. Shame its braking the law ??? ???

banshee
30-03-2005, 05:12 PM
G'day Oscar,If your close enough to cross into NSW your grandson and yourself can both crab with five dillies each,or 1 pot and four dillies each,your grandson would have to be able to show fisheries officers he is capable of lifting the pot,he will not be required to remove any crabs though.

Fisher_Boats
30-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Oscar,
This law sucks :(
Neil
I've got lads that spend a fair bit of time on the water, they have learnt a lot about the water and respect the enviroment for what it is. It's illegal for them to have a crab pot but it's not illegal for kids to hang around skate parks or the street and get into certain things.
Makes you wonder doesn't it ???

Cheers
Col

basserman
31-03-2005, 11:27 AM
so whats that saying
it is only illagal if your caught or something like that ;)