PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Charters..A Week on Water

rusco
23-03-2005, 01:41 PM
What are your thoughts..Ideal Charter boats...Ideal fisho numbers...Up to 10 fishos. Over 10 fishos for the week.
If you have always been out on a charter that takes up to 18 on board . Would you consider going out on a smaller charter? If not why not? And vice versa.
Like to get some opinions. I might have to change my views before next years trip.
Regards
Rusco [smiley=end.gif]

Cheech
23-03-2005, 02:43 PM
I have only been on 3 charters. The max numbers was about 8 by memory. How does it go with line tangles when you have that many? Have tangles with just 3 on rec boats at times. 18 must be a nightmare.

mariner_22
24-03-2005, 04:48 AM
To rusco

The charters I have been out on for a week had 6 people and it was great no tangles and plenty off room. We were on a 48 ft boat so there was plenty off room for bottom bouncing even when the sharks got onto us. However, if you want to go on a smaller vessel with a smaller crew expect a much higher price per person. So it really depends on how much you are willing to pay.

MulletMan
24-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Try Mooloolaba Game Fish Charters. Great people, great boat that sleeps 12 and fish Cato Reef often. Tangles occur but the deckies are right there immediately to sort them out. Can't speak highly enough about them!

rusco
24-03-2005, 12:18 PM
[smiley=oops.gif]Sorry Commodore, Finding a suitable charter is not the problem...Certain fishos prefer to go on big boats which cater for up to 20. Some prefer to go on smaller boats that cater for up to 10...What are the pros and cons for both groups?
Me personally, well I preferred the smaller charter for 5 out of the last 6 years.
Regards
Rusco 8)

rusco
31-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Thanks Mariner 22 ..Your comments are appreciated.
Any big boat people out there for comment?
Rusco

mariner_22
31-03-2005, 02:56 PM
No worries rusco I'll be going out on a 80 foot boat in a couple of months so I will be able to give you a comparison then