PDA

View Full Version : Fined for rec fishing green zone

NQCairns
01-04-2005, 06:41 PM
I saw a couple of nights ago on the local news two fisho's leaving the Cairns? courthouse. they were fined for fishing in a green lockout zone, I only caught the very end :( Anyone know what actually happened? cheers nq

Zeeke
01-04-2005, 09:11 PM
I saw a couple of nights ago on the local news two fisho's leaving the Cairns? courthouse. they were fined for fishing in a green lockout zone, I only caught the very end :( Anyone know what actually happened? cheers nq

I think that says it all NQ..... ??? ::)

Tim

megafish71
02-04-2005, 04:35 AM
It was a commercial trout fishermen. $20k was not a big enough fine in my books, should have taken there licence off them. Obviously these guys have no reguard for the current regs, make you wonder what other things these guys have been up to.

Ron

NQCairns
02-04-2005, 05:02 AM
Ok thanks Megafish, I was worried it was some poor recfisherman who made a small technical mistake. Small change to the commercial trout brigade I guess.
QLD transport says it is 1 in 10 chance of being caught unreg in a vehicle, gotta be much less risk fishing the reef at night - $20000 chicken feed :P

cooky
02-04-2005, 07:24 AM
one of my staff got caught in my company car last week and fined for out-of-date rego sticker. Sticker I had on windscreen was only 2 yrs old :)

It's probably the first time the car has been pulled up in that time and it does a lot of kms - so they're probably right that there is bugger all chance of being caught.

Lucky_Phill
02-04-2005, 12:18 PM
bugga.

Under the Law, there are a few things that go towards justifying a sentence imposed on a " crim ".

One of those is ' INTENT "

There is no doubt about that in this case.

No only was the INTENT evident, but the ' crim' was a professional in THAT industry.

A licence, suspension, should have at least been given.

Then a fine and good whiping with a 3 day old Grinner.

Cheers Phill