PDA

View Full Version : Hi

chevin
19-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi Guys, I have just logged on here and I am looking forward to joining in some discussions in the near future. I fish around Perth's northern suburbs and also around the Exmouth area. If I can help any one with info on those areas I will be pleased to do so. Later this year I will be visiting the Qld area so I will probably be asking for a bit of info myself closer to the time.

Anyway, I am looking forward to "meeting" you all in the near future. Best wishes, chevin

dfox
19-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Welcome to ausfish mate.
Hows the jew fishing over there ;D
Plenty of QLDers on this site, catch ya...foxy

Dug
19-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Sandgroper alert ! Sandgroper alert ! Sandgroper alert !

cheers mate ;D

agnes_jack
20-03-2005, 05:34 AM
G'day Chevin
Welcome, I look forward to reading your reports.
There doesn't seem to be too many members from over your way.

Regards, Tony

bidkev
20-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Welcome to the site mate. Let us know when you're up this way and I'll put you onto some vermin :-)

cheers

kev

roz
20-03-2005, 06:14 AM
Hi Cheven,
Welcome aboard, Ausfish is good value.
I used to live in Perth, went to school at MLC. We used to prawn in the Swan River at night, I wonder if you can still do that? and loved to catch tailor at City Beach early in the mornings. Nothing wrong with sandgroers Dug!
Roz.

agnes_jill
20-03-2005, 07:07 AM
Hi Cheven
Welcome aboard also!!. I too lived in W.A. many moons ago when I was a teenager. Only for a short while though. Theres some beautiful spots over there, although I have to say it QUEENSLAND RULES!! ;D
Cheers Sandi

chevin
20-03-2005, 07:09 AM
Hi Guys, thanks very much for your words of welcome, they are appreciated.

Yes, people still net prawns in the river though it is a few years since I have done it. I still snorkel off he local beach and catch crays by hand though.

There are still a few jewies around and I caught the one in my avatar just before last Christmas. Not doing much fishing right now being as I have my boat on blocks while getting it ready for an Exmouth trip next month.

Volvo
21-03-2005, 08:33 AM
:)And another welcome onboard chevin, not quite as far as Perth except for the odd "Mundine Baby Cassius fight" but did reside in Collie for some years..
Plenty a long night offa Busselton jetty waiting for the jew to run through too:)..
Or chukin some blown kelp/weed bring in the herring:)..
Cheers

searaider
21-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Geday chevin ,
Welcome aboard , looking forward to some Trip Reports & Photo's from your side of OZ .
If you let everone know when your planning on that trip to Qld , I'm sure you will get a fishing trip arranged .

Peter
Searaider 2

chevin
04-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Have a look at this, it is hilarious!

http://www.goyk.com/video.asp?path=1053

squidgiepalmer
04-04-2005, 05:21 PM
welcome ;DChevin have been told about the bream over there would love to get into them with SP
cheers Squidgie Palmer ::)

Bosunsmate
04-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Welcome aboard chevin..... ;D

chevin
04-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks for all of the welcomes guys. Good to meet you all. I hope that you enjoyed the video clip!