PDA

View Full Version : Hello from China

szopen
05-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi all,

For over a week I was reading info on this site.
Thought it might be time to register.

I live in a different world, different fish, different fishing but in the end it's all the same.

agnes_jack
05-04-2005, 11:12 AM
G'day Szopen!!!
Welcome, Different world different fish, we look forward to seeing what you catch and some of the techniques you use in your country.

Regards, Tony :D

szopen
05-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Well it's not quite my country, I work and live here, home is in Poland where the fishing is completely different again.

Regarding fishing in China (South China where I live) it is freshwater fishing mostly in dams in parks, everywhere worth fishing you have to pay, only in some places fish can be eaten.
Mostly coarse fishing with various dough baits, top fish tilapia, various types of carp, when using shrimps or small fish can catch catfish, bass, a type of freshwater cod.

Lots of people around, 10 milion in the city where I live, another 90 milion in a 300km radius.

Different.

But...

On Friday I'm going on holidays to Bohol, Philippines and there will be some proper saltwater fishing.

Any advice?

craigie
05-04-2005, 02:21 PM
My advice would be, forget about Bohol and come to Australia ;D ;D

Seriously, Welome to the site szopen, always good to hear about fishing from other countries around the world.

I have fished in the Philipines out off Catanduanes (Eastern edge). Dynamite fishing is a big problem in that region but they still get a seasonal run of Tuna etc.
Where is Bohol ??

Regards

Craigie.

szopen
05-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Bohol is an island a bit south of Cebu.

The place is one of the diving hot spots so we are going mostly for that reason.

I usually take my gear with me and try to arrange some fishing as well.

I have been to Australia, done a week diving on GBR and some fishing from pier in Cairns, got an eel over 2m, and "strange thing" nobody wanted it ???

baldyhead
05-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Welcome to a great site M8...not surprised about the eel as they are classed as vermin here, some have a good flavour but there are just too many bones in em. I have a M8 who smokes them but he prefers the freshwater variety reckons that they taste better. cheers baldy

szopen
05-04-2005, 07:40 PM
As I said before:

Different places different fish different likes.

In continental Europe eels are a top fish and very expensive in a shop, carp is also very appreciated as a sports fish, a small relative of carp (the fish from which gold fish originated) in Europe is used as a bait for pike in the best case but is very sought after in China...

NeMo84
06-04-2005, 05:54 AM
mate this just makes me soooo happy to be in Australia!!! ;D

snappa
06-04-2005, 01:09 PM
:o
are their any snappa in china as i will be there in approx 6 weeks...
what kind of bait will i bring over.....
rod and reel packed.... ;D

szopen
06-04-2005, 01:52 PM
And where exactly are you going?

China is a big country.