PDA

View Full Version : Speeding boat = Broken jaw.

Big_unit
07-04-2005, 11:44 AM
To the w@nker at Norman Pt boat ramp this morning.

6 knot speed limits dont just reduce wash but also stop my missus getting knocked @rse up by my boat that she was hanging on to. She was lucky not to have been more seriously injured, she has a jarred wrist which you caused. I know the name of your boat and have an idea that you are going to get knocked @rse up. Slow down you friggin idiot. Your little Haines will be a crumpled heap of crap if I see you fly in like that again, lucky you nicked off down past the Marina cause thats what has saved you so far.

James.

mini696
07-04-2005, 11:47 AM
[smiley=rifle.gif]

I have him in my sights... Permission to fire captian?

Boxhead
07-04-2005, 02:23 PM
James,

Unfortunately you can't legislate against dickheads. I have experianced this myself on a few occasions. "You've never got a shoulder mounted rocket launcher when you need one"

Nath...

dasher
07-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Anyone that uses that boatramp should PM James and get the name of the boat. I'm not advocating violence or confrontation, but a word of advice from a few may be enough. ???

Dug
07-04-2005, 03:55 PM
I have on occasion leaned on the bonnet of cars owned by speeding boat owners while explaining the error of their ways.

The fact that my wetsuit was drenched and with running salt water at the time was purely coincidental [smiley=oops.gif]

Revenge can be peaceful and satisfying [smiley=devilish.gif]

NeMo84
07-04-2005, 05:34 PM
what is it with people and shoulder mounted rocket launchers [smiley=love.gif]? ive got a few myself in the shed, might put em in the "for sale" section, good brand too JAVELIN...wanna buy one Big_unit? [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

mattooty
07-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Hope the missus is ok. Just coincidentally "bump" into his car one day

Fishinmishin
07-04-2005, 05:50 PM
It was Boxhead driving! I saw him do it and it was on purpose!
Gotta agree, the inconsiderate usually learn a bit quicker with your methods Big_Unit [smiley=rifle.gif]. Cheers, Jay

mako_5.2
07-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Tin Can Bay is not a big place, should not take long to find and educate him on boating etiquette

Big_unit
07-04-2005, 06:27 PM
My missus is sore but ok, she puts up with me so she can handle most things. I have found out who the w@nker is and a mate who is non violent is going to see him tomorrow just to point out the error of his ways and suggest an apology might be in order. Personally I would like to smash his face in but everyone says I should let them deal with it. I like you guys, your good cause I dont feel out of place. Anyways I will see what tomorrow brings hopefully he refuses to say sorry and then its my turn to play.

Cheers
James.

Mick
08-04-2005, 02:37 AM
finish him...., (quote - grandpa simpson)

adrian
08-04-2005, 02:59 AM
sorry to hear about your missus . glad she is not badly hurt . as for the idiot i hope that he learns the error in his way . it's amazing how a torpedo or two can help ;D
anzac

Big_unit
08-04-2005, 04:52 AM
He refuses. Apparently his words were "F#@k that, its not my fault she cant stand up straight" Anyway I have nothing further to say for fear of incriminating myself.

Target acquired, fire at will.

Cheers
James.

DR
08-04-2005, 05:20 AM
the mans a fool. how hard is it to say, 'gee, i didn't realise i was going that fast, sorry'
i am sure you will point this out to him....

then again, the man may well be a phsyco with scant regard for human life, mmuuuuwwaaaahahahahaaaaa (evil laugh) beware.

JB
08-04-2005, 05:49 AM
"F#@k that, its not my fault she cant stand up straight"

.... hope these were his last words before he got knocked on his arse ;) >:(

NeMo84
08-04-2005, 06:09 AM
yeh big unit its true, some people can be reasoned with and other just need a good pasting [smiley=smash.gif]

Big_unit
08-04-2005, 06:12 AM
He allegedly has had a Samoan Rugby style tackle ( 137 kg charge at full pace whilst individual is trying to retreat behind other people.) performed by The Minister for Education.

Who cant stand up straight now ? #

Have you ever seen a grown man squealing " Im sorry, I didnt mean too " ? I might have.

James.

NeMo84
08-04-2005, 06:19 AM
how old are you big_unit?

Big_unit
08-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Why do you ask ?

Mick
08-04-2005, 06:31 AM
When are you coming to play country rugby big unit? Our drinking team has a rugby problem!
I guess big unit is 29 and he shall find finacial success this week. Your lucky numbers are 5,6 and 9 and your lucky colour is yellow. The stars and planets show me the way.

NeMo84
08-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Were you a student at BSHS?

NeMo84
08-04-2005, 06:34 AM
actually if you have a wife then you wouldnt be who im thinking of so dont worry...take it easy [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Big_unit
08-04-2005, 06:39 AM
Mick,
# # # #I love drinking and I have a rugby problem. How much money will I get with this financial sucess ? Will it be enough for everything I have ever wanted ? Are you a star gazer or just a funny bugger ? or are you a Profiler.

Nemo84,
# # # # # #No worries I obviously reminded you of someone, its all good.

Cheers
James.

DR
08-04-2005, 06:41 AM
He allegedly has had a Samoan Rugby style tackle ( 137 kg charge at full pace whilst individual is trying to retreat behind other people.) performed by The Minister for Education.

Who cant stand up straight now ? #

Have you ever seen a grown man squealing " Im sorry, I didnt mean too " ? I might have.

James.
;) nice

Mick
08-04-2005, 06:55 AM
Saturn and URanus are in line with the seventh moon of pluto. This means that the finacial success you shall stumble apon will only be slight to moderate. Just kiddin.
The only times I look at stars are when they are circling my head after being smashed by a break away. So, i guess that leaves me to be a funny bugger. Have you guys started your season yet?

Big_unit
08-04-2005, 07:41 AM
The Gympie Hammers, they have played a pre season game I think. They are the local side but I dont play for them. I played for the Deniliquin Drovers before my knees gave out. Second rower and occasionally on the blindside wing I used to be quite quick, "used to be" I sound like an ole man. Rugby is a great game but hey you must already know that. Who do you play for ?

Cheers
James

Mick
08-04-2005, 07:50 AM
Don't start on the knee's. 2 op's on right knee has slowed the rugby playing. After7 (new to ausfish) just did his knee on saturdays game as well. I lent him all my knee guards and knee braces.
Only have one rugby side in Bowen, the Bowen Mudcrabs who play in the Mackay comp. I thought you played for the gold coast..., must have been thinking about someone else.
No after7, I am not going to Mackay this week end after the 51 nil loss.

Big_unit
08-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Knee guards and braces and strapping for that matter are all useless in my book. Doing an ACL is a mind blowing pain, isnt it ? I have had a few wild accidents but a serious knee injury is in a league of its own.

Welcome to the house of pain, pain is my friend, it likes me, I have to ask myself do I like it ? YES its healthy.

Cheers
James.

Mick
08-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Yep, I have read the same book. However, haven't had much drama with ligaments. My knee injuries haven't been side blow outs but more bending the wrong way types. Both ops I have had the knee locked at a right angle and had to get it straightened under the knife. Not much meniscus left in right knee.
After7 did ACL and is in the pain you refer to as we speak.
I don't learn thou, am training hard to get back on the field. Now I know why you have shown a bit of aggression towards the speeding boat driver. You aren't regulary smashing blokes on a weekly basis. When you stop playing, you miss legally belting a bloke from time to time.

Glind
08-04-2005, 08:26 AM
I've just done the ACL too. Am off to the butcher, oops, I mean surgeon on Wednesday. Not pleasant.
I survived my rugby playing days (finished 10 years ago) with only 2 shoulder reconstructions to do the ACL mucking around in the cricket nets. Who said sport was healthy and good for you!

Mick
08-04-2005, 08:48 AM
mmmm, a leading vascular heart and lung capicity researcher and fitness fanatic in the usa died while jogging in traffic at an early age and the lead singer of rolling stones is still kicking and he injects heroin into his eyes..., go figure

SeaHunt
08-04-2005, 09:28 AM
That would be Jim Fix, Mick, died in 1984, wrote The Complete Book of Running and was probably responsible for starting the jogging revolution back in the late 70's.

Back on topic, I often see the six knots sign and slow down to probably about 3 or 4 (walking pace) , for wash I think 6 knots is way too fast , in my boat anyway you get more wash at 6 knots than planing along at 30 knots.
Measured with GPS, my speedo stops working under 10 knots.

after7
08-04-2005, 09:38 AM
I like pain - but prefer it as something to give.
@98 kg i try my best to give more than i get.
so if someone needs an education i might be willing to help(i have an educational degree) [smiley=devil.gif] [smiley=scholar.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif]

Fishin_Dan
08-04-2005, 09:59 AM
There was a jet racing boat in the Kedron Brook Floodway a couple of weeks ago going flat stick (And that's pretty damn fast) up and down the river right in front of the jetty. This is a 6 Knot No Wash zone.... I would think that going as fast as possible in a boat designed to race faster than most cars go wouldn't be qualified as 6 knots or no wash....

Some people just have no idea....

Bosunsmate
08-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Hope the missus is ok B.U.

Launched at the Ross creek ramp last night, a couple of hours later when I came back to the ramp some inconsiderate had decided that the middle of the ramp was a great place to park and look at the water, not just face down into the water but accross three lanes....He just sat there while I tried to reverse down around him, he got a bit peeved when I removed the bungs drained the boat at the top of the ramp directly behind his nice black ss crumpledore.

Would have lurved to have drained into his car but his window was wound up 'n' he was bigger than me....

Big_unit
08-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Bosunsmate,
Size dont mean stuff all. Its not the size of the dog but the size of the fight in the dog. Me I am 6'4" and 137 kgs my brother is 5'8" 85 kgs, we mix it up all the time and sometimes I let him win. Nah seriously though if you have ticker nothing is impossible. I used to be a Doorman at a Kings Cross Hotel
( Australian Hotel on the corner of Darlinghurst Rd ) had some situations where things got hairy but if you keep composed most people just back down, they dont need to know you are bluffing but you should really be able to back yourself or have someone handy that can.

Cheers
James

dasher
08-04-2005, 02:57 PM
James I prefer to have disagreements with blokes your size mate. :o I'm 4 foot 16 inches and an upper cut from me will be very painful for guys your height ::) ;D :o

dasher
08-04-2005, 03:02 PM
By the way, I absolutely love pain. ;D

As long as it doesn't hurt. [smiley=whip.gif] :'(

Big_unit
08-04-2005, 03:26 PM
And who said ole fellas arent funny. Good on ya Dasher. So why do they call you Dasher ?

Brejen
08-04-2005, 06:10 PM
James
Mate hope the wife is feeling better. Have a Masters degree in helping educate "wayne kers" so only need yell if needed, but sounds as thou you have it under control. Some people just don't think, sick of having my boat smashed around from idiots racing in and past the ramps, espeacially, at the Grand Hotel Ramp on the Goldie. Watch the pontoon here to any newcomers scratches boats without fenders or the more so with this twits coming in at great rates and wash you could surf off.
Mate know what you are talking about with the ACL completely detached mine top and bottom 10 yr ago. Went back to Doc's today, now need to go back in for look as it may have let go, real loose. Never felt pain like it. Played Footy all my school years, rode Bulls and Broncs( RODEO) for 15yrs -no major injuries then go Bloody Snow Boarding and snap my knee 1st day. Like you i'm a big bloke 5"9' and 105kg and the knees take it all. Should never have been invented. Pain is good lets you know your alive. Let me know if you and Dave are heading down this way will try get out. Most important thing is the wife is alright and hope she hasn't been put off heading out with you.
Brett

jugs
08-04-2005, 06:25 PM
I used to hold the boat at the ramp until a similar thing happened to me, but would you believe it was the COASTGUARD flying past the end of the ramp! After that day, I learnt to reverse the trailer down the ramp, now hubby holds the boat!You had better teach your missus the art of reversing the trailer!

Bosunsmate
08-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Jugs,

I know what you mean about the Coast Guard....Spent a few years with them up here in Townsville but it became too much of an old boys club for me, besides they act like they are the H2O Coppas, the uniform does it I reckon.....Unfortunately they give all the other VMR's a bad name.

Other prob here is the flamin ferrys, their 6kts is faster than any other boats I'm sure of that, even at their supposed 6kts the bow wave is higher than my tub can comfortably handle and there is certainly quite a bit of wash..... I won't launch from the Townsville CG ramps as a rule unless its after last ferry at night.......

Regards
Graeme

jugs
08-04-2005, 06:42 PM
that's understandable!

dasher
08-04-2005, 06:51 PM
And who said ole fellas arent funny. Good on ya Dasher. So why do they call you Dasher ?

Bloody cheeky young whippersnapper, I#resemble that remark. ::)

Dasher came from the old days when I was a white collar jerk. Always wore a suit and it started a dapper then dashing and finally dasher. Probably more appropriate now for my fighting prowess. I can be pretty dashing when needed. ;) ::)

Big_unit
08-04-2005, 06:58 PM
My missus who also has the worlds biggest heart wont let anything stop her from having fun. She will be there tomorrow if I am going. She read this entire topic, smiled and laughed big time at what all you guys had to say. Now she knows why I spend a bit of time here. Thanks Ausfishers you made a bad experience into something good.

Cheers
James.

PS - Dasher you are alright I dont care what anyone says about you. ;D

dasher
08-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Errr thanks. I think ??? ??? ;D