PDA

View Full Version : Hey Volvo - Auckland Creek Boat Ramp

Kerry
08-04-2005, 02:26 PM
See Corones wants to packup/ripup the main Auckland Creek boat ramp along with VMR and shove it all somewhere else just that somewhere else doesn't have a name.

What a dumb place to want to put a dull coffee shop strip and make believe beach #[smiley=thumbsdown.gif].

Cheers, Kerry.

Volvo
09-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Kerry it was only a matter of time before they made a move for that..Know its been part of their wish list for some time now, hence no boarding pontoon adjascent to the boat Ramp now >:(..There is a petition going now at the local VMR from what ive heard..
Been nightshift so didnt hear about it till today, think i'm on roster tomorrow so will check it out and see what happeneing...
Somehow if they had built a decent boatramp to take the place of this one , who knows what sort of responce they may have gotten??...
They have three in the Marina and all as useless as tites on a bull ey...
The wish for where the present VMR and Boatramp is $$$$$ and sidewewalk cafe's me is thinking??..maybe reason for the move???....
As for a make believe Beach!!?? be as usefull as the one they have alongside the Marina Bundwall now....
Cheers

Kerry
09-04-2005, 01:01 PM
It's easy to see "what" they want to turn it into and why and that has developers and $$'s written all over it especially with the move for all the apartment style plans for the other side of the road.

I got the impression that some bright spark might have been suggesting the Calliope river ???? for a new ramp but geez one would need a cut lunch to clear the harbour from there.

One could have built a reasonable multilane ramp into the Marina area but of course most now is taken up with "other" interests and the trailer boatie gets stuffed again all in the interests of "lifestyle".

Cheers, Kerry.

Pash67
10-04-2005, 02:52 AM
Are they intending to move the yacht club aswell? It would be a huge waste of money to build it as I don't think Gladstone people would use it that much.

Adrian

Volvo
10-04-2005, 04:24 AM
pash67, thats what rumour has??..Just trying to round up some facts and then will ask Ausfish management if i can run an online petition against the closure of the ramp..
For all all boaties that do use this ramp please dont hesitate and come down fill the local petition going now...
It would be a shame to see the present building and ramp be allocated eleswhere as there's been no mention of anywhere else suitable being provided in its place as yet....
Keep yez informed.Cheers