PDA

View Full Version : 9th Boaties Market 1st May Vicky Point

subzero
18-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Just a bit of advance notice for you blokes as I know many of you locals like to attend before heading out on the bay.
Unfortunately it is smack bang in the middle of a long weekend as it was the only date the School could give us around that time.
Cheers Lloyd

Volunteer Marine Rescue Victoria Point BOATIES MARKET

01-May-05 05:30am to 12:00pm

Venue: Victoria Point State School Cnr Colburn and School Roads

Town/Suburb: Victoria Point

State: QLD

Description: Volunteer Marine Rescue Victoria Point is holding it’s ninth bi annual Boaties Market at the Victoria Point State School grounds in Colburn Avenue on Sunday May 1st.. The gates open for site holders and buyers at 5.30 am. The Commodore of the Rescue Unit, Mr. Ian Fischer said that the market had now become a well known event and continued to increase in popularity each time. He said that the Unit now had a reputation for efficiency in the setting up of the stalls whilst the School always operated a great sausage sizzle with drinks also being available.
He added that entry for buyers was by means of a donation with the proceeds going towards operating and maintaining the rescue vessels, looking after the building, it’s vehicles and safety equipment. Site holders pay a token $10 per site with there being no restrictions on the size required and no need to book ahead. We are always pleased to donate a percentage of our takings to the School’s P & C Association for their generosity in making the grounds available for the market he said and the interest shown in this year’s market is well in excess of the previous ones.
Our theme he said continues to be anything “from a fish hook to a power cruiser!” and it is rare that a site holder does not dispose of most or all of items for sale.

Contact Name: Robert Collyer
Contact Email: robcollyer@ozemail.com.au
Contact Phone: 0412 506 626
URL: http://www.vmr.org.au/upcomingevents.html

Black_Rat
08-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Bump :-X

subzero
08-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Thanks Black_Rat for keeping an eye on it for us.
Cheers Lloyd

Lucky_Phill
08-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Apparently my good self will be in attendance.

There will be the " Lucky_Phill's mackmauler slugs " on sale as well as other odd stuff like:'
3/0 VMC hooks
swivels
bait jigs

This list will be added to.

Cheers Phill

Sportfish_5
08-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Set aside some slugs for me Phil ::)

See yas there ;)

adamleah
08-04-2005, 05:41 PM
I keep telling you ...you need to get BIGGER VMC's Phil ;)

Ill be there !

subzero
08-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Hows the new addition to the family Adam?

bignick
09-04-2005, 04:13 AM
I'll be there. Isn't the 1st of May the 1st Sunday in May? If that is so, wouldn't that make it Mothers' Day?

Cheers,
NICK.

SeaHunt
09-04-2005, 06:20 AM
You make those bait jigs yourself Phill?

reScuE_RanGEr
09-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Nick

I think Mother's Day is the 2nd Sunday in May - altho maybe I shouldnt have told u. Your mum might have been looking forward to two gifts!! ;)

Lucky_Phill
09-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Sorry Adam, had a rush on larger VMC's for the 1770 M & G. But will keep you posted.

I do not make the bait jigs myself, they are the same type purchased in ya local bait & tackle shop for way too much.

Yes Greg, slugs are yours.

Phill

beefaman
12-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Mothers Day is the 8th of May this year guys ;)