PDA

View Full Version : man vs batman

jimmybob
13-04-2005, 12:26 PM
this thing put on an awesome fight on 3kg....45mins plus it took...no good eatin? anyone know...i let this lil sucker go

megafish71
13-04-2005, 12:59 PM
We call a mate of mine batman after he caught a 6.5kg batfish. He also got a new Australian record for it. I don't know if I like to have that title. ;D ;D But its always good for a shit stir anyway. He explains the fight to be like pulling up a rubbish bin lid with 2 besser blocks tied to it.

Ron

dfox
13-04-2005, 02:22 PM
A common fish, but not a common catch! dad caught one off innisfail once on spanish mackeral gear and everyone was surprised at how well it fought, did well to throw it back jim, the fillets wouldnt be worth the trouble...foxy

Dug
13-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Batman did someone call for Batman?

These two were accosting my wife for her hot chips at a wedding.

They were wedding guests ! (Long Story)

Volvo
13-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Batfish, normally get them Schooled up by the hundreds around the Islands up this way..Have had them come right up and take food out of my hand :)..
Fight like the bejeezus if hooked up but like the others have said , aint no good eating and best letting them go back where they come from..
Do grow to some size too ey..
Cheers

devocean
14-04-2005, 09:15 AM
I have heard they taste good but its best to throw them back as they are one particular species that actually eats box jelly fish. See them all the time spearing and can scare the crap out of you as they get pretty big.

Volvo
14-04-2005, 09:38 AM
???Dont know, never tasted them as heard they arent the best for chewing on..Would feel bad chewin on one after handfeeding them :)..
Cheers