Cheers
neil

michael_Brewer
15-04-2005, 07:08 PM
a few tuna sandwiches and a solid 3 metre swell! #;D

burley boy :-[

Boxhead
16-04-2005, 03:01 AM
Left over bait, bread, carcasses and some tuna oil into the food processor, blend it all up and freeze it in 2 litre milk containers so that when you go fishin' you take off the lid and hang it over the side. This creates an uninteruptable trail. Along with this I also mash the burley pot and throw small chucks into the trail...

Getting excited thinking about it..... [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Nath....

finga64
16-04-2005, 04:19 AM
nephew and some ham, egg and lettice sambo's and no swell [smiley=freak.gif]
Seriosly, though we mince fish heads, backbones, some chicken pellets, old meat you name it add some tuna oil and freeze it in the burley bucket.(we get into trouble about this point ;)) .
Because we ususally bottom bounce we attach the burley bucket to the end of the anchor chain so the burley goes where we want it. Lost a few buckets though ??? but it seems to work.

SCOTTYGC
16-04-2005, 06:02 AM
dont forget a few cans of cat food

devocean
16-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Cat food, any old bait, canned sardines, canola oil, fish pellets and crab shells all mixed together in a blender that I got from sollys for 10 buck. Poor contents into knee high stocking and then freeze. When you want it take out the stocking and simply place in the watter where you are fishing. Works a treat

Jason173
16-04-2005, 08:41 AM
where do you buy tuna oil from ???

imagineer
16-04-2005, 09:09 AM
yip need a new blender her last one broke the last week I went fishing ..... strange that. ;)

nonibbles
16-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Did she hit you when she threw it?

SCOTTYGC
16-04-2005, 09:32 AM
tuna oil from all good bait and tackel shops

Dug
16-04-2005, 01:14 PM
chook pellets and tuna oil.

I got found using the blender ::)

Mrs Doug was not happy
[smiley=gorgeous.gif] turned into [smiley=angryfire.gif]

SeaHunt
16-04-2005, 01:36 PM
tuna oil from all good bait and tackel shops

Also Big W and K Mart, sometimes it says Tuna oil and you read the fine print and it says can have other oil blenden in depending on availability of Tuna oil. Others have a sticker saying 100% pure tuna oil, cheap stuff. Stinks and wont come off most things, even seems to stick to plastic. :-/

I mix Bread , chook pellets , old pilchards, tuna oil and boiling water up in a old blender and freeze it into blocks that neatly fit into my 4 dollar plastic burley bucket which I tie to a rope with a big mo fo snapper sinker on it so I can adjust the depth. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Cheech
16-04-2005, 02:35 PM
I use to do the concoction thing, but it all seemed a pain to make and get working properly. Nowdays I just use chook pellets soaked in oil, or mushed up pillies if fishing deep water.

But ask me the same question next month and I will probably be on to something else. It seems to be one of those things that you can chop and change on.

By the way,,, We have the perfect pellet dispenser on my boat. The engine bay has a small drain hole that sits below the water line at rest. With the rocking of the boat with wave action, we get a constant flow of water in and out of this hole. So all we now do is pour in a cup of pellets into the bay, and the action dispenses a pellet or 2 every 5 or 10 seconds. Gives a continuous trail. Just have to add in a bit more every 10 minutes or so. Works a treat.

Cheech

bignick
16-04-2005, 06:18 PM
I chop up any old bait I can find in the freezer and mix it up in a big bucket with 5kg of Marron Pellets. Add a goodly dash of Tuna Oil and as much Charlie Carp and mix it all up well, adding just a tiny amount of water to give the mix a little bit of binding power. It works well either tossed over the side in big lumps every now and again as the tide slows, or in a Burley Bomb for the deeper water or when there is a bit of current on. Smells a treat, too.

Cheers,
NICK.

Burley_Boy
17-04-2005, 04:50 PM
I do similar thing and freeze the lump into a big sausage that fits into my burley dispenser. Found that it melts too quick though and I might try the stocking trick next time and a bit more water.
Anyone know where I can pick up an old meat grinder rather than using the blender that tends to die....

saphire
18-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Have you seen those gross bait thingys that they sell in Big W. They are in the fishing section. Cant miss them because you can smell them before you see them.
YUKKY.
Thow some caviar in for good luck.
saphire [smiley=balloon3.gif]

zulu
19-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Burley boy, I picked up mine at the Sunday Flea markets [where one mans crap is supposedly another mans treasure]. Burley recipes, chook pellets, fish frames, old bait and small amount of water. We try not use Tuna oil where we go it tends to bring in the big fellows in the grey suits :o

chemmy
19-04-2005, 03:48 AM
you can buy tuna oil from any tackle store

finga64
19-04-2005, 04:18 AM
[smiley=idea.gif]how would freezing the burley (after the blending/mincing/mixing bit) in a 2 or 3 litre milk container go?? ??? Easy, cheap to get, fits in the freezer easy (and keep mum happy when the tuna oil can't leak out onto the topside roast) and when you want to use it just take the lid off, tie a rope to the inbuilt handle and over she goes. Reuseable as well..any ideas??

blaze
19-04-2005, 04:48 AM
I have a hand mincer that I use (going to put an electric motor on one day), I find it works better if I freeze the frames etc and then chop up with a cleaver and feed it through, doesnt seem to block up as much
cheers
blaze

devocean
19-04-2005, 05:20 AM
Tuna oil is way toexpensive you can get the same effect using canola oil with essence

rando
19-04-2005, 11:17 AM
My wifes got me on a diet, gives me those little tins of tuna for lunch every day.I tip the oil/ liquid off into a screwtop jar and mix it up with bread and old bait scraps/frames when im going fishing seems to work ok , & costs zip
Rando

Cheech
19-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Devo,

I need a cheaper alternative to tuna oil. I am aware that some vegetables or fruit work the opposite so very interested in your comment about cranola oil.

I was thinking about using the tuna oil as a base, and then something else cheap as the filler.

What is the essence you are referring to?

Cheech