PDA

View Full Version : Fishing licence/permit N.S.W

MTpockets
19-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Hi Guys,
I am off to Iluka/Yamba next week for a few days of fishing and R&R and would like some info on fishing permits for NSW.
Can I obtaion one at a local tackle/bait shop?
What cost would there be?
Thanks in advance.
cheers
Les

Da-Jew-Man
20-04-2005, 02:34 AM
Should be no problem, although some places do not have them.
Apparently they make nothing from the sale.
One year $ 25, 3 years $70.
Good value as the money is chaneled back into a variety of things such as restocking Jewie population and I heard that the Mullet netters in Nthn NSW have been bought out. Yippeee.
Next year there will be lotsa mullet,then lotsa tailor and then the jewies.
;D ;D ;D ;D

finga64
20-04-2005, 02:43 AM
day licenses and month licenses available If I remember correct a month is $10.
You can also buy online so no hassels

https://pnpnet.qvalent.com/OnlinePaymentServlet?cd_community=NSWFISH&cd_supplier_business=NSWFISHERIES&cd_currency=AUD

Looks like the hyperlink didn't work right. just copy and paste. sorry :'(

Also agree they're doing good things with the money.
Remember also the different fish bag and size limits!!!
Whilst your there the fish measuring stickers for the boat are FREE in NSW. Get to know the bait guy..They also have pretty pictures of the common species on their stickers.
Good luck in Mexico ;D

Heath
20-04-2005, 02:53 AM
You can buy them online as well. Thats how I do it for when my cousins come out or visitors that don't have a licence. Just purchase it the morning before we go.

MTpockets
20-04-2005, 07:04 AM
Very much appreciated guys, Thanks for the info :)

cheers
Les

beatle
20-04-2005, 04:21 PM
I don't think the mullet netters were bought out at least in Ballina, they did a deal whereby they could still net all the Mullet going out to sea in the Richmond River (they set up camp near Shawes Bay, well inside the Rec. only zone, and wait for the Mullet to run to sea). For this special dispensation they have supposedly helped the Bass fishery further up the river. I can't remember what they actually did for the Bass fishery because I have heard nothing more about since they were allowed back in their old netting ground.

Burley_Boy
20-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Guys, if I head out the Seaway and want to fish the 9mile which I think is in NSW waters, do I have to first get the NSW licence then adhere to both the NSW and the QLD limits...

RobSee
20-04-2005, 07:02 PM
MTpockets- I just came back from Iluka yesterday. I was there for the weekend. I found it really hard going. there is a LOT of water to explore, however I did not have much luck with the fish. We got a few whiting (don't forget they have to be 27cm down there) and a few smaller bream. Aparently we were told that they are getting a few fish a fair way up the Clarence. Anyone else know where the best spots are to get a feed there?

MTpockets
20-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks Rob, will let ya know how we go.
When it comes to whiting I never bother keeping them unless they are at least 27 here in Brissy anyhow, so If I get bigger than 27, I will be indeed happy.
cheers
Les