PDA

View Full Version : Boat license Testing

wallyk
20-04-2005, 06:02 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you know of a boat license tester who will come to our house and use our own boat. I have at least four people who would like to get their license. I have heard of people doing a day course this way.

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks Wally.

markpeta
20-04-2005, 06:28 AM
If your in Northern suburbs of Brisbane ring Beachmere Boats in Whitting Street Beachmere. Takes about 2 hours on a Saturday Morning get in quick before it becomes a three day course to get a licencse. Cost about $40.00 + $35.00 at department of transport this price includes the boat hire. When I got mine a girl got hers no worries and had never driven a boat before.

See Ya Mark

wallyk
20-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Thanks for your help Mark but I am at Birkdale in the Redlands

Cheers Wally

Kiktz
20-04-2005, 09:11 AM
what about down the Gold Coast, I want to get this mrs up and going ???
any suggestions ?

subzero
20-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Wally, ring a bloke called Peter Hewet. He is at Victoria Point, (Masters Court) and discuss it with him. (Yes he will use your boat). He is fair, does our testing at VMR Victoria Point for those who start without a licence, and has a very relaxing way about him... pretty much stress free and he asks the oral questions in such a matter of fact way as you are boating, you dont realise you are sitting the test till after.
Say I sent you (Lloyd from VMR Vicky Point)... same prices as above pretty much I think.
phone 32078475

Kiktz, major problems getting available testers on the GC as I understand from time to time... he wont go down to the GC as the 2 or 3 testers who do it got a bit uppety I believe the last time he tried to help out some people who had to wait for available slots.... It reached the stage at 1 point that I had made arrangements for 8 S.L.S.C members to sit theirs up here and bring their boat but they managed to get one of them to look after them down their in the end... enjoy a days boating in the Bay and bring your missus and boat up here.... arange it with Peter
Cheers Lloyd

propdinger
20-04-2005, 11:43 AM
i agree with Lloyd towards using Peter he is a good bloke and very fair and he would prefer that you use your own boat anyway

wallyk
20-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Thanks Lloyd but I can't find his number, if possible could you email it to me at wally_57_au@yahoo.com.au.

Cheers Wally

subzero
20-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Wally, 32078475... say gidday for me, he's a top bloke
Cheers Lloyd

wallyk
21-04-2005, 03:59 AM
Hey thanks Lloyd I gave Peter a call and your right he is a good bloke. I will definitely use him if I can't find someone to come to our place.

Many thanks Wally