PDA

View Full Version : Rod Gone

Sergio_kutz
20-04-2005, 07:16 PM
After a long time, i've finally decided to let everyone know that duriung the easter break, whilst fishing with Phil thompson, i lost my 2 month old sic-stick. :( We stopped off on a bank so phil could go to the loo, and between leaving there and arriving at our next spot in the noosa river, my rod which was just sitting in the rod holder out the back of his boat went over the side. no line in the water, no nothing, just gone. It turned a great easter weekend into a very sad reflective one. It's taken me this long just to put it up here.

Before it went missing however i managed to get 5 bream and 2 small flathead from fishing out of my kayak. Also got broken off by something biggish the first day out with phil. Then uni has been getting busy and i haven't been out since. and phil, you know how i said after about 2 weeks i'd be able to laugh about it, it's more like 4 months give or take.

A very sad and rodless,
Sergio

Dignity
21-04-2005, 03:24 PM
god how I hate that - I lost a rod in similar circumstances about 25 years ago that I built for my wife and I still get reminded of it every time we go out fishing.