PDA

View Full Version : GBRMPA FOI?

NQCairns
21-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Recieved in the mail today notification that my submission regarding the Arlington pontoon will be included within an FOI request to some entity??
Anyone know who/what is chasing this info ???.
The fishing party's stand must be ruffling some feathers around the traps ;D ;D ;D.
nq

Moffy
21-04-2005, 03:41 PM
got the same nq - suspect it'll be the people whose application got knocked back - just checking up to make sure it was considered properly by GBRMPA i guess.

nonibbles
21-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Got the same. I too would like to know who the FOI request is from? Why can they request this info that identifies me (and my address therefore exposing my family) without revealing themselves? I have no problem with passing this info on but if I were to recieve negative treatment by some person or party in the future because of my stance, I'd like to know of whom I'd be dealing with.
Can't imagine anything untoward by this but we are in strange times :-/

Derek Bullock
21-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Anyone can make a request under FOI on matters like this. If you recall Gary Fookes mentioned he was going to request submissions under FOI over the Weiman Creek boat ramp affair.

It's a good possibility that the company that had the application rejected is either mounting an appeal or suing for damages. In doing so they have requested from GBRMPA what they based their decision on. GBRMPA will be saying that they took into consideration input from the public and the company has requested to see that input (everyones emails and letters) under FOI.

This is one of the reasons I cautioned people about remaining professional in their emails and letters to GBRMPA when this first surfaced.

Derek

luigi
21-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Yeah I got one also.

I would hate to think that the people involved with this (including GBRMPA) are doing it out of spite or perhaps applying a bit of subtle pressure on us to not make submissions in future.

Maybe I'm getting too cynical in my old age. [smiley=hammer.gif] :P

NQCairns
21-04-2005, 06:04 PM
"This is one of the reasons I cautioned people about remaining professional in their emails and letters to GBRMPA when this first surfaced."

Oooops :-X I gave them an ear full ;D ;D

Nonibbles, I totally agree.

dasher
21-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Just maintain the rage, politely. ;D

kc
22-04-2005, 06:59 AM
I guess I can look forward to getting mine in the mail today............can't wait! I have about 6 or 8 letters and emails to GBRMPA and sundry politicians for them to mull over....all above board but all making it pretty clear that no one, except the company, wanted their pontoon in a blue zone. I even sent a letter to the company straight after the event letting them know it was nothing personal....just a principle....keep your tourism facilities in your tourism zones.

KC

agnes_jack
22-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Just got mine in the mail!!
Doesn't seem to be a problem unless you don't want to stand by what you stated.
I assume (as Derek said) that they will mount an appeal.
Interesting 8)

Regards, Tony

agnes_jack
22-04-2005, 08:48 AM
KC
Based on this freedom of information act, should we not also have the right to request the information that has led to the closure of the green zones on the reef, and copies of all submissions relating to it's closure and re zoning?

Regards, Tony ???