PDA

View Full Version : Weather to go or not ??

markpeta
19-05-2005, 01:26 PM
What do you guys make of the prediction so far for friday night will be leaving from Bribie about 3pm fishing inside of Moreton friday night . Will it be comfortable or not with the wind direction ?

issued 1610 Wednesday]
FORECAST FOR MORETON BAY
Wednesday until midnight: S/SW winds 13/18 knots, tending S/SE during the day.
Seas to 0.9 of a metre in open waters. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.
Thursday: SW/S winds 13/18 knots, tending S/SE during the day. Seas to 0.9
metre in open waters. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.
Friday: SW/SE winds freshening to 20 knots.
Saturday: SW/S winds 20 knots.

MY ALIBI
19-05-2005, 05:26 PM
MARKPETA
ive been cought out over at curtin left about that time by 8pm s/w had picked up
i rekon 25-30 knts by 10pm i was in 2-3mtr swell.
wasnt a good ride back to spinika .whish i had stayed there now and waited it out .
thing about it though i went on simular 4 cast.

ya just never know ...
im humin and harin cause i was thinkin me do hutchies over night thurs/fri.

where did you get that report from?????????

DavidT
19-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I am not sure who is more accurate, i have been basing my going outs on sea breeze i have attached the Graph it has a different opinion to BOM.

I am hoping to get out this week/end i am just not sure what the weather is going to do and i was looking forward to good weather this weekend but this rain prediction and storms in QLD is almost acting like it is bloody summer still ???

Cheers,

David.

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-05-2005, 02:46 AM
David/Markpeta,I have only been following Seabreeze. com for approx 3 weeks now & it has been spot on with its w/end forecasts todate which has predicted sh*tty winds each time but it shows easing winds for for Sat & a bottler for Sun so the only thing would be to keep an eye on that storm activity listed for Sat, but I would think Friday morning ok but wind increasing in the afternoon & dropping away during the night for Sat. Cheers Touchy.><>.

razorline
20-05-2005, 03:40 AM
Touchy,
Snappa is going away this weekend, should be great conditions ;D ;D

Razorline.

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-05-2005, 05:27 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D BRING IT OOOON.!!