PDA

View Full Version : FISHING MAD

ON-THE-CHEW
21-05-2005, 04:54 PM
A couple of mates and I are mad keen fishermen but at yet to have the luxury of having a boat. We live in the redlands go fishing about four times a week but are limited to land based fishing.

We drive to areas as north as Redcliffe and south as the Tweed River. We have been using soft plastics as our main source of bait. Went to Tim Morgan's talk the other night, very interesting.

The big question is if anyone knows any good land based fishing spots for baits or plastics, we have tried a lot of places but no consistent performers.<>< <>< <><

mackmauler
21-05-2005, 05:15 PM
weathers been so dam bad for boating noone needs crew atm but always worth posting if ya available to chip in for fuel, getting into snapper season outside now with lotsa guys short handed at times.

DavidT
22-05-2005, 09:32 AM
I havnt gone to Fishermans Island for a very long time, but i allways had a good time there, i found the best place to fish was under the Road Bridge without a sinker, you are always bound to get decent size Bream (Around the 28-30cm Mark).

If you want, just PM your deatils and happy to contact you to go out in the bay, i normaly go out the front of Wello just to the left of the leads, have had allright sucess there for decent size Squire.

The other place i have been having good success is the Canals at Birkdals, i normaly walk to them as they close by to my house, but i have caught good size Bream in there, and also caught a decent size Jack yesterday, there have also been some reasonable sized choppers in there as well.

Normaly you will see me fishing some where late arvo's during the week days around Thornside Birkdale area, the Thirnside Boat ramp at Tingalpa Creek is also a good spot as well, i reckon you would get a decent feed there nowadays.

Cheers,

David.

Lucky_Dave76
23-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Hayes inlet at Redcliffe is worth a shot...the flathead are prolific in there. I can catch 10-15 in a sesion (last of run out) you will have more success if you can get accross to the big sand bank in the middle.. ##don't go far from the old bridge...no more than 100 metres from it.
Good luck
Dave

devocean
23-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Lota Creek at Low tide