squidgiepalmer
22-05-2005, 09:14 AM
and it just get worse

squidgiepalmer
22-05-2005, 09:15 AM
next step is when will it meet the other side

squidgiepalmer
22-05-2005, 09:17 AM
never seen it like this before but it has been bad if you plan on coming down this way be very wary of the bar
cheers squidgie

DaneCross
22-05-2005, 09:24 AM
Doesn't look too bad in those conditions, you should be fishing ;D I can see how it would be impassable in worse conditions... You might not have offshore access in a couple of weeks time :o Amazing how sand can shift so much.

Reefmaster
22-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Gary
mate i cant believe what i see #:o I spent alot of my younger years fishing evans and never i have seen it even close to that bad. What a shame. Do they have plans on doing anything about it?

I'm planing on coming back there soon as its been far too long since the last trip. I will have to come and say hello. Thought about dragging the boat down and fishing some of the old grounds but will have to try find the old land marks on paper as i don't think the oldman will remember them some how ::) ;D Gee we use to have some ripper jew trips down there.

Cheers Greg

i couldn't resist- ;D these were caught 18 years ago south of Kaos reef. 24 were caught and all this size in one afternoon fish. :o oh and no the guy on the right isn't chopper reid ;D

Da-Jew-Man
22-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Didn't the Bar nearly sand up last year or the year before. Remember a picture of someone standing in it also.
Hey Greg - :'( :'( :'( :'(

squidgiepalmer
22-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Yer Greg bar is shitty but you can get out with care not one boat went out today looks are deciving very rough on Shark Bay side SW blowing head off you would turn around and go home once you went past Forty Foot any time you wish to say hi Greg you wont have to remember marks as most reef area is GPS marked and you can get them of web or from Evans bait shop Neil has all on freezers in shop for all to see. the bar sands up every couple of years but not quite like this Government just spent $500.000 to fix but no good as all fisherman told them but as usual they the GOVNT knows best all they did was make a new sand bar in the river near the bridge and if you don't know that one you also can end up in trouble
cheers squidgie

banshee
22-05-2005, 05:15 PM
This is going to be interesting come July,I haven't checked the tide times but if they are early morning lows with two hundred odd boats trying to get out the shit is going to hit the fan big time,especialy if there is a bit on it,we can only hope that any "incidents" don't lead to casualties.I don't think there are any fixes,the last dredging lasted a few weeks,and the majaor fix didn't even get to work because a trawler operator decided to park his vessel on top of the flushing pipes rendering them usless.As Squidgey has said,exercise extreme caution,this bar can be deceptive,I have seen seemingly small swell suck up and snot boats heavily.

major-defect
22-05-2005, 09:10 PM
must need a good flood down that way.Need a cyclone to head a bit further south like they used to,

squidgiepalmer
23-05-2005, 10:01 AM
plenty went out today on the in coming tide don't know how bad it was coming back on the low as i was at soccer but it looked OK no waves to speak of but sea has gone right off it is a mill pond all the sand should be gone for thr Classic.
cheers squidgie

mono
23-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Maybe we should all bring along a shovel each? Whats the story with the trawler parking on the pipes last time it was dredged?
Nugget & I are really lookin' foward to coming down for the 10th Classic in July.
Cheers

squidgiepalmer
23-05-2005, 03:51 PM
i missed that mono first i heard of that was yesterday but im not surprised i know a few pros were pissed off may be he got caught on the new sand bar mono are you giving a charter away again this year
cheers squidgie

banshee
23-05-2005, 04:03 PM
The pipes I'm refering to are not linked to the last dredging operation,a while back,maybe a couple of years,the powers that be put in a flushing system that consisted of what looked to be six to eight inch perforated pipes under the water runing out through the bar.They were/still are conected to a compressor and water pump that is positioned on the end of the wall,they sat on the river bed and the idea was to pump an air/water mix through them under preasure on the run out tide causing a chanel to be scoured out,problem is the pipes were crushed and the project abandon.They would probably be about ten feet underneath where that girl is walking on the sand bar.

Mick
24-05-2005, 02:32 AM
Is that the rock wall next to chinamans? I used to surf down there alot in my younger days. Does the airforce still do live bombing on the beach south of chinamans?

banshee
24-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Just a thought,if Mono does sponsor the live snapper this year and put up a charter for the prize the least the organisers can do is make sure that the snapper are released into the ocean and not into an esky as was the case last year,where everything over three kilos was hit on the head,there were some very pissed off fishermen last year and I'm led to believe they mean to get to the bottom of it this year.Ive met Mono,he's a top bloke,I wouldn't like to hear his name mentioned in the same breath as these other individuals.

mono
24-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Yes Squidgy, will be putting up another full boat charter. Here is photo of last years winner and her mates.
Cheers

mono
24-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Yes Banshee, I also heard the same rumours about some of the live snapper. For years I have encouraged, endorsed and sponsored this division with the hope that this might lead to some big breeders getting released to keep our fishery healthly.
But, I am not a contest official, never have been, just a competitor who loves to meet, compete and have a couple of cold ones. This year I hear that the live snapper division might be canned anyway.
My sponsorship prize this year will be given away at the descrection of the committee.
Looking forward to the trip south for seven days of "NO KIDS-JUST FISH"
Cheers

squidgiepalmer
25-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Yes the Airforce still bomb the South Evans bombing range,as Banshee mentioned the pipes were removed begining of this year or end of last pro's were pissed off about it as they recon it was the best option the get rid of sand, as for the Snapper kills from the live tank i know that two were despatched as they were sick and would not have survived i know this as i helped Dave empty tank and they were given to the local football team to raffle off on Saturday and No repeat No committee member ended up with Snapper i am not on the committee, all i do is set up and pull down and have done for a long time , after Banshee post yesterday i have asked heaps of question about this and i have found no proof of Snapper other than the two that were sick been killed but i have not finished asking question off all.
cheers squidgie