PDA

View Full Version : Evans Head Fishing Classic

squidgiepalmer
28-05-2005, 10:07 AM
The Evans Head Fishing Classic now has its own web site so for all info on Classic please go to( evansheadfishingclassic.com.au ) you can down load enrty forms and rules and if you need any more info just email me but remember for accomadation book early
cheers squidgie

Hagar
28-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Squidgie
Hope the weather is better for the offshore fishers this year mate . Although it did make for some exciting viewing on the nightly video when the Evans bar was declared open again and the flotilla headed out .

Chris

squidgiepalmer
29-05-2005, 04:48 AM
going to be very interesting as tides are not the best for early morning fishing have video ready but hopefully all will be ok for the week let the weather gods be or way
cheers squidgie

Lucky_Phill
29-05-2005, 06:46 AM
Hey Gary, is that the bar on a good day ? ::)

and if so, is there a Wave Jumping Prize ?

Phill ;)

squidgiepalmer
29-05-2005, 01:50 PM
thats a good day and we will look into the biggest and highest jump but all jokes aside the bar is not bad even though the sand or should i say the new beach is still there many boats venturing out at night to fish for those toothie critters the Classic wil be a ggod one don't miss out on a great comp
cheers squidgie

mono
29-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Just shut your eyes, get your jacket on and go hard son!!

Hagar
29-05-2005, 05:25 PM
The 'Phantom' got my award for the most air on the bar video last year . :o :o

Chris

PinHead
30-05-2005, 04:03 AM
Is this one of those go hard ot get outta the way type bar crossings?

squidgiepalmer
30-05-2005, 12:02 PM
you don't have to go hard if you are in no ones way, 75mts from wall to wall, plenty of boats come classic time be nice and no probs
c heers squidgie

finga64
30-05-2005, 12:36 PM
good call squidgy ;)
and if in doubt, don't go.
The bar has claimed lots of victims in the past.
I always watch the bar and wave sets from the walls and look-out for ages before I even lauch the boat at Evans.
Please be carefull even if it looks good.

banshee
30-05-2005, 03:31 PM
I have to disagree,this is very much a go hard bar,unlike Ballina where you can change direction and head for saddles(low spots) in the wave,the waves in Evans nearly always break top to bottom hollow right across outside the mouth,when this bar has a bit on it there is no substitute for horsepower you need to go fifty odd metres real quick to clear the outer bar(where the wave has broken behind "King Bannana")even when it's flat you will not see to many taking this section lightly,it's have a look and hammer down.The build up of sand on the southern side has tact an extra twenty metres to the trip through.I have at times seen people slip around the north wall and try to out run it down the beach,in my opinion you stand an even chance of ending up on the beach outside the surf club taking this option.Boats have gone over on this bar in nearly every clasic and if the sand doesn't shift unfortunately this could be the worst,the tide times are not great for early morning and just remember not to crowd the bloke in the slot give him plenty of room to back up if he needs it.

P.S.After reading this I should state the obvious,that is,no one should hit the on coming swell with so much speed that the boat gets completely air borne.