PDA

View Full Version : Bazzaman is goin to yorkeys!!

bazzaman
29-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Gday All,

Transfer from work has come thru and im off to cairns (yorkeys knob) to live in 6 weeks. Hope to catch up with some ausfishos in the northern parts sooner or later! The new motor goes on in a few weeks and will be ready to hit the rivers and offshore reefs as soon as i get there! Hope the weather will be good once i get there as ill have 10 days before i start work to have a crack at the reefs! Any tips and marks for off yorkeys would be very useful if anyone has any and greatly appreciated! ::) ::)........Tinaroo might even be on the cards in the first few weeks! Bring on the barra and reds!!

Shane

cHiCo
29-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Yorkeys marina during barra season is worth a dig with some live mullet off the rock wall. Barron river isnt far from there aswell and might even be a boat ramp in yorkeys. Good luck!

bazzaman
29-05-2005, 07:40 PM
yeh thanks chico......a boat marina is in yorkeys...thats why im movin there of course!! Very nice place.....everything is pretty close by which helps!

philip_thomson
30-05-2005, 08:17 AM
good luck shane with the move. i look forward to seeing your reports from the area.

cheers phil

Hoges
30-05-2005, 08:22 AM
yeh thanks chico......a boat marina is in yorkeys...thats why im movin there of course!! Very nice place.....everything is pretty close by which helps!

LUCKY BUGGER!

http://www.fishingcairns.com.au/page3-5.html

Sportfish_5
30-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Shane - We will look after all your Spot X marks down here ;D

Just PM me the GPS marks and Ill distribute as required ::) lol

Good luck with the move !

Cheers

Greg

cHiCo
30-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Yeh mate watch out for the sandflies, mozzies and excessive air traffic at yorkeys though. Thats about the only downside to living there. Not far from town and the northern beaches though which is good.

bazzaman
30-05-2005, 11:08 AM
thanks fellas. Im getting a digital camera before i go so therell be pics with the reports. I aim to have a 1 or 2 reports each week. Hopefuly with some pics of fish with it ::) ::). Im yet receive any marks. Comeon boys im sure someone can help!! :P :P

aquarius
30-05-2005, 04:07 PM
G,day Shane.....Hope the move goes smoothly and will be looking for your posts with pics.
If ya catch too many Jacks just put them on ice and send to me via express mail...lol
Good luck mate.
Cheers Brent ;)

Bad_Bubby
30-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi Shane,

The rivers have been really quiet lately. I gave up on the Barron about 2 weeks ago, while most of my fishing mates haven't fished there for around a month. However, there have been good reports from offshore when the weather has been kind. Usually at this time of year I go down south for a bit. Some locals here go after the smaller estuary species (whiting, flathead, grunter) for a few months. I hope everything goes smoothly for you while making the big shift.

bazzaman
31-05-2005, 03:13 AM
Thanks Brent!.....Be plenty of reports i hope.

Bad bubby, thats not a bad thing the rivers being quiet, itll give me time to suss things out alot more and ill be hittn the reefs whenever the weather is right! Might catch up with ya soon.

Shane

megafish71
31-05-2005, 03:33 AM
Shane,
Make sure you give me a yell when you get up here. You'll have to join Daintreeboy and me for a reef trip or two. Catch up with you when you get up here.

Cheers Ron

bazzaman
31-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Yep for sure ron. Im 500% keen for a reef trip when i get up there mate! Especially with another boat who knows where their going!! Will be keen to get some marks into my gps! some reds and trout will hopefully be comn aboard!

Shane

Daintreeboy
01-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Weatehr might not be good until late August fro the reef but that'll give you time to check out the other stuff and upgrade all your tackle
cya soon mate.
Mark.

Kiktz
01-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Lucky Ba$t@rd,

Hope you enjoy your move looking forward to some more reports.

All The best

adriancorrea
01-06-2005, 01:13 PM
All the best shane
Hope you work lots and fish less
No I mean fish lots and work less lol
Heres a spot for ya
Leaving manly harbour head for a little island called mud in the winter lol
Good luck to ya mate
Be looking forward to reading your reports

Tight Lines
Adrian

bazzaman
01-06-2005, 04:07 PM
thanks all, the move is gunna come real fast and cant wait to get up there and start landing some fish! The reef trip when the weather is right will be a definate goer! Not so bad when the fishn is a little slow as mark said give me a little time to check things out! All i know is that ill be on the water as much as possible and tryn to work much less hours. Hope the boss doesnt get on this site ::) ::). Catch up with you northerners when i get up there and hope to get amongst em!

Shane